JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a ton of Ken Burns on Netflix, so don't forget!

A lot of good shows listed so far, so I will second a lot of it.

I have Hulu, Netflix, and Funimation... watched everything I wanted to on HBO, except GOT, so I cancelled. Hulu might be next to go!

BTW, @Kruejl your PS4 plays CDs, DVDs and BlueRay... if you get the PS4 Pro it will even play 4K... can't say you don't have something when you have them all in one!
If you have the Pro, I'm debating if it is worth it. I have a 4K TV, but i'm not so impressed yet.

Huh, good point! I never even thought about that! :p

Also, if you have Comcast, like I do, you must be aware of their constant connection issues. Seems like we get a slight breeze and my connection dies.

I do, and mine is pretty solid actually. Consistently get 200-250mb download speed. Once in a while I do have to reset my modem. :rolleyes:

Also, if you have Comcast, like I do, you must be aware of their constant connection issues. Seems like we get a slight breeze and my connection dies.

Not to derail but:

Having worked in the cable industry, here's what I recommend.
Add their line maintenance for $5 a mo so service calls are free.
Whenever its slow or totally down, open up the command prompt in windows and ping Google.com then screen shot the packet loss. Do this everytime.
When you call tech support to schedule a tech make sure you tell them to note "intermittent issues" and your have print reports.
Shiw the techs who come out the ping test. If you have techs roll out at least 3 times and it's not fixed, file complaint with the attorney general and the state utility commission.

I went though this 2 years ago. Comcast regional rep emailed me in 2 days. Six comcast trucks rolled out to my neighborhood. Found a faulty tap at the street that services then entire neighborhood.
All is well now.

I do, and mine is pretty solid actually. Consistently get 200-250mb download speed. Once in a while I do have to reset my modem. :rolleyes:
Mine usually stays in the 120mb to 200mb range, which isn't too bad since I only pay for 150mb.
I just don't like to reset my modem once a month, or their problems at the servers which seem to every time a storm rolls around. ;)

Edit: just tested 199/12... seems pretty good. Hopefully EA isn't down. I want to storm some trenches at Passchendale!

Last Edited:
Not to derail but:

Whenever its slow or totally down, open up the command prompt in windows and ping Google.com then screen shot the packet loss. Do this everytime.
When you call tech support to schedule a tech make sure you tell them to note "intermittent issues" and your have print reports.
Shiw the techs who come out the ping test. If you have techs roll out at least 3 times and it's not fixed, file complaint with the attorney general and the state utility commission.

I went though this 2 years ago. Comcast regional rep emailed me in 2 days. Six comcast trucks rolled out to my neighborhood. Found a faulty tap at the street that services then entire neighborhood.
All is well now.
That's good advice!

PS: we're on topic as Comcast is also a cable provider, and reliability of service makes or breaks streaming shows. Unless we were only talking about Netflix, which was never answered.

Last Edited:
Sorry to burst your bubble folks, because I like Netflix too, but I'm afraid you guys, knowing how you are, will have a reason to dump Netflix down the road. And here it is:

Former President Barack Obama is in advanced negotiations with Netflix to produce a series of high-profile shows that will provide him a global platform after his departure from the White House, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Under terms of a proposed deal, which is not yet final, Netflix would pay Mr. Obama and his wife, Michelle, for exclusive content that would be available only on the streaming service, which has nearly 118 million subscribers around the world. The number of episodes and the formats for the shows have not been decided.

In other words, Netflix is going to pay the Obama's to help spread their globalist, extreme leftist views. Netflix will be paying THEM to do this. And your $$ will help fund it.

Link to the article: Obama in Talks to Provide Shows for Netflix

Not to derail but:

All is well now.

Every month a Comcast service employee drives out to SW Portland and looks up at a power pole right in front of my mom's house and stands there taking pictures of a 6' length of coaxial cable hanging loose and blowing around in the wind. (She's got fiber-optic cable now)
After looking at it, he takes a few pictures and then plays with his smart phone for a bit and then drives away.
I was getting mail yesterday and the guy shows up and goes through his routine, so I asked him what he was doing and he told me that a repair ticket was issued for the loose wire and the subcontractor who is responsible for the repair is billing Comcast for the completed repair work.
His job is to verify that the work was performed and since it hasn't been he's rescheduling the work order.
He's been doing this for over a year.
I told him that I would grab a 24' fiberglass ladder and roll up the loose wire and zip tie it to the main cable, but he declined my offer.
This is his job, 5 days a week, 8 hours a day.

I'm on auto pay so I'm not gonna run to cancel either (Over Obama ) but if you have not noticed the Far Left & Left digs and slants comin out of Hollywood & the MSM and the Zeitgeist in Pop Culture against even Middle Left Ideals try lookin harder ...

I notice all the digs from all parts of culture. But I don't cut myself off from culture because feels over reals, as the Right likes to say.

I notice all the digs from all parts of culture. But I don't cut myself off from culture because feels over reals, as the Right likes to say.
There is no "Far Right" in mainstream American Politics anymore and the same goes for Pop Culture (Far Right is the Bad Guys in every other Feature or Show ) its trendy to malign anything considered Middle Left or Middle Right if you happen to see that espoused anywhere these days ...

There is no "Far Right" in mainstream American Politics anymore and the same goes for Pop Culture (Far Right is the Bad Guys in every other Feature or Show ) its trendy to malign anything considered Middle Left or Middle Right if you happen to see that espoused anywhere these days ...

If you see that in every tv show you watch then stop watching tv. I don't watch Portlandia because they make fun of far left eco weirdo transsexuals because theyre far left eco weirdo transsexuals. I don't watch Portlandia because in my opinion its stupid television. Same reason I don't watch The Big Bang Theory or any other show like that.

I don't sit there and ruminate how a scripted tv show is besmirching my political agenda.

If you see that in every tv show you watch then stop watching tv. I don't watch Portlandia because they make fun of far left eco weirdo transsexuals because theyre far left eco weirdo transsexuals. I don't watch Portlandia because in my opinion its stupid television. Same reason I don't watch The Big Bang Theory or any other show like that.

I don't sit there and ruminate how a scripted tv show is besmirching my political agenda.
Besmirching America and advocating balkanization by making Americans the bane of the World is hurting more than a groups Political agenda ...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top