JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New national alliance for armed citizens announced: ACA

A new alliance of industry and armed citizens has been announced with the goal of providing ordinary gun owners the opportunity to “practice, train and become familiar with the use of concealed carry handguns and other personal defense firearms.”

<broken link removed>

Now this sounds like something I might be interested in. When I was a memeber at Tri-County, I would have liked to use the action pits from time to time to practice with my concealed carry firearms, but at that time, not only did you have to go thru orientation training training (which I didn't object to), you also need to compete in matches (which I did object to). I don't remember how many matches you had to compete in, but I just had no interest in it. Ultimately, it was why I left Tri-County and became a member of Douglas Ridge Rifle Club.

I just want to be able to practice with my concealed carry guns at realistic self defense ranges. The closest target for you at Tri-County if you weren't able to use the action pits was 25 yds. Not a very realistic self defense range in the majority of cases.

Thanks for posting this Dave!

Not happy about giving my address or using anti gun PAYPAL............... SO DID NOT SIGN UP. And no where did i see a cost...(may have missed it)

How amusing.

They cited The High Road as an example of etiquette.

I had a discussion there, in public, with one of their moderators, Art Eatman.

Eatman used, and then defended the racist term "wetback".

The High Road may be many things, but a good example of etiquette or manners it is not.

At least, not if you're not one of them.

P.S. (Our board replaced the word Eatman used with "bubblegum". I'm reassured. PM me if you need to know the word.)

Last Edited:
How amusing.

They cited The High Road as an example of etiquette.

I had a discussion there, in public, with one of their moderators, Art Eatman.

Eatman used, and then defended the racist term "wetback".

The High Road may be many things, but a good example of etiquette or manners it is not.

At least, not if you're not one of them.

P.S. (Our board replaced the word Eatman used with "bubblegum". I'm reassured. PM me if you need to know the word.)

Well, NO...it was "I" as in "ME" who alluded to THR in the column, not the ACA.
Don't be bashing those guys over something Art said. As here, most of those folks are fairly polite and when they debate, I'd say most of them put some thought into it before hitting the "send" button.

;)

Sounds like a good start. I will be keeping my eye on this and see where it goes. I will post this link in the 1911 forum where I live. :)
Dave- Tattoo- 69Charger

Hey, at least THR is pretty consistent. The Firearms Forum has a section called "Politically Incorrect, Fire & Forget". I posted that the thread was more entertaining than anything on TV and got booted as a "Troll". Those moderators are jerks. I've never had any issues at THR, ever.

Why do I get the feeling that I could start my own ACA-type organization, charge membership dues, not really DO anything, and retire with a dump truck load of other people's money?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top