JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I too have seeing them quite a few times, probably as many as Bob Seger which was half a dozen times. Always a good show back then.;)
I can remember cruisin in my 68 Mustang crankin my stereo listening to ZZ Top on 8-track tape....:s0140::s0140::s0140:

Whipersnappers!!!!:p:p:p

Caught this other fun doc on Netflix or AXSTV. The citizens of that third-world shjt-hole love them some Texas rock.

BFG.jpg

Last Edited:
Nice. It was a great show. Ronnie Montrose was a bit different than the other two but played a awesome set. That was in the height of the Southern Rock bands. That show is in my top ten concerts, and I have over 130 on my list.

That was the second of probably 4-5 times I saw Ronnie Montrose live. Stunning player - RIP. Interesting stage layout for that show with the drummer stage left at the front (instead of centered atop a tall ego altar back behind everyone else). That's the way most groups (every one I've been in) will practice so there is eye contact and synergy. Why not onstage too? Tight band.

Last Edited:
Ted Nugent concert at the Paramount Theater, probably about 78 -79. Ted playing loouuuddd in the Paramount. We were on the floor, buddy had a big bag of so so weed, he would roll, light and pass it. Roll, light and pass it. The smoke level was about 4 feet off the floor. People were passed out in the hall ways and puking in the heads and halls. I had tinitius so fing bad for three days, my ears rang and head hurt. But it was worth it. Pretty wild show.

Back in my not so smart younger days , I had a snub nose .38 in my boot at a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert at the Coliseum, pint of Jack in the other and my girlfriend had about a dozen joints in her bra. Pretty good show. 1977 before the crash. You were the odd man out if you did NOT have a gun, knife or blackjack at a Skynyrd show in those days.

Yep 70's was good times, rowdy back then and that when the floor area on colosseum and stadium forum concerts was all open and unrestricted in floor area, it be a real 'Free For All '.. no pun intended on Nugent album . Nugent, ZZ top, J Giles, Skynyrd and others were pretty rowdy in Portland and a lot of drinking, drugging, smoking and fighting .
I remember the most problem/trouble preforming band to ever come to Portland was probably Robin Trower . They got banned from the Colosseum, and then banned from Paramount and then they got an engagement for the Salem armory, they wore there welcome out there also and banned .

Yep 70's was good times, rowdy back then and that when the floor area on colosseum and stadium forum concerts was all open and unrestricted in floor area, it be a real 'Free For All '.. no pun intended on Nugent album . Nugent, ZZ top, J Giles, Skynyrd and others were pretty rowdy in Portland and a lot of drinking, drugging, smoking and fighting .
I remember the most problem/trouble preforming band to ever come to Portland was probably Robin Trower . They got banned from the Colosseum, and then banned from Paramount and then they got an engagement for the Salem armory, they wore there welcome out there also and banned .

I don't know what it was about the Salem Armory but that place was just straight up gangsta even in the 70's. I was at that Robin Trower show there, and some others who got banned in Portland, there were more bad dudes and weapons there that it made even me nervous. And I had my snub nose .38 in my boot too. I rolled with a pretty rough biker type crowd back in those days, we took no sh*t off anybody, didn't start any trouble either but at more than one concert, out of a dozen or so of us, someone would would get in a fight, but we were ready to leave as soon as the show was over there.

At a Ted Nugent concert in Portland, the last one he played in the Coliseum, he was running all over the stage, and stood center stage and threw a cup of beer all over the front row, telling them if they did not like rock and roll they had better get the f out of there, grabbed his crotch and hit a hard chord. Turns out a Portland City Councilor, Connie McCready I believe was in the front row and got drenched with the beer. She was supposedly "checking out the show" and Ted got banned from the Coliseum after that.

Now if she was in the front row "checking it out" she probably had a real good contact high at a minimum, and her hearing was wasted after that as well. Ted of course gave no f's at all about it and was back at the Paramount the next year.

Props to this thread for bringing back some good memories.

Yeah I never really saw many fights at concerts, sure you'd see security running in all directions but never actually saw any. Most of them were down south when I was younger, then after I enlisted in the service I went to many shows in Colorado, man out there you had to watch your azz...:eek::eek::eek:

bubblegumin-A for the good times!!!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads