JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would be interesting to find out if this is another example of untrained people that have rushed out to buy a gun without the faintest idea of what to do with it. :s0092:
I think it's a case of dope dealers/users with no regard for anyone's safety.

The article said:
Both were charged with criminal possession of a firearm, risk of injury to a minor, negligent storage of a firearm, interfering with a search warrant, first-degree reckless endangerment, three counts of possession of a controlled substance and possession of both controlled and narcotic substances with intent to sell, Shumway said.

Why we can't have nice things. Sigh.

Luckily it is highly unlikely a 2-y.o. has the strength to even accidentally activate the trigger.

But. The burthing person was released on a "promise to appear." We can assume it's long gone. Wonder if it's once again in criminal possession of a firearm. And this is all the gun's fault anyway. Lying there on the bed... tempting those little fingers...

Last Edited:
No mention if these to were allowed to own a fire arm? They ALWAYS say in the articles that they weren't allowed to own guns. Maybe they were clean? Were.

Would be interesting to find out if this is another example of untrained people that have rushed out to buy a gun without the faintest idea of what to do with it. :s0092:
I guess I've been missing the articles of untrained people rushing to buy guns and then getting in the news? care to direct me to some of those articles? We musta been lucky in this house! We got to buying guns without training and haven't shot anybody/anything we shouldn't.

A bunch of cops were at the house at 5am the charges include a 1/2 dozen things that have nothing to do with a firearm. These were criminals being served a warrant.

As to the two year old with a semi auto. unless it was a very small pistol I have a hard time seeing how the child could support the pistol and pull the trigger not that its not possible.

A bunch of cops were at the house at 5am the charges include a 1/2 dozen things that have nothing to do with a firearm. These were criminals being served a warrant.

As to the two year old with a semi auto. unless it was a very small pistol I have a hard time seeing how the child could support the pistol and pull the trigger not that its not possible.
Thinking a toddler could probably hold something like a .380 LCP. But activate even a very light trigger? Agree, unlikely.

Would be interesting to find out if this is another example of, "untrained people" that have rushed out to buy a gun without the faintest idea of what to do with it.

Sorry Mikej. Let me rephrase that to, "Paranoid Snow Flakes".
We were all, "Untrained" at one time. ::)

* I missed the part about the drug charges.

Would be interesting to find out if this is another example of, "untrained people" that have rushed out to buy a gun without the faintest idea of what to do with it.

Sorry Mikej. Let me rephrase that to, "Paranoid Snow Flakes".
We were all, "Untrained" at one time. ::)

* I missed the part about the drug charges.
That's okay! If there are (fresh) stories out there of the untrained doing stoopid bubblegum I'd like to know about it. We know that in the past there's been some pretty dumb stuff done by gun owners that should have known better! Off the top of my head, a guy that tries to "Shoot the tire out" of some thief's car as he was trying to escape? He had a CCP. o_O

The cops don't look great in this story either. Guns and babies left unattended. Was it Starsky or Hutch that got lasered?
Interesting. Did you take away (from the story) that the coppers left the gun on the bed? Like maybe they found it in a search and just left it there?
I didn't get that, but now it kind of makes sense.
If the cops found it, they would have unloaded/cleared it, but it seems like it should have gone into an evidence bag, not tossed onto a bed, right...?
Now I'm corfused.

Sad but true. Gangbanger in the making.
Anybody here got Facebook? I'd bet an ice cold beer and a hunk of delicious tri-tip that Wanesha is on FB gushing over her Lil Ganksta right NOW.

Cold beer is ready now. Beef will be coming off the smoker around 4.

No mention if these to were allowed to own a fire arm? They ALWAYS say in the articles that they weren't allowed to own guns. Maybe they were clean? Were.
Mike:
The first article noted, as @Flopsweat pointed out (Post #6), that the pair were charged with criminal possession of a firearm (among many other charges).

From the first article in the OP:

Both were charged with criminal possession of a firearm, risk of injury to a minor, negligent storage of a firearm, interfering with a search warrant, first-degree reckless endangerment, three counts of possession of a controlled substance and possession of both controlled and narcotic substances with intent to sell, Shumway said.

I would interpret "criminal possession of a firearm" to mean that they were not allowed by law to be in possession of a firearm.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top