JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a sample of stuff I liked on Netflix I also binge watch PragerU on youtube.

Black Mirror. All but the last season were good
Snatch
Bloodline
Ozark
Better Call Saul
Wind River
Inglourious Bastards
Marco Polo
Longmire
Tucker and Dale vs Evil
Five Came Back
Hell On Wheels
The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs
The Cobbler
Burn After Reading
Jericho

Train to Busan, also Korean zombie film except modern.
Altered Carbon, if you like dystopian futures and film noir. (Blade Runner)
Breakheart Pass
The Wild Bunch
Fistful of Dollars and A Few Dollars More
Siege of Jadotville, awesome shot with a bren gun in that film.

Screenshot_20190821-024331_Gallery.jpg

"The Lives of Others"(German with subtitles)

An East German security operative does surveillance on a playwright. He discovers that Communism is not as good as he originally thought.

Thanks everyone for the excellent recommendations!

I'm slowly looking at all I've not yet seen.

Yesterday, I started "Altered Carbon" didn't understand the first 15 minutes, then I caught on - Great Stuff!

P.S. Until now, I'd never heard of a 'Smart Television', but since I don't have a smart phone maybe that explains it...? Of course, the most tech tools I own are axes, malls oh yeah, and chain saws are about as techy as I get. (which I did without until a few years back, I preferred bow saws...not as noisy...)

I wouldn't have the internet if not for my wife...and she often has to help me with it like I'm a toddler - actually with all things tech I am a toddler...

Thanks again!!

Love all of Kens stuff. The War was my favorite. I bought a set of the disc's for that to loan out. Every time I can get one of the younger guys I work with to do so I loan them the discs to watch. It should be required for school kids to see it every couple years. Of course never will happen. The stories brought back some memories of when I was a kid and now and then some adult who lived it would talk about it. Most would not but, now and then one would if primed. Knew one guy who was on one of the Battle ships in the harbor during the attack. He was a 17 YO hayseed who lied to get in since he had quit school when he was a teen to work. When he finally started to talk about it amazing. Same with another old guy who while drinking one day pulled out his silver and Bronze stars and the paper work with them from the next big conflict and showed it to me. Only because his girlfriend talked him into it. I had known the guy forever and had no idea what a badass he was when he was a kid. Thank God we will never have to fight like that again. The generation we have raised now would never be able to do it.

The Veterans History Project collects, preserves, and makes accessible the personal accounts of American veterans for future generations

How to Participate in the Project (Veterans History Project, American Folklife Center, Library of Congess)

It gives some guidelines and structure to recording the narrative of events. I wish this was around when my father was alive. As a kid I never thought about dates and sequence of events so I could have asked questions that would tie things together as more than an occasional story or mention of places and people.

Researching Smart Television, but have yet to read if there are any down sides to them?

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Have a couple of them and if there is a downside I have yet to see it. Main upside is they do stuff you used to need another adapter of some kind to do. Such as stream. In the smart TV that's built in. Now have not bought a set for a few years so don't know what the price difference is. On main TV we use a laptop for movies I get on disc, copy, then watch at my leisure. This TV can stream on it's own but I added a Roku as it was better. It cost $30. So if we were looking for a new set and the "smart version" was say $100 more? I would not bother. So do you wish to stream? If so the smart version will let you do this on the TV with no added help but, the devices to do this on the TV are numerous now. So as far as I know just have to look at how much more the smart version is.

Researching Smart Television, but have yet to read if there are any down sides to them?

Anyone know?

Thanks!
Most of the new name brands will be smart TVs and 4k isn't all that expensive anymore. Especially on last year's models. My Samsung is easy enough for my 2yr old to work. It gives you the ability to stream from multiple sources too (Netflix, hulu, YouTube, googleplay); including VUDU, which has thousands of titles to stream for FREE with ads. Cut the cable a few years ago and never looked back.

While I don't like a LOT of what Net-Flix does, I don't like what Comcast does either. So I just live with it. The Odumbo show? It was to be expected. I will be interested to see if it actually pays off for them. If nothing is ever mentioned of how it does money wise? That would be a first clue that they took a bath with it. Even many of the shows I like a lot they put out have heavy slant to one side. I have learned to just roll with it.
As for streaming any Smart TV will do it. When we cut Cable off I took the full version of Hulu. Was at first just using an old laptop. Bought a Roku that was $30 that works amazingly well for the cost. Will let us stream Net-Flix, Hulu, Amazon, the works with one simple remote. Have really liked the full version of Hulu compared to the old cable for simple ease of use.

Alexx and group, I wanted to say something about all the good shows that can be streamed over the internet now days. It allows for much better and focused viewing of just what a person wants to watch (as apposed to cable "packages") and cable subscriptions have gone downhill because of it. They now are trying to fight back by whatever means they can to try to slow or stop this trend. In my case, we have had cable internet a long time and have twice paid extra to up the band width so our streaming goes smoothly without hesitations or drop outs. At one point we figured we could get a better deal from them if we took a combined package of internet and a cable show package but almost never watched anything on cable, mostly still streaming our own choices of shows. When that special offer ran out we decided to go back to cable internet only. I surmise now that the special package was originally offered to entice people off the unlimited internet package deal! Now if they offer a unlimited internet package at all, it is at a much much higher price! Also Exfinity (formerly Comcast) has recently sent us a warning letter that they may have to charge us more if our total download usage (mostly streaming) does not stay within their "limits", whatever that means. That's when I found out we no longer have our former unlimited package and the goal is to charge higher and higher prices! I should have said at the start of this diatribe, we live in a very rural area and cable is the only way we can get high speed internet.Always gotta read that damn fine print!

Alexx and group, I wanted to say something about all the good shows that can be streamed over the internet now days. It allows for much better and focused viewing of just what a person wants to watch (as apposed to cable "packages") and cable subscriptions have gone downhill because of it. They now are trying to fight back by whatever means they can to try to slow or stop this trend. In my case, we have had cable internet a long time and have twice paid extra to up the band width so our streaming goes smoothly without hesitations or drop outs. At one point we figured we could get a better deal from them if we took a combined package of internet and a cable show package but almost never watched anything on cable, mostly still streaming our own choices of shows. When that special offer ran out we decided to go back to cable internet only. I surmise now that the special package was originally offered to entice people off the unlimited internet package deal! Now if they offer a unlimited internet package at all, it is at a much much higher price! Also Exfinity (formerly Comcast) has recently sent us a warning letter that they may have to charge us more if our total download usage (mostly streaming) does not stay within their "limits", whatever that means. That's when I found out we no longer have our former unlimited package and the goal is to charge higher and higher prices! I should have said at the start of this diatribe, we live in a very rural area and cable is the only way we can get high speed internet.Always gotta read that damn fine print!

Xfinity is Comcast for the billing. If you look at your Comcast account online you should be able to see your monthly usage. If you don't see it search, they make it easy to see now here so it should be that way everywhere. Streaming in full HD does use a lot of bandwidth. If you see you're going over first check your wireless router and make sure all the devices using it are yours. If you see something you do not recognize you may be letting some neighbor feed off yours. If that happens change the password and then check now and then to make sure there are no devices you do not use on there. If it's still going over the limit you really have no choice but to watch less or bump to the next level. There is a nice program you can buy to make a copy of DVD's so you can watch them later. DVD Fab. With that you can rent DVD's, make a copy to watch at your leisure. That will limit some of the streaming. Sadly many places only really have one Broadband choice so you are at their mercy. They have HD over the air now but many places don't have access to it even with better antenna's sadly.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top