Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NEW! "Armed Citizen Alliance" formed

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Dave Workman, May 4, 2012.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Now this sounds like something I might be interested in. When I was a memeber at Tri-County, I would have liked to use the action pits from time to time to practice with my concealed carry firearms, but at that time, not only did you have to go thru orientation training training (which I didn't object to), you also need to compete in matches (which I did object to). I don't remember how many matches you had to compete in, but I just had no interest in it. Ultimately, it was why I left Tri-County and became a member of Douglas Ridge Rifle Club.

I just want to be able to practice with my concealed carry guns at realistic self defense ranges. The closest target for you at Tri-County if you weren't able to use the action pits was 25 yds. Not a very realistic self defense range in the majority of cases.

Thanks for posting this Dave!

3. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

Not happy about giving my address or using anti gun PAYPAL............... SO DID NOT SIGN UP. And no where did i see a cost...(may have missed it)

4. Jammer Six

Jammer Six North Greenlake, Seattle New Member

How amusing.

They cited The High Road as an example of etiquette.

I had a discussion there, in public, with one of their moderators, Art Eatman.

Eatman used, and then defended the racist term "wetback".

The High Road may be many things, but a good example of etiquette or manners it is not.

At least, not if you're not one of them.

P.S. (Our board replaced the word Eatman used with "bubblegum". I'm reassured. PM me if you need to know the word.)

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  5. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

6. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I like.

7. Dave Workman

$25 You've got to click over to their page

8. Dave Workman

Well, NO...it was "I" as in "ME" who alluded to THR in the column, not the ACA.
    Don't be bashing those guys over something Art said. As here, most of those folks are fairly polite and when they debate, I'd say most of them put some thought into it before hitting the "send" button.

;)

9. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

Sounds like a good start. I will be keeping my eye on this and see where it goes. I will post this link in the 1911 forum where I live. :)
    Dave- Tattoo- 69Charger

10. Dave Workman

Keeping your eye on this?
    What does that mean?

11. Jammer Six

Jammer Six North Greenlake, Seattle New Member

The reason I was bashing THR and "those guys" is because Eatman was a moderator at the time, and was speaking as a moderator.

12. OcelotZ3

OcelotZ3 Corvallis Active Member

Hey, at least THR is pretty consistent. The Firearms Forum has a section called "Politically Incorrect, Fire & Forget". I posted that the thread was more entertaining than anything on TV and got booted as a "Troll". Those moderators are jerks. I've never had any issues at THR, ever.

13. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

This looks like a good deal. Like to see which gun clubs in Oregon will be affiliated with the ACA.

14. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Why do I get the feeling that I could start my own ACA-type organization, charge membership dues, not really DO anything, and retire with a dump truck load of other people's money?

pokerace, erudne, asiparks and 3 others like this.