JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can manufacture a human being faster than the government can approve a form.

Indeed. Could and have. Several of my NFA filings took longer to approve than the gestation of my wee ones. One was during the pregnancy of my son and the little guy was born before the Form 4 was approved.

As to the original point, yes, I agree the current situation is unmitigated bullplop. However, it hasn't stopped me from stamp collecting. The tax is fairly trivial in today's dollars. The wait times, I'm told, have improved dramatically. That said, my last two stamps took just under a year and well over a year, respectively, so take that with a grain of salt. As I've hit almost all the main points in the NFA collection, I'm holding off on further projects for now. I'm not all that optimistic that the SHARE Act (which includes the HPA language) will pass, but it is so overdue.

Absolutely......as we get older......our biggest regrets are the things we didn't do....not the silly 200.00 for a stamp to own a suppressor. I was reading about a new suppressor that has interchangeable caliber's and only requires one stamp......cool idea but I use my .30 cal quick mount Gentech on ma 5.56 AR's with good results.

If there is one thing I have learned in my humbled life its take advantage of the small things where you can! ;):)

If you had been following it, you'd know that the HPA died in 2015.

The same language was put into the SHARE act, which is quickly flatlining.

You don't want to pay the tax for a suppressor? Fine, lol. Who cares? The market isn't driven by people who don't. It's driven by people who DO.
Not sure what that last comment was about, but I have plenty of stamps in my possession. :rolleyes:

After vegas hillary sent this tweet...

View attachment 426632

a supressor wouldn't have stopped the sonic crack, and even with the sound of gunfire the crowd had no idea what was happening, what to do, or where to go. We know it, anybody with a knowledge in the way sound travels knows it... Hillary herself probably knows it... But she's never been one to let the something as dissmisable for her as the truth get in the way of furthering her agenda.

Sonic crack is hard to track down the source. Its really a local phenomena to the person the bullets are flying around. If you were going to shoot a crowd up when using a silencer you'd best load it up with subsonic 300 BO anyway.

The HPA is political poison. It will never pass. If you are holding off buying a silencer because you don't want to pay the tax get over your bad self. You are missing out on a world of joy with your stubbornness.

U18zKT.jpg

SIG 762Ti on a 300 BO SBR.

Last Edited:
SilencerCo Chimera

The SilencerCo Chimera takes the features of the proven Harvester series of suppressors and combines it with the ruggedness of the SilencerCo Saker suppressors. The Chimera is full-auto-rated and ships with an ASR muzzle brake for quick installation on your rifle. Weighing in at a little more than 20 ounces and with an MSRP of $1030, the Chimera is compatible with everything from .22 WMR on up to .300 Win. Mag.

Now that looks interesting!

New stuff is indeed cool and fun to look at. I jumped off the tax stamp pier some time back, glad I did. If you want a can, don't hesitate, just do it...!! Sure love the ones I have. They make shooting safer and frankly a bit more fun.....:cool:

Sonic crack is hard to track down the source. Its really a local phenomena to the person the bullets are flying around. If you were going to shoot a crowd up when using a silencer you'd best load it up with subsonic 300 BO anyway.

The HPA is political poison. It will never pass. If you are holding off buying a silencer because you don't want to pay the tax get over your bad self. You are missing out on a world of joy with your stubbornness.

What I meant was the cost of new silencer is not cheap. Then you through another $200 on top of it. So there you have roughly $1200 (give or take) and on top of that you get to wait and wait and wait some more. I know this isn't anything new, but you would think with all the new start up companies and established companies getting into the silencer bizz, that there might be enough money to do some lobbying.
After all that's how bills get passed isn't it?
I'm not whining or saying "I'm not gonna buy a can because I refuse to pay the tax". I just think it's time for someone with the resources to kick our reps in the but and move along into the 21st century

Capitalism. Why turn your $1000 buck product into a $100 buck product. The Cans presented at the Shot Show might have been a good example of bait and maneuverer? If Suppressors were removed from the NFA roles would that increase profits BE enough for the Can Makers to lobby for such a $removal$? I do not know. I suspect "NO"

Right now end users are just buying what looks cool and nifty without doing any practical research on their own? Possibly. "One Size Fits All" cans come to mind. Do they work? Probably. Do they work the best? Dunno. Probably not. There are cans and there are cans. What the SEALS use are not the same as what we can find and buy? Yes?

www.eliteiron.com

All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

Last Edited:
Military silencer requirements are not the same as civilian requirements . In order the military wants silencers that...
1. Do not shift P.O.I.
2. Are durable
3. Reduce flash signature
4. Attenuate sound

Civilian users want silencers that

1. Attenuate sound
2. Are durable
3. Do not shift P.O.I.
4. Are affordable.

Its easy to argue that in many cases what the civilian silencer market sells are in many ways superior to the ones the military uses just because the design considerations are different.

I fully agree that silencer companies have no incentive to push for approval of the HPA. They can look at some segments of the European market where they are over the counter or have minimal restrictions and the same style silencers they sell in Europe for $100 sell for $900 here. Hard to maintain staff and R&D and make a good profit when competition drives the price down to a 3% margin.

Last Edited:
I'd think I'd go with durability and not shifting p.o.i above all else... o_O

You aren't the typical silencer buyer. When people do go buying a silencer they are looking at tests on youtube or on silencertalk or one of the other silencer review sites and they talk about sound attenuation above all else. Who's got the best numbers?

You aren't the typical silencer buyer. When people do go buying a silencer they are looking at tests on youtube or on silencertalk or one of the other silencer review sites and they talk about sound attenuation above all else. Who's got the best numbers?

I think no shifting of P.O.I would be at the top of my list. But then how much shift are we talking about? .25 MOA? Any more than that I'd be concerned.

Not a typical buyer in general when it comes to new stuff in general tbh.

I might get a suppressor one day but I'd have to find one where durability and no shifting p.o.i (not sure how this happens though?) are the first two priorities though.

Not a typical buyer in general when it comes to new stuff in general tbh.

I might get a suppressor one day but I'd have to find one where durability and no shifting p.o.i (not sure how this happens though?) are the first two priorities though.

Some baffle designs cause a POI shift. They might work better i.e. make the gun quieter but they can throw the bullet off by an inch or more at 100 yards. If you have a gun that regularly uses the same silencer its not much of an issue and you simply adjust for the shift. As a military user you might qualify and zero without a silencer and switch to it for combat use and it becomes a problem. Sound attenuation is at the bottom of the military's list of desirable features . Most civilian users want a quiet can first and foremost.

SIG 762 or 762TI or 762QD come to mind . Almost no POI shift and theyre built like tanks. If you blow the end off the actual serialized tube section is at the back and the baffle stack is easily replaceable without having to buy another stamp ( Thanks Gemtech ) .

Last Edited:
SIG 762 or 762TI or 762QD come to mind . Almost no POI shift and theyre built like tanks. If you blow the end off the actual serialized tube section is at the back and the baffle stack is easily replaceable without having to buy another stamp ( Thanks Gemtech ) .
So the Sig is a good option if your priority is no shifts in p.o.i?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top