JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I picked up a small lot of these pre bagged and labeled ".308 Raufus H.E. Incendiary" cartridges, and immediately bought the entire small lot but also call total bullbubblegum. I dont have a functioning .308 at the moment or I would have tried one- but can someone give me some background info on these? I used Google, I can not find Anything on this miss-spelled raufoss reload looking black magic snake oil. Thank you.

Also in the pictures are some .223 which I would like to know more about also.. some people online claim Northern Arizona Munitions (NAM) use to make these. I over payed for it I'm sure, but I dont intend to use it if its legitimate- any time soon. Thank you for all your input in advance (and I hope they are all legit obviously)

16169539635833761780891365875040.jpg 16169540841757578327470022234952.jpg

My thoughts exactly Dizzy. Just wondering if anyone else has come across something like these. I'm super skeptical. If anyone can mill some in half I would definatly be Interested.

USMC- I payed 2$ per round For the 308's what do you think about that price ?

hope it's ok to post this link. remembered seeing these awhile ago, only info i've ever seen about it.

Holy wow, if that information is legit, I've hit the jackpot. I guess I now need someone with a .308 that can help me test a couple from the batch :p

ALL THE 223 (that I have pictured) ARE LAKE CITY just like the guy in the above ad claimed- coincdentially ?

The Winchester 308 at BiMart is $21 a box of 20 so not ridiculously bad. Not a great deal if just ball but a home run if it really is API.

I highly doubt these are legitimate. Here's a good detailing of the .50 caliber round including cost ($65 per round).

Raufoss Mk 211 - Wikipedia

I have never seen any indication these type of rounds were produced in smaller diameters, but who knows, I'm not an expert in this area of mutions.

I would caution you regarding sectioning one in half to inspect its construction. If these are legit, you just might mix the reactants and cause a pretty nasty mess. But hey, we all have a few spare fingers on each hand right? :confused:

You sir, I will be in contact with- you're actually not too far from me at all, let's set up for a sunny day and try some out. I think its worth opening one of the packs to see what the truth is.
I also have a piece of 3/4 plate, 2'x3' we can use as a target.
Good luck. Looks sketchy as hell to me.
No guts no Glory

I've been doing some reading up here and there, and the general consensus is that 'Raufus' is a frawk name for some dodgy ammunition, a bit like a 19thC revolver stamped 'Smoth & Wussen', or 'Wobley'.

Even back in 2007, this was the opinion - made by a bunch of people somewhere in Texas, and about as real as a Relox watch.

The .30 cal rounds I speak of, are not true raufoss. They are commonly seen on gun auction site like the G. Broker site, by the name raufausraufus. And they are quite hot when they impact, but as far as true explosive, nah! They do, make a bang, but I have actually taken the composition from one, and checked it out, I mixed some mag-al, and magnesium with different oxidizers, and got the same effect when lighting the comp. on the ground with an electric match.
My conclusion is that the psuedo-raufoss rounds on the market for say, .30 cal, .223 (AR-15), and a few other various calibers, surprisingly even a .22 LR IT round, they are just packed with a variation of a "flash" powder, nothing more.
But as I say, this is NOT the true raufoss round.'

And 2006 -

'The "Raufus" ammo is knock-off trading off the name of the "Raufoss" ammo. It is pretty much the same type of stuff you see at gun shows that has been handloaded by someone. It is as safe to shoot as any other anonymously handloaded gun show ammo that is being misrepresented.'

'From what I've heard this "Raufus" (as opposed to Raufoss Mk211) stuff is made by some small operation in texas. Basically they take hollowpoint rifle ammo, stuff some kind of incendiary into the empty space and paint over the hole.'

Mostly bought, at that time, from http://www.polygunbag.com/

Sounds about as straight a deal as buying a bridge in New York.

Your choice.

I've been doing some reading up here and there, and the general consensus is that 'Raufus' is a frawk name for some dodgy ammunition, a bit like a 19thC revolver stamped 'Smoth & Wussen', or 'Wobley'.

Even back in 2007, this was the opinion - made by a bunch of people somewhere in Texas, and about as real as a Relox watch.

The .30 cal rounds I speak of, are not true raufoss. They are commonly seen on gun auction site like the G. Broker site, by the name raufausraufus. And they are quite hot when they impact, but as far as true explosive, nah! They do, make a bang, but I have actually taken the composition from one, and checked it out, I mixed some mag-al, and magnesium with different oxidizers, and got the same effect when lighting the comp. on the ground with an electric match.
My conclusion is that the psuedo-raufoss rounds on the market for say, .30 cal, .223 (AR-15), and a few other various calibers, surprisingly even a .22 LR IT round, they are just packed with a variation of a "flash" powder, nothing more.
But as I say, this is NOT the true raufoss round.'

And 2006 -

'The "Raufus" ammo is knock-off trading off the name of the "Raufoss" ammo. It is pretty much the same type of stuff you see at gun shows that has been handloaded by someone. It is as safe to shoot as any other anonymously handloaded gun show ammo that is being misrepresented.'

'From what I've heard this "Raufus" (as opposed to Raufoss Mk211) stuff is made by some small operation in texas. Basically they take hollowpoint rifle ammo, stuff some kind of incendiary into the empty space and paint over the hole.'

Mostly bought, at that time, from http://www.polygunbag.com/

Sounds about as straight a deal as buying a bridge in New York.

Your choice.
[/QUOTE

I really appreciate your input and will be sure to post back the results within the coming couple of weeks. I bought them believing it was clearly fake, so it can only get better from here. Even if they are, I get to make a new friend and enjoy a sunny day. Cheers

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top