JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not movies per se, but Mrs. Teflon and I really enjoyed Season 1 of Mindhunter on Netflix. We were happy to stumble over Season 2 the other day. Trying to pace ourselves and do just 2 at a time.

Last Edited:
Stranger things
Frontier
Knightfall
Altered Carbon
Latly I been watching the Ken Burns Docs on there. The Civil War, Proabition, Dustbowl, The War, the one on Vietnam.and the one on the Roosevelts.
We really need to figure out how to resurrect Teddy IMHO ;)

Not movies per se, but Mrs. Teflon and I really enjoyed Season 1 of Mindhunter. We were happy to stumble over Season 2 the other day. Trying to place ourselves and do just 2 at a time.

Same here. My wife goes around and checks all the exterior doors after watching an episode late at night.

Same here. My wife goes around and checks all the exterior doors after watching an episode late at night.
I don't know how closely Mindhunter adheres to the true story, but I recently saw an interview of the actual agent describing how Ed Kemper manipulated a painful neck cramp for him. Holy Crap!

That's like letting Lorena Bobbit... oh, never mind.

Last Edited:
Not movies per se, but Mrs. Teflon and I really enjoyed Season 1 of Mindhunter on Netflix. We were happy to stumble over Season 2 the other day. Trying to pace ourselves and do just 2 at a time.
Ditto, for those of us who grew up in that time period they did one hell of a good job on that show. I had no idea the second season had come out till I ran across it a couple days ago. As soon as I started I had to binge watch the second one.

Stranger things
Frontier
Knightfall
Altered Carbon
Latly I been watching the Ken Burns Docs on there. The Civil War, Proabition, Dustbowl, The War, the one on Vietnam.and the one on the Roosevelts.
We really need to figure out how to resurrect Teddy IMHO ;)

Love all of Kens stuff. The War was my favorite. I bought a set of the disc's for that to loan out. Every time I can get one of the younger guys I work with to do so I loan them the discs to watch. It should be required for school kids to see it every couple years. Of course never will happen. The stories brought back some memories of when I was a kid and now and then some adult who lived it would talk about it. Most would not but, now and then one would if primed. Knew one guy who was on one of the Battle ships in the harbor during the attack. He was a 17 YO hayseed who lied to get in since he had quit school when he was a teen to work. When he finally started to talk about it amazing. Same with another old guy who while drinking one day pulled out his silver and Bronze stars and the paper work with them from the next big conflict and showed it to me. Only because his girlfriend talked him into it. I had known the guy forever and had no idea what a badass he was when he was a kid. Thank God we will never have to fight like that again. The generation we have raised now would never be able to do it.

"The 100" is a good series if you like SciFi!!!
Spectral - suprisingly good SciFi/Action/War filmed in Croatia or somesuch
The Book of Eli
Get Smart
Hemlock Grove - an engaging vampire and werewolf team up series
Ozark - good series about a family hiding from mafia type payback
Backcountry
Panic Room - if you can stand Jodie Foster
Sherlock Holmes - if you can stand Robert Downey Jr.
Indiana Jones - yup, revisit this oldie!
Swordfish - if you can stand John Revolta
Platoon - a classic
Penny Dreadful - a series with classic monsters Frankenstein, Dracula, etc
AEon Flux - hey, any movie with Charlize Theron
Batman Begins
Black Hawk Down - worth revisiting
Gran Torino - Clint Eastwood drama
Tears of the Sun - a gritty movie starring Bruce Willis

The Barack and Michael show... Wait, I thought we were all supposed to cancel our subscriptions!!! I did. And wound up going back when HULU cancelled streaming service to Bluray players. I'm so weak!

The Barack and Michael show... Wait, I thought we were all supposed to cancel our subscriptions!!! I did. And wound up going back when HULU cancelled streaming service to Bluray players. I'm so weak!
While I don't like a LOT of what Net-Flix does, I don't like what Comcast does either. So I just live with it. The Odumbo show? It was to be expected. I will be interested to see if it actually pays off for them. If nothing is ever mentioned of how it does money wise? That would be a first clue that they took a bath with it. Even many of the shows I like a lot they put out have heavy slant to one side. I have learned to just roll with it.
As for streaming any Smart TV will do it. When we cut Cable off I took the full version of Hulu. Was at first just using an old laptop. Bought a Roku that was $30 that works amazingly well for the cost. Will let us stream Net-Flix, Hulu, Amazon, the works with one simple remote. Have really liked the full version of Hulu compared to the old cable for simple ease of use.

While I don't like a LOT of what Net-Flix does, I don't like what Comcast does either. So I just live with it. The Odumbo show? It was to be expected. I will be interested to see if it actually pays off for them. If nothing is ever mentioned of how it does money wise? That would be a first clue that they took a bath with it. Even many of the shows I like a lot they put out have heavy slant to one side. I have learned to just roll with it.
As for streaming any Smart TV will do it. When we cut Cable off I took the full version of Hulu. Was at first just using an old laptop. Bought a Roku that was $30 that works amazingly well for the cost. Will let us stream Net-Flix, Hulu, Amazon, the works with one simple remote. Have really liked the full version of Hulu compared to the old cable for simple ease of use.

My TV is not smart enough.

When HULU cut off BD players, I refused to go out and buy a new TV or a new setbox just to have HULU. However, I like YouTube (example of living with it) and it often crashes my BD player... so I'm thinking seriously of buying a Roku. Probably will keep it to one of the simple units as long as it supports 1040 resolution. (or 1020... whatever it is)

Re Netflix content.... I don't watch the shows from the producers I hate, the directors I hate, or the actors I hate. For instance, Netflix does a lot of Marvel based shows and those people are pretty leftist. Ugh. I used to like X-Men but Picard is a huge leftist. I know most of the celebs are lefties, but the outspoken and the outrageous ones like the Charmed babe, I just won't watch.

At least I still have choice. In the dream utopia that leftists are creating, we will not have choice.... we do as we are told, take our Soma, or we will be disappeared in the middle of the night!

Last Edited:
My TV is not smart enough.

When HULU cut of BD players, I refused to go out and buy a new TV or a new setbox just to have HULU. However, I like YouTube (example of living with it) and it often crashes my BD player... so I'm thinking seriously of buying a Roku. Probably will keep it to one of the simple units as long as it supports 1040 resolution.

The cheap one I bought does, it's steaming in 1080P. Thing is also shockingly small. About the size of a computer mouse. You can use some two sided tape to stick it anyplace you want where it can see the remote. They had several higher end options. Can't remember what they were supposed to do "better". Since we already had a laptop that worked I just tried this cheap version figuring if it did not work just send it back. It streams YouTube also since you mentioned that. Pretty easy little thing to use for I think anything that is streamed. Even has some channels that are it's own I have not bothered to try. Try one from Amazon. Best part is if you don't like it just send it back :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top