JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The paint on all of them almost looks too perfect. Even the brand spankin new LC .50 tracers I bought aren't that pretty

I have 308 and a place to shoot it.
You sir, I will be in contact with- you're actually not too far from me at all, let's set up for a sunny day and try some out. I think its worth opening one of the packs to see what the truth is.
Good luck. Looks sketchy as hell to me.
Please film this. If not for us, then at least for the evening news. Or your surgeon. Or the rifle manufacturer. Or the Fire Department. :D

Besides getting the spelling wrong, I have never heard of any 7.62x51 ammo that was the equivalent of the .50 BMG Mk211 AKA Raufoss because of where it was originally manufactured (I used to own about a dozen of these).

Mk211 is API but with a bit of RDX included to better penetrate hard armor.

I have over the years bought various types of 7.62x51 and 7.62x39 military ammo that was AP, API, APIT tracer, sabots (the real milspec sabots, not homemade or commercial) and so on.

I believe what you have is maybe, at best, simple API ammo - M8 (not M80), but probably not US manufacture. Given the misspelled name, and probably intentional misrepresentation, I am not sure what you have, but I would doubt it is anything like Mk211 - for one thing, I don't think there is enough room in a 7.62 projectile to contain enough RDX to make it effective.

Given the presentation/misrepresentation, I would not be surprised that someone took some M80 ball ammo and dipped it in silver/white paint (I can't easily make out the color). You might want to check the headstamp. Personally I would not buy or shoot such ammo as I would have no idea what it really is.

Besides getting the spelling wrong, I have never heard of any 7.62x51 ammo that was the equivalent of the .50 BMG Mk211 AKA Raufoss because of where it was originally manufactured (I used to own about a dozen of these).

Mk211 is API but with a bit of RDX included to better penetrate hard armor.

I have over the years bought various types of 7.62x51 and 7.62x39 military ammo that was AP, API, APIT tracer, sabots (the real milspec sabots, not homemade or commercial) and so on.

I believe what you have is maybe, at best, simple API ammo - M8 (not M80), but probably not US manufacture. Given the misspelled name, and probably intentional misrepresentation, I am not sure what you have, but I would doubt it is anything like Mk211 - for one thing, I don't think there is enough room in a 7.62 projectile to contain enough RDX to make it effective.

Given the presentation/misrepresentation, I would not be surprised that someone took some M80 ball ammo and dipped it in silver/white paint (I can't easily make out the color). You might want to check the headstamp. Personally I would not buy or shoot such ammo as I would have no idea what it really is.

I will post some of the head stamps here in just a little bit!
So then what about the .223's?

I will post some of the head stamps here in just a little bit!
So then what about the .223's?

I am not an expert on military ammo.

The tip colors would be correct for APIT, but I was under the impression that when NATO ammo was assigned designations it got a different designation for ball vs. tracer vs. API vs. APIT. So I would be suspect of ammo marked SS109 APIT as SS109 is ball ammo?

If these come from the same source as the 7.62x51 "Raufus", that would make me suspect them even more.

85632550.jpg

PETN is an explosive, a rather powerful one. It's the primary ingredient in SEMTEX, which seems to be the plastic explosive choice of any evil Hollywood character. Even with the energy PETN provides, I can't see how the the tiny amount in a .224 bullet would be of any consequence.

On a soft target (like muscle tissue) you'd be better off with the greater mass of a standard bullet causing greater hydrostatic shock and permanent wound channels.

On a harder target the tiny explosive pellet wouldn't have enough potential energy to really make a difference in things like penetration of anything stouter than sheet metal on the side of a vehicle. It might make fuel explode, but a standard incendiary round would have the same effect and be less complex to manufacture. It might penetrate a helmet a bit better than a standard round, but there are several conventions that preclude using exploding rounds of this size in an anti-personal role.

UPDATE- THEY WORK!

I had a chance to go out with a friend and fellow member on here, and though we did Not get to test any of the .308, all of the different types of .223's did exactly as they had described. I have slow motion videos of the target close up on impact and it's amazing. Blew our minds. We were shooting AR500 steel plate (cant remember the thickness) but it was putting a beautiful dent and "exploded" as I expect it should have. Every single shot would recover the plate with black soot. You can heat 2 loud pops. One when the rifle fired, and another when it hit the plate. Along with a very bright flash and sparks everywhere. Let me know what yall think. I'll post a picture of the video when a round hits the target, and the target itself. Next is to verify those .308 versions are also legitimate. Those would be WAY cooler IMO! Again, the photos I'm posting are of the small packs of the .223's.

Screenshot_20210409-212850_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20210409-212857_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20210409-212907_Video Player.jpg 20210403_150420.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top