JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You could also put on some rubber gloves and go out at night and pick some of his dog's poop up off of your lawn and then go over and paste a nice big wad under the driver side door handle of his rig. That might get the message across. :s0114:

As already stated a BB gun is the ticket. I live in the city and had HUGE issues with neighborhood cats using my flowerbeds as their toilet. I started popping them in the but any time they came in the yard with 3 or 4 pumps in the BB gun. I very rarely see a cat any more.

Get a portable air horn. Like this: YouTube - &#x202a;air horn (club sample)&#x202c;&rlm; <---LINKY
Aim it at the dog, and the neighbors house. They are VERY loud.
Available at most sporting goods stores that carry boat supplies.

It will not only drive away "tripod" the dog, but alert your neighbor that his dog is in your yard doing his biz.

The only problem with that is you run the risk of pizzing off other neighbors around you that you aren't having a problem with. You could be trading one problem for several more.

Not the dogs fault the owner is a D.B. Collect a bunch of your piss in soda bottles and pour it around the edge of you property in a 3' wide stripe, dogs are territorial, mark your territory, it'll stay away. Harming or killing the dog puts you in the risk of getting arrested for animal abuse/cruelty. That would suck!!

Clean it, bag it, return to sender with an attached bill for labour and materials. Get a game-cam and get video of the dog doing the do, burn the vid/pics to CD and attach to the bill(charging for the disc of course).

Perfect time to flush your coolant out though isn't it?

I'm surprised nobody has suggested the obvious.....move you uncaring twit!

:s0084:

HAHA

T_H

YEah, and maybe I shouldn't carry a gun because they told me 9 out of 10 times a criminal will not hurt me and I should just give up my wallet or do whatever the criminal says like a good little sheep. Like, guns are usually taken from people and used on them, so don't own one. Yeah, if your neighbors mess with you, just pack up and leave. Sorry, but I am not the kind of guy who likes people pushing me around. Yeah, I can take some crap, a lot of crap actually, but I will stand my ground. Just, because the other guy was here longer, doesn't mean he owns the place. Also, I just had one h*ll of a move and I am not even about ready to move again, unless it is a matter of life and death. So, no I ain't moving.

Lots of great advice here from people. What better place than a gun forum to ask these questions? :D I tend to feel many people on gun forums are more rational-minded and have a bit more backbone, thus I respect their opinions above that of the average populace. My neighbors must not be good people to confine in, seeing none of them have put a stop to this problem.

As far as electric fences, that is out of the question. The thing is, that most of my yard is a front yard, as I have no backyard. I have a covered patio area and a large amount of grass area in the front. Also, the area has foot traffic from some pedestrians in the local area, including children. I can just imagine kids getting shocked if I put an electric fence up. The place I live is far from ideal and I much rather live far out in the country, but it is not an option because of my business requiring high speed internet.

I'm thinking that ideas about getting a video recording, talking to animal control and police are best options. Between the bees and the dog, the guy has already crossed the line. I have not yet confronted him about the dog, so perhaps I will just risk it and confront him. I know his brother just died, but that doesn't give him an excuse to screw with his neighbors. I'm just wanting to avoid any direct fight or confrontation, but I suppose if the police confront him, it would only be worse. I guess I may just go and confront him face to face. God forbid, he gets pissy with me or in my face about it. I will be keeping my cell phone handy next time I see that poor mut in my yard and record it. It's a small enough town and I am sure the cops seen this dog running around the yard anyway. I mean, he is the only 3-legged dog around here and he runs all over the place. So, it's not like it will be any great shock when I tell people about it. I'm just puzzled as why animal control hasn't picked the dog up already.

BTW.. Air horn won't work on a deaf dog.. THis dog cannot hear, so I have to chase it away, by making I contact with it and arm motions.. Another pain in the A**, most dogs will run when you yell at them, but not this one.

When i had the problem i used a shovel and picked the dodo up went to the neighbor knocked on the door and said this is yours it was left in my yard and dropped it on their porch after about 3 incidents they took control of their dogs bad habits..

No need to get the authority's involved. Only thing it will do is help fill their coffers! And dog will still be doing its biz in your yard!!

When i had the problem i used a shovel and picked the dodo up went to the neighbor knocked on the door and said this is yours it was left in my yard and dropped it on their porch after about 3 incidents they took control of their dogs bad habits..

No need to get the authority's involved. Only thing it will do is help fill their coffers! And dog will still be doing its biz in your yard!!

+1 When I lived in Kansas City I had the same problem with a neighbor. It only took me taking her dogs crap back to her once to cure that problem.

Perhaps it's time for the dog to relocate? A witness protection program if you will.

Rememember if you call the cops or animal control it is the same as walking over and telling him yourself. There is no secrecy in that act. As I see it, your options are few:

1. Relocate dog
2. Train dog to stay out of your yard. Hope you have lots of time on your hands to patrol!
3. Confront the neighbor. If this guy doesn't give a rats behind in the first place I doubt anything you say will change him.
4. Move. Be prepared because there are simple minded tools in every locale.

Clean it, bag it, return to sender with an attached bill for labour and materials. Get a game-cam and get video of the dog doing the do, burn the vid/pics to CD and attach to the bill(charging for the disc of course).

Perfect time to flush your coolant out though isn't it?

As someone that likes permanent solutions, I approve.

I had an old fella tell me once (or maybe I read it somewhere, brain is old and fuzzy) that he would pour bacon grease over the dogpile to encourage the nice doggie to clean up his own mess. Then tell the owner after a while how well it's working, and I'll bet a fence goes up pretty quick...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top