JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
addendum: the dog's owner is not absolved of his responsibility. My point is, don't make something small into something big. The bees are likely a seasonal phenomenon, too. This too shall pass...

Well this is one of the more entertaining threads I have read recently.

All I can say is;

1. Try to handle it diplomatically between your neighbor and yourself.

2. If you neighbor simply will not control his animals then you may have to convince the dog to go elsewhere yourself. (bb gun, paintball, wrist rocket, airsoft, super-soaker, rolled up news paper, tactical nuke, ect...)

3. If law enforcement in your neck of the woods is anything like mine they will just use it as an opportunity to make some money for themselves. Piss off your neighbor, and help you none whatsoever. If they are as creative as the boys here in lane county they may even come up with a way to extort some money out of you as well. Leave law enforcement out of it at all costs.

Just as an ironic side note, my ex had a dog that was born with four legs that she named Trinity as a puppy. When it was two it got ran over and lost a leg.

I have a friend that had the same problem a couple years ago. His neighbor basically told him we wasnt gonna do anything about his dogs crap in other peoples yards. My friend put a drain pan full of antifreeze outside by his garage. Couple days later and the problem was solved.

i was always told if the dogs dumb enough to drink antifreeze its not worth havin around

I have a friend that had the same problem a couple years ago. His neighbor basically told him we wasnt gonna do anything about his dogs crap in other peoples yards. My friend put a drain pan full of antifreeze outside by his garage. Couple days later and the problem was solved.

Why would someone kill a dog for just doing what it does naturally? I find that extremely cruel and uncalled for. The right thing to do would be to call animal control and let them handle it. :huh:

i was always told if the dogs dumb enough to drink antifreeze its not worth havin around

Well whoever told you that isn't smart enough to have around.
Dogs are like us,they like sweet things and antifreeze has a sweet taste to it.
So go tell you teacher to smarten up.

There is no reason to kill the dog for this,The owner needs to be taught to keep his dog home or clean up after it.
Really the best bet is to go get those poop bags,pick the poop up and throw the bags over in his yard.If that doesn't work,then throw the poo without the bags,close to their walk way or driveway so they can see it.

I didn't see anything that mentioned this so I'll say it:

Pour bacon grease on the dog's matter after he leaves. When he comes back he'll recycle for you. Eventually he'll stop, get sick, or continue. Either way it's a neat way to go green, and a fun way to get rid of bacon grease.

If the dog doesn't recycle it, talk to your neighbor.
If that doesn't work, report it to the proper authorities.

For those who are recommending remedies that involve the dog, why is all the meanness being directed to an animal that is only doing something that comes natural. The one responsible for the problem is the owner. Solutions should be directed to him.

I didn't see anything that mentioned this so I'll say it:

Pour bacon grease on the dog's matter after he leaves. When he comes back he'll recycle for you. Eventually he'll stop, get sick, or continue. Either way it's a neat way to go green, and a fun way to get rid of bacon grease.

If the dog doesn't recycle it, talk to your neighbor.
If that doesn't work, report it to the proper authorities.

:s0114: :s0155:

I approve.

Some times you have to fight fire with fire.
Get a Mastiff, Great Dane, St. Bernard, or maybe a steer or a Clydesdale, feed it well and let it roam his property.

This is a simple, cheap fix that requires almost no labor on your part.

Go into town and buy the cheapest canned chilli you can find; make sure it has meat in it. Then every time the dog makes a deposit, cook some of the chilli and pour it on top of the animal's business.

Problem solved.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads