JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To nickb: Don't mean to raise hackles but, your groups really don't say much without range and scale figures.

100 yards, from a bi pod, both groups were shot with an AR chambered in .223.
In the second picture that's a 45acp round that will cover the group, so less than a half inch.

I started with a cheap aluminum RCBS single stage press (RS5). It was a great little press for the money (50 bucks used). I would definitely look at a single stage press to start with. Keep it simple.

Next I graduated to a Redding Ultramag. I'll never own another single stage press. The Redding is top notch.

I then bought a Lee Progressive for higher volume pistol cartridges. It worked great but I had to fiddle with it every 200-300 rounds.

I replace the Lee with a used Dillon but it used proprietary dies that were expensive. I sold the Dillon and bought a Hornady LNL progressive.

With the Hornady LNL and the Redding, I've never felt any need to look at any other presses.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top