JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:confused: I'm in a quandry.
I'm finally looking for a high quality gun cleaning mat for cleaning my rifles and pistols. A cleaning station would be nice to get as well.
Like most guys I've been using an old bath towel with sheets of thin plastic under it for laying out my gun cleaning gear, and cleaning my rifles and pistols.

I'm finally at the point where I'd like something more purpose built for the tasks at hand.
Can you recommend to me a cleaning mat that will hold up well and not let the chemicals soak thru and ruin my furniture if some of the chemicals soak into the mat.

I've looked at the Browning rifle pad that's 16" x 54" and it seems like a good quality product. Does anybody here use one of them?
<broken link removed>

Also, is there a cleaning station/gun box that you like and might recommend?

I'll consider all recommendations.

Thanks in advance,
Gregory​

Not all plastics and rubbers are meant for all types of solvents and chemicals.You have may different compounds just on you car that don't hold up to all types of lubricants.
Get one that isn't resistant and it will either fall apart or stink of gun solvent for ever

Anyway,I bought an old office type desk for this.It was $35 at a second hand building supply store.Holds all my goodies and tools and I don't worry about the furniture. Just wipe it off and I'm good to go.

This may sound funny but I use 3 in 1 foam for pergo floors that I had left over. Doesn't absorb spills, but it doesn't soak through.

I had a member over at another forum had me check this mat out. It's made by a guy and his son over on the east side of Michigan. I just received both mats from them. I ordered one of each size for the pistol and the rifle.
They're really well made, and best of all they're afordable. Here's a link to their website if any of you would like to see what I ended up getting. The mats are highly resisitant to most chemicals, short of dry cleaning fluid.
Thansk for all the suggestions. Much appreciated.
~Gearchecker~
Home Page

That looks pretty good. Where/how do you purchase them?

I had a member over at another forum had me check this mat out. It's made by a guy and his son over on the east side of Michigan. I just received both mats from them. I ordered one of each size for the pistol and the rifle.
They're really well made, and best of all they're afordable. Here's a link to their website if any of you would like to see what I ended up getting. The mats are highly resisitant to most chemicals, short of dry cleaning fluid.
Thansk for all the suggestions. Much appreciated.
~Gearchecker~
Home Page

I got a chance to use them and I really found the magnetic strip or the right side terribly convenient. I cleaned my 1911 and all of the springs and parts stuck to it very well. they were exactly where I put them and that made re=assembly very easy. I didn't need to scorunge around for the guide rod spring for the first time in a long time. they also have a second magnetic strip on the back side that works perfectly for keeping ti rolled up inmy cabinet.
I do recommend this one. The rifle pad is long enough that my M-1 Garand fits on it without hanging over the ends.

You can e-mail them at this address and they'll get right back to you.
[email protected]

Web page is ultra basic, with little more than a link to their e-mail address, and a description of the products.
Or you can reach them by phone: 989-302-2938 The owners name is Bob. They are located in Michigan. There is a 3 hour time shift between the West Coast and Michigan.
It's a fully family owned business, and these are American made mats.
Thanks for asking,
Gregory

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews