JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like guns locked up at home. I insist on it. I ask my kids friends parents when my kids go over to their houses if there are guns out of the safes. I don't believe I need a gun on me at home and don't carry one.

BUT THIS IS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY.

My own personal gun control.

I don't need to force others into it and I don't need government or dogooders (?) in PDX telling me to do it.

Free people get to decide how they exercise a right or how not to.

Keep out of my business.

1) When our son reached the age at which we trusted him with guns the Repel Boarders pieces were available to all family members for that purpose. I told him if I come home and find out a gun has been fired I want to see the perp's blood or corpse on the floor - do not touch them under any other circumstances. The corollary to this was if he wanted to look at them we would go through the procedure of unloading and check by sight and feel. That way they were not mysterious forbidden fruit. We had no ADs.
2) Mind altering drugs. They can be a godsend for some people. I had issues with depression in the early 90s, which were relieved dramatically by Amitriptyline. It did not make me want to shoot people. On the other hand drugging kids who just can't sit still through the boredom of official indoctrination may well be an aggravating factor in random violence. I do agree that upon commencement of SHTF the people who are on them will experience symptoms of withdrawal, with concomitant sportiness resulting.
3) General comment. The denizens of nearly every Progressive Utopia are too ignorant and biased to be taken seriously. Unfortunately, they vote and breed.

It just dawned on me, if our legislators spent as much time addressing homelessness in this state as they do to trampling the constitution and being obsessed with civilian ownership of guns, we'd have no pop up tent cities and vargrant crimes would be almost non-existent, making downtown Portland OR Salem more appealing places to visit and do business...

There, hows that for a run on sentence...

Whew!!!!

They could spend our money in much better ways to make both Washington and Oregon less of a sh!t hole. Which would be a benefit to everyone that lives in both states.

And When I say Washington and Oregon I mean Seattle, Portland and Salem. :oops:

It just dawned on me, if our legislators spent as much time addressing homelessness in this state as they do to trampling the constitution and being obsessed with civilian ownership of guns, we'd have no pop up tent cities and vargrant crimes would be almost non-existent, making downtown Portland OR Salem more appealing places to visit and do business...

There, hows that for a run on sentence...

Whew!!!!

Homeless are easy to solve: $25, and a bus ticket to somewhere else!! SF comes to mind.

The WW article was misleading (surprise!) when it said they supported a failed ballot initiative that called for safe and locked transport of firearms. The failed initiative called for a whole lot more than that: banning whole categories of guns and basically all semi-automatics and magazines with more than 10 rounds.
Leaving that out makes these people look more "reasonable" (cough) than they really are. These are gun ban people trying yet again to get the thin edge of the wedge inserted...

Huck, there were two ballot measure initiatives. The category banning was a different initiative.
The safe storage initiative was bad as well, but it was not the ban on standard capacity mags (which they termed high capacity), and pistol grips.

The safe storage one bothered me more, because it required someone to be 18 OR supervised by an adult. That means I could not let my kid (at 12 thru 17 years old) sit on a stump with their deer rifle while I walked through a draw to see if I could kick him out a deer. It was just bad all around too.

Huck, there were two ballot measure initiatives. The category banning was a different initiative.
The safe storage initiative was bad as well, but it was not the ban on standard capacity mags (which they termed high capacity), and pistol grips.

The safe storage one bothered me more, because it required someone to be 18 OR supervised by an adult. That means I could not let my kid (at 12 thru 17 years old) sit on a stump with their deer rifle while I walked through a draw to see if I could kick him out a deer. It was just bad all around too.

You are correct. I mis-dis-remembered.

1) "It just dawned on me, if our legislators spent as much time addressing homelessness in this state as they do to trampling the constitution and being obsessed with civilian ownership of guns, we'd have no pop up tent cities and vargrant crimes would be almost non-existent, making downtown Portland OR Salem more appealing places to visit and do business.."
They ARE dealing with homelessness (AKA a tsunami of shambling derelicts known as "Bums") by making "homelessness" a ticket to being supported in a style to which the bums would like to become accustomed. Note that the same people who want your guns also think you are the cause of all Evil, that bums have the right to sh1t in your yard, that bums have the right to demand $ and attack you if you don't come through, and that those who live in derelict RVs have the right to park in front of your home and dump the waste tank in the gutter.
2) Homeless are easy to solve: $25, and a bus ticket to somewhere else!! SF comes to mind.
Yeah, and Santa Monica, Hollywood, etc. Maybe with directions to the homes of various celebrities who think we should be afflicted with reeking vicious derelicts and they should live in a protected enclave.
3) According to the polls, we are in the second year of the Hitlery Klintoon Regime and this is all just a bad dream.

Anyone pushing legislation for mandatory lockup/disabling of firearms should be required to move to a rural area where response time is between hours and "sorry, we don't have a deputy working at this hour".

Admittedly, this is a refreshing departure from the usual "Ban all semi fully-automatic military-grade weapons of mass evil and the children's-blood-on-their-hands organizations that promote them" hysteria! Unfortunately, it won't stop with physical security requirements...

Anyone pushing legislation for mandatory lockup/disabling of firearms should be required to move to a rural area where response time is between hours and "sorry, we don't have a deputy working at this hour".

I respectfully disagree for two reasons: I keep my HD pistol locked in a California DOJ/TSA approved container and can still access it in seconds, and I wouldn't wish those new neighbors on the folks already living in rural America.

I responded to the Williamite Week

"I was not included in the poll. I would not be receptive to the plan. I don't have kids at home or even come to visit, not ever. Why should I lock up the few guns I have for home defense. As said this is just a choreographed survey to get the wanted result. it is as so many say these days, FAKE NEWS"

As a second post here. My above post quoted went into the Williamite Week comments at the bottom of the Ads below the article. Your comments are much more needed there than they are here. Here, most are of a similar mindset. Out there…. Out there is where your voice should be heard. Even a raspy souled post has eloquence.

I'm not too impressed by... "polls".

I could run a poll in Baltimore and Chicago South Side asking:

"Do you think that the government should give you more free stuff? Yes ___ No ___"

Wonder how that poll would turn out? Target audience does tend to have some influence in weighting things.

:rolleyes:

"Anyone pushing legislation for mandatory lockup/disabling of firearms should be required to move to a rural area where response time is between hours and "sorry, we don't have a deputy working at this hour".
They don't live in the bucolic tranquility of rural/semi-rural WA. They live in Seattle, Tacoma, Everett, etc. and believe the Great Outdoors exists so the Birkenstock Brigade can recreate outside of the Urban Cesspool. The Peons who do live there should be removed to the city, where they can be watched and won't interfere with the Tree Huggers.

the only guns that arent in my safe at night are my edc and my wifes edc. that being said, my 4YO knows what to do if he sees a gun when hes over at a friends house(all of our close friends have guns).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top