JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend in California has a couple of pistols I'd like to purchase.
We are both going to the Reno Gun Show & I wondered if we can do an FFL transfer there?

Is there a provision for contiguous state transfers?
Background check & FFL fees usually paid by whom?
Discount for multi-gun purchase?

Thanks,
John

FFL transfer for a pistol has to be done in your home state. He could have them shipped to the FFL of your choice. As for fees and multi gun discounts, that's up to the FFL you choose. And to who pays for them, you can work that out with your buddy, but my experience is that it's the buyer that eats those costs.

Tigard Pawn 4 More does transfers with the BGC for $25 for the first gun, $15 for each additional if done at the same time.

If you can get a dealer to ship them for you, it will save you a lot of money. Otherwise, you have to ship UPS or FedEx overnight to the tune of $80.

Wasn't there just some sort of Federal court ruling on this. Making it unconstitutional to disallow purchase of handgun in another state?

Yes the ban on interstate transfer was ruled unconstitutional last month: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...d-unconstitutional.190237/page-2#post-1223186 And there was a new ruling on it as well: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...-handgun-transfer-ruling.191900/#post-1232642 That prevented a 'stay' in that ruling from putting the brakes on it.

I'm in the camp that thinks this isn't over yet. I suspect more challenges in the courts. Some disagree with that position. It's a personal call, if you want to do it, the law appears to say you can. I don't like the idea of being an early adopter/test case myself. I'm willing to wait a while to make sure this isn't going to get somehow, some way, slapped back down again. I will say it will probably be a while before any store/FFL is going to be willing to sell across state lines, at least until they have some assurance that there won't be other repercussions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top