JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have had 4 dogs in the past 20 plus years and they do bark at him, but not his family when they recognize the family members. I have two standard schnauzers now. He works at home as does his wife. Today I learned that he came onto my property instructing them to be quiet, and I have heard him doing so when he walks back into his back yard. He is a nervous person. He now instructed me today that the barking must stop because he is loosing work time because of his headaches--suggesting he has some type of medical condition. When seen today he was flailing hims arms and asserting his demands. He has parties on occasion in his back yard as well as dinners; their noise does not bother me.

I was thinking that "Ring" has some type of sound activated system--thinking to record my dogs when I cam not home and to record any of his threatening gestures. Any ideas?

Oh, my dogs do their business in the back fenced years. He now instructs me that I should have my dogs do their business in my front yard and not let my dogs roam free in my back yard. My neighbors on the west side are not complaining of my dogs barking nor those on my immediate north side. I live in the West Hills of Portland.

Any ideas? thx.

Is there a device that records barking in the back yard and or motions or possible neighbor threat behavior that might be causing them to bark?

Game camera would do the trick or one of the multitude of home security focused systems on the market now.

The most effective fix would involve a real estate agent.
Game camera would work how? Would record barking? Where to position the game camera? My neighbor to the north has two poodles that like to fence fight with my girl standard schnauzer.

Neighbor conflicts have a way of turning into neighbor wars and NOBODY wins those things.

First and foremost, if your dogs are barking...and I don't mean just the odd/occasional bark...he does have a right to complain and you need to get that under control. Maybe consult with a qualified trainer, look into shock collars, maybe don't leave your dogs out when you're not home, etc.

From a security standpoint, getting some cameras mounted up in the back so you can see exactly what is going on, would probably be a good thing. To that end, there are both motion detectors and sound detectors. But if you install cameras, try to do it as inconspicuously as possible. If he learns you have cameras pointed at his house, he'll probably complain about that too.

Neighbor conflicts have a way of turning into neighbor wars and NOBODY wins those things.

First and foremost, if your dogs are barking...and I don't mean just the odd/occasional bark...he does have a right to complain and you need to get that under control. Maybe consult with a qualified trainer, look into shock collars, maybe don't leave your dogs out when you're not home, etc.

From a security standpoint, getting some cameras mounted up in the back so you can see exactly what is going on, would probably be a good thing. To that end, there are both motion detectors and sound detectors. But if you install cameras, try to do it as inconspicuously as possible. If he learns you have cameras pointed at his house, he'll probably complain about that too.
I am pretty sure this guy has migraines and migraines disable his ability to work; per his report. Along with a nervous disorder. Sound detectors look like a good idea. Any preferred models?

HINT FOR THE NEIGHBOR.
LOL.....get a restraining order against the dog.

I'm sure that the dog will read it and comply.

Aloha, Mark

PS......along that line. The courts have been known to issue restraining orders against the owners of "nuisance pets".

Please explain "that one," to the dog.

Game camera would work how? Would record barking? Where to position the game camera? My neighbor to the north has two poodles that like to fence fight with my girl standard schnauzer.
They are motion activated and record audio.

The rest is up to you to figure out.

A citronella bark collar on your dog will shut down the fence fighting.

I own two dogs that bark at one of my two neighbors any time they hear him in his yard. My dogs are A- holes and I will interrupt them and have worked to train them not to bark at my neighbors. If you own dogs and they bark, and bark a lot, you are not clear of any wrongdoing in my opinion. In my opinion, if the neighbor has gone on for years of your dogs barking, and is now asking you to be somewhat sensitive to this issue and you refuse to do anything, your not a very good neighbor. Maybe learn more about the neighbors, get to know them and the reason why they are all of a suddenly more sensitive to the dogs barking. Train the dogs to bark less. Be civilized. If that's not a good option for you, you can always invest in your own property out of city limits where you then can own animals with little to no training.

I own two dogs that bark at one of my two neighbors any time they hear him in his yard. My dogs are A- holes and I will interrupt them and have worked to train them not to bark at my neighbors. If you own dogs and they bark, and bark a lot, you are not clear of any wrongdoing in my opinion. In my opinion, if the neighbor has gone on for years of your dogs barking, and is now asking you to be somewhat sensitive to this issue and you refuse to do anything, your not a very good neighbor. Maybe learn more about the neighbors, get to know them and the reason why they are all of a suddenly more sensitive to the dogs barking. Train the dogs to bark less. Be civilized. If that's not a good option for you, you can always invest in your own property out of city limits where you then can own animals with little to no training.
Dig it!

The guy that lives next door to me, (Used to be neighbors that lived there before he bought the place and takes very little care of the yard), has a dog that barks at pretty much anytime anyone that walks by. If they have a dog with them he barks longer and louder. When the untrained mutt is in the front yard, the guy is siting on the steps of the porch smoking, doing nothing. He'll say the dogs name in a low tone, and the mutt comes to him and get petted. I can understand a dog barking a hello or warning at someone/thing they don't know, but the piece of crap next door barks at me and the dog has been there for more than a couple years. And I have tried smiling and talking nice to it.
People who have dogs that bark at everyone and everything are like a person that would yell at you every time you came and went from your house/property. I don't invade other people space with noise if it isn't something that is productive/needed, like a lawn mower. There are people in my hood within four houses each way who have untrained mutts that go off at the slightest thing. I hope they don't have off-spring is all I can say.

My dogs do not like him but do like his family members.
That's interesting. Sometime these animals have better sense/situational awareness than a lot of people you see/meet. This damn cat we got last January at three months old, can read my mood. If I wake up in a bad mood that cat just keeps his distance and gives me a "Look". The bad part is, when I'm in a "mood" I want Jack (The one eye'd cat) to be a lover. :(

Neighbors behind me dogs bark all the evving time.
Neighbors across the street do the same.

Not the dogs fault, just unresponsible dog owners that care not about the neighbors.

Sorry about the rant but it gets old after a while.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews