JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like a lot of guys speculating, with little knowledge, of what they will or won't do...lots of hearsay,typical internet experts. POI change? Yes. So what. Once you shoot it you WON'T want to shoot without it. Everything is good and there's nothing bad about shooting suppressed. Just get the first one you can afford, and soon you'll be back for more. Dumb to deprive yourself for that extra 200 bucks.

We leave our cans attached. Elite Iron Echo 6". All stainless steel. Come apart for cleaning. All internal parts available. But ... they are only .22rf cans. Once the average gun owners gets to shoot suppressed stuff, he will NOT want to shoot non suppressed stuff. Consider them just safety devices. Mufflers for guns.

www.eliteiron.com

All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

Not all my guns would get suppressed. Only thing getting suppressed is an AR when I get around to getting one, and that's only cause 9x39 is going to be coming in.

Its not the weight to the barrel that causes the POI shift. If it does its minimal at worst. It's the baffle design. K Baffles are really bad about shifting POI. Straight cones not much at all. Most silencers work by creating turbulence inside the silencer that slows the released gasses by enough to give them time to cool and dissipate slower. Some silencer builders take advantage of that by designing baffles that cause cross shear of the gas stream to disturb airflow. Slows everything down and allows for a smaller silencer but those turbulent flows can push the bullet even before it leaves the silencer.

But how is a no p.o.i shift achieved when it adds weight to the barrel?
Why are you worried about POI shift? If you plan to hunt/shoot with it, put the can on,zero it at the range, wa-la you're ready to go. You can take the can off now, and put it back on, and your POI will still be there. If you want to shoot without can, you must re-zero. Am I missing something?

Why are you worried about POI shift? If you plan to hunt/shoot with it, put the can on,zero it at the range, wa-la you're ready to go. You can take the can off now, and put it back on, and your POI will still be there. If you want to shoot without can, you must re-zero. Am I missing something?
Shoot, not hunt. Its more for transportation, not all my cases will accommodate a rifle with a suppressor.

And the only thing being suppressed is a 9x39 when they start bringing that in, nothing else.

Yeah I think you are missing something. Do I want to run out to the range every time I put my can on?
I guess you could just leave the can on, but then what am I gonna carry my rifle in?
Does the P.O.I. shift remain consistent? Or dose it change every time I put my can on?
I guess I have alot to learn before I put out my hard earned $.

Does the P.O.I. shift remain consistent? Or dose it change every time I put my can on?
I guess I have alot to learn before I put out my hard earned $.
This was what I was wondering.

Having torque specs, or having to index things to a certain point, etc can lead one to not want to take one off at all. None of my bags will fit a rifle with suppressor attached. The one case I have that is meant for ARs (use it for an AUG but I'll use it for a 9x39 AR too) has just enough room for a 16" barrel, that's without a suppressor.

I was thinking the same thing. Recently decided to bite the bullet after shooting my tikka with @v0lcom13sn0w suppressor on it.
Now I don't think I can live without one :confused:

I am taking the plunge also. There always seems to be some excuse why now isn't a good time but like everyone else has mentioned, might as well get it over with. I don't see the $200 stamp going away so the sooner you start the process the sooner you will have your suppressor. Nothing you can do about the wait.

I am taking the plunge also. There always seems to be some excuse why now isn't a good time but like everyone else has mentioned, might as well get it over with. I don't see the $200 stamp going away so the sooner you start the process the sooner you will have your suppressor. Nothing you can do about the wait.

My problem is I know me. Once I have one I will want more!:confused:

I turned in the paper work to get my gun trust started. Should have that by the end of February. As soon as that is done I will order my first can.

That gives me a month to come up with the money to buy the one I want and the tax stamp.

I'll wait to see if the 9x39 stuff comes through before I bother. Its the only thing I'd supress, rather not put the time and money into it if nothing comes of it.

Why? 300 BO is a much better candidate for the suppressed AR platform.
I don't reload. 9x39 is going to be subsonic, and it doesn't look like there's a lot of options for cheap subsonic .300 BLK. This isn't going to be a gun with any serious use, just a fun gun. And if they ever bring in AKs chambered in 9x39, this way I'll already have ammo.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top