JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Xfinity is Comcast for the billing. If you look at your Comcast account online you should be able to see your monthly usage. If you don't see it search, they make it easy to see now here so it should be that way everywhere. Streaming in full HD does use a lot of bandwidth. If you see you're going over first check your wireless router and make sure all the devices using it are yours. If you see something you do not recognize you may be letting some neighbor feed off yours. If that happens change the password and then check now and then to make sure there are no devices you do not use on there. If it's still going over the limit you really have no choice but to watch less or bump to the next level. There is a nice program you can buy to make a copy of DVD's so you can watch them later. DVD Fab. With that you can rent DVD's, make a copy to watch at your leisure. That will limit some of the streaming. Sadly many places only really have one Broadband choice so you are at their mercy. They have HD over the air now but many places don't have access to it even with better antenna's sadly.
Well, we probably are using more than ever now that my 96 year old mother-inlaw is in hospice care downstairs and the streaming is her only intertainment besides reading. She's a tuff ole bird. We thought she would have kicked off several times now but she bounces back. I am amazed but it takes a toll on the wife caring for her 24/7. We live out in the country and Comcast is our only choice for high speed internet so your right, they have a monopoly! One of my sons has Comcast high speed internet, actually fiber to the curb and his internet is way faster than ours and about 2/3rds the price. Probably cause the number of customers per block is much higher. I still like the rural living and wish it to be even more so, like at least 1hr drive away from Portland (if sh1t hits the fan)

My Comcast "package" expired and they jacked my price up $22, from $72 to $94. My bandwidth was sh1t, at best.
Jumped over to Frontier, now I'm $53 for 500mb upload *and* download, price guaranteed for 2 years, no contract.
I know I'm using more data now days but it didn't matter when I had that "all you can eat" unlimited package. Sure wish I hadn't changed my package. I just expected I could go back to my former unlimited package but the joke was on me! I thought their was a regulatory body that had to approve any rises in prices for utilities but maybe cable is not part of that. For sure they have to please city/county ..gov in order to be the only cable company? At least that is how it used to be. Maybe it's time for them to share the cable infrastructure with a competitor? That's what drove long distance telephone prices down, remember?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top