JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No mention if these to were allowed to own a fire arm? They ALWAYS say in the articles that they weren't allowed to own guns. Maybe they were clean? Were.

I guess I've been missing the articles of untrained people rushing to buy guns and then getting in the news? care to direct me to some of those articles? We musta been lucky in this house! We got to buying guns without training and haven't shot anybody/anything we shouldn't.
Mike, the subject occupied maybe a couple hundred posts here earlier in the year....

451: Unavailable

The page you are attempting to access is not available in your country.

And.....................

Your Choices Regarding Cookies

We and third parties may deploy cookies and similar technologies when you use our site. Please review the information below and select the cookies that you want to enable. You can continue to the site without accepting these cookies but certain features may not be available or function properly.

Editorial, Functionality and Social Media Cookies

We use third-party services for commenting, videos, and embedding posts as part of our news coverage. The providers of these cookies may use the data as explained in their privacy policies.

Performance, Content Recommendation and Personalization Cookies

We use our own and third-party services to provide content recommendations and customize your user experience and advertising. The providers of these cookies may use the data as explained in their privacy policies.

Analytics

We use cookies to analyze and measure traffic to the site so that we know our audience, what stories are read, where visitors come from, and how long they stay. You can opt out of these analytics cookies by unselecting the boxes below.
Privacy Notice

I'll take your word for it......................:cool:

451: Unavailable

The page you are attempting to access is not available in your country.

And.....................

Your Choices Regarding Cookies

We and third parties may deploy cookies and similar technologies when you use our site. Please review the information below and select the cookies that you want to enable. You can continue to the site without accepting these cookies but certain features may not be available or function properly.

Editorial, Functionality and Social Media Cookies

We use third-party services for commenting, videos, and embedding posts as part of our news coverage. The providers of these cookies may use the data as explained in their privacy policies.

Performance, Content Recommendation and Personalization Cookies

We use our own and third-party services to provide content recommendations and customize your user experience and advertising. The providers of these cookies may use the data as explained in their privacy policies.

Analytics

We use cookies to analyze and measure traffic to the site so that we know our audience, what stories are read, where visitors come from, and how long they stay. You can opt out of these analytics cookies by unselecting the boxes below.
Privacy Notice

I'll take your word for it......................:cool:
Use Express VPN and those problems will disappear

Would be interesting to find out if this is another example of untrained people that have rushed out to buy a gun without the faintest idea of what to do with it. :s0092:
How much "training" does one need to know a firearm is a deadly device and should not be left accessible to a two-year-old? Most people with two brain cells to rub together realize you don't leave stuff like chain saws, Drano, straight razors and guns laying around with little kids running about whether they ever owned them or not.

Wasn't that the woman who tried to stop a shoplifter at Home Depot a few yrs ago?
That dingbat didn't do any of us any favors in the PR department.
I'd say it's possible there were two different, but similar, stories like that. :oops:
Mike, the subject occupied maybe a couple hundred posts here earlier in the year....
I must have missed the stories/articles of "New Gun Owner Makes Stupid Mistake".

Some of those threads that go 13 pages in 12 hours I don't bother reading the whole things usually.

I must have missed the stories/articles of "New Gun Owner Makes Stupid Mistake".

Some of those threads that go 13 pages in 12 hours I don't bother reading the whole things usually.
That's usually where those stories reside.
A lot of people pile on with their opinions.
Makes for some pretty fun readin', if'n ya got the time...

Thinking a toddler could probably hold something like a .380 LCP. But activate even a very light trigger? Agree, unlikely. . . .
. . . . As to the two year old with a semi auto. unless it was a very small pistol I have a hard time seeing how the child could support the pistol and pull the trigger not that its not possible.
. . . . Luckily it is highly unlikely a 2-y.o. has the strength to even accidentally activate the trigger. . . . .
Sadly untrue that a 2 year old is incapable of firing a handgun; if true, then the 29 year-old mom in this story would still be alive. From other reporting at the time, the handgun involved was hardly so small as an LCP; it was a gen 1 Shield 9mm w/o a thumb safety.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top