JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, really?
Such a stupid poll.
When my boys were in school, if someone had asked me if I was concerned about a nut-case with a gun showing up at their school I would have said, "YES". Not exactly a mind-altering trend.
The funny part is this:
"After safe gun storage, parents and teachers surveyed said that gun violence could be reduced through expanded mental health services, increased anti-bullying programs, and limiting entrances to school buildings."
They didn't say gun bans, they didn't say confiscation, and they didn't say assault weapons, 30 caliber clips, bump stocks, shoulder-things that go up, or anything even remotely related to guns (no matter how UNrelated to real guns).

They KNOW that the government has failed them and that arresting the rights of law-abiding citizens isn't the solution. IMHO, there just isn't a legislative solution, this is a societal problem that can only be "fixed" by US.

I don't claim to have an answer, but I know that laws are a prosecution tool, not necessarily a deterrent. And not ever a "fix".
I correlate the use of mind altering drugs such as anti-depressants and Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) with the increase in violence. They are not good for most people, yet they are given out like candy. They are extremely hard to kick once on them and actually make people more likely to have violent outbursts. Drugs are bad...mmmmkay

I correlate the use of mind altering drugs such as anti-depressants and Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) with the increase in violence. They are not good for most people, yet they are given out like candy. They are extremely hard to kick once on them and actually make people more likely to have violent outbursts. Drugs are bad...mmmmkay

I have taken an anti depressant for 15 years. I have still never harmed anyone with any of my firearms!! The problem is morals and decency. "Shall not murder" was taken out of public view and teachings by the Communists/Atheists starting in the 60's. Our society has suffered as a result!!

I have taken an anti depressant for 15 years. I have still never harmed anyone with any of my firearms!! The problem is morals and decency. "Shall not murder" was taken out of public view and teachings by the Communists/Atheists starting in the 60's. Our society has suffered as a result!!
No offense to my brothers and sisters on them. Not trying to stigmatize. I meant to imply that they can cause imbalances in the brain when trying to kick them.

Willamette Week has always been a partisan/biased newspaper.

The thing is, as we all know, there is no such thing as "sensible" gun control: once these people get the legislature to pass the "Safe Storage" Act they will try the AWB again. Or, they will piggyback the AWB onto the "Safe Storage" Act... They want the whole damn enchilada. That is the end goal. That's why it is so important to get out the vote in November and remove Kate Brown.

Students at Oregon high schools in the 1980's had long guns in their vehicles and we never had school shootings. Firearms are not the problem.

This group is screening their anti gun propaganda film at BMCC in Pendleton this Saturday evening. Anyone seen it yet? Anyone want to come help me rebut these nuts?

They're also screening at Portland State on Sep 26. They have advertising heavily on the radio.

Kids used to bring rifles to school in the early 90's also. There was a large group of guys that would go hunting at lunch. No problems, whatsoever until the internet arrived.

No offense to my brothers and sisters on them. Not trying to stigmatize. I meant to imply that they can cause imbalances in the brain when trying to kick them.

If a person has a strong sense of Right and Wrong, even a drug like LSD will not cause them to become murderous or suicidal. It is all just another part of the Communist agenda; divide, demonize, and conquer.

If a person has a strong sense of Right and Wrong, even a drug like LSD will not cause them to become murderous or suicidal. It is all just another part of the Communist agenda; divide, demonize, and conquer.
Wholeheartedly agree. I wasn't saying that every single person on these meds will cause violence, but it does make those that already have murderous or suicidal ideations or tendencies, more likely to do so. I'm not trying to demonize anyone, just stating my opinion based on evidence of meds gone wrong. I think you're on to something as far as having a better sense of right or wrong. Once again, sorry if I offended.

I trust parents to make their own choices about gun storage, but...

Kids in the home? All guns should be locked up, except the one on the hip.

100% locked, 0% access without mom or dad watching.

That's how I would do it IF we had kids. But most likely not because I didn't trust my kids, as I would like to think that they would be completely responsible and trustworthy around firearms through shooting safety and education. Mostly because I wouldn't want their friends to have access.

Yep and as responsible gun owners I am sure that most of us do this. What I don't need is the government telling me to do so. My dad raised me right.

Wholeheartedly agree. I wasn't saying that every single person on these meds will cause violence, but it does make those that already have murderous or suicidal ideations or tendencies, more likely to do so. I'm not trying to demonize anyone, just stating my opinion based on evidence of meds gone wrong. I think you're on to something as far as having a better sense of right or wrong. Once again, sorry if I offended.

Not easily offended, but thank you. The point is, we are suffering from a malady that has been generations in the making. We have a society where white males are being castigated for both their whiteness, and their maleness. At the same time, our schools are evidently promoting "gender confusion". It is no wonder we have some sick, white males. The Communist Left has been successful in removing many aspects of a "moral compass".

I am not a particularly religious person, but I believe we had a better society when the Ten Commandments were part of our society and our teachings. We need to go back to some kind of moral compass, regardless of where it originates.

MA, and CT have passed legislation similar to what we faced with IP43. So far, I believe the compliance is less than 5%. The guns are still out there. Legislation will not correct lack of moral values.

But, the easy thing to do is blame guns, gun owners that have harmed no one, and the NRA. Just as with the "safe storage" BS. Criminalize the victim of property theft, yet excuse the actual criminal.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top