JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To nickb: Don't mean to raise hackles but, your groups really don't say much without range and scale figures.

100 yards, from a bi pod, both groups were shot with an AR chambered in .223.
In the second picture that's a 45acp round that will cover the group, so less than a half inch.

I started with a cheap aluminum RCBS single stage press (RS5). It was a great little press for the money (50 bucks used). I would definitely look at a single stage press to start with. Keep it simple.

Next I graduated to a Redding Ultramag. I'll never own another single stage press. The Redding is top notch.

I then bought a Lee Progressive for higher volume pistol cartridges. It worked great but I had to fiddle with it every 200-300 rounds.

I replace the Lee with a used Dillon but it used proprietary dies that were expensive. I sold the Dillon and bought a Hornady LNL progressive.

With the Hornady LNL and the Redding, I've never felt any need to look at any other presses.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top