JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like the typical sheep to me. Once she got a gun, she started thinking about how dangerous the world really is and she couldn't wait to get rid of it and go back to her fantasy world were nothing bad ever happens to good people and you don't need to carry a gun to protect yourself.

I cant stand people like her.

Folks like her would STILL kill someone via over-penetration or because their nerves got the best of them. Training can only do so much.
Its decent for muscle memory, but like anything it takes time and years of repetitive motions.
Nerves on the other hand.. That, no one can "teach out" of a weak frightened liberal such as herself.
Not to mention.. Even our looovely boy in blue hit innocent bystanders and accidentally discharge their weapon while aiming it at a detained perp. Also, theyve been know to forget their firearms in their personal vehicles, kitchens, living rooms and even in the bathroom!
And they go through more "training" than us civilians according to their spokes people.

Folks like her fall victim everyday. Choosing to not protect yourself is the worst possible answer to curbing this pseudo "gun violence" she brags about.

And her irrational paranoia? Does she mean situational awareness?.. Because thats a different story. Ignorance may be bliss.. Until evil is at your door.

My woman was never into firearms, but nit all against them either.
Since shes moved down here shes grown more fond of firearms and the routines we set in place.

She and I both feel more at ease if she has a firearm she can quickly access both with her and at home. Could a few guys over power her and by chance even me? Sure, but we both know the first few through the door wont be able to brag about the assault/break in with his buddies.

The author didn't prove anything. This was just a giant "pat on the back" article for her brady campaigns limp wrist friends.

So, how did she get a Washington Conceal Permit without going thru a class?

Washington is a Shall Issue state and she was making the point that Washington does not require a class, training or a test. Just go to your local police or sheriff, apply and pass a background check.

The Brady campaign people she works for will probably use the article to push for higher CHL requirements.

So, how did she get a Washington Conceal Permit without going thru a class?

It is the permit holders personal responsibility to take whatever training the believe fits their experience. WA realizes (correctly) that "one government mandated size does not fit everyone"

Heidi's problem was she did not take that responsibility seriously, intentionally. Her intent was a hack job from the beginning.

At the risk of appearing sexist…Who steps on this lady’s spiders for her?
From the looks of her picture, the draft of an opening door would knock her
down before she could draw her piece. And her pistol hanging out there as
an open invitation for anyone to grab is laughable.:s0114:

This article makes the case for concealed carry. I feel open carry is basically
grand standing. Kind of like open pipes on an automobile (Hey! Look at me.):s0131:

*Tune in tomorrow for further adventures of "Ms.(BS) Blogger", which will no
doubt involve a child and a negligent discharge...(Pass the pipe).:rolleyes:

Jack...:cool:
10x :s0155: I sure hope someone is mainstream countering that idiot. NRA, GOA ?

At first, I was intrigued about how it might turn out.

Page 2 ended that. She shamelessly plugs skewed violence data into the story repeatedly.

I want my 15 minutes back.

Likewise...what a letdown.

This woman is just plain paranoid about everything. Or, more likely, she is exaggerating to fit her narrative.

I can't imagine how she gets through life...driving a car must scare the bejeezus out of her.

Heidi comes across as a neurotic mess and probably shouldn't be carrying a gun anyway. There was a part in her article where she stated she thought a gun would make her feel powerful. Heidi CLEARLY doesn't get it.

I loved this part of her article, it really sheds some light on her thought process :

" I started this series sitting in a Starbucks with a gun on my hip. Today I sit in a different coffee shop, Peet’s Tea & Coffee, because, unlike Starbucks, it doesn’t allow weapons. "

Typical liberal mindset ? Criminals obey rules ? Sigh..

I believe Oster above hit the nail on the head.

Sounds like the typical sheep to me. Once she got a gun, she started thinking about how dangerous the world really is and she couldn't wait to get rid of it and go back to her fantasy world were nothing bad ever happens to good people and you don't need to carry a gun to protect yourself.

I've been pondering this article a bit the past few days.

From one prospective, she accomplished her goal. She wanted to put forth the least amount of effort required to purchase a pistol, get a Concealed Pistol Licence (I think that is what it is called in Washington) and carry said pistol. Nothing else.

On one hand, it is obvious that she set this up as an experiment to demonstrate how silly it is for someone to do the minimum required things to accomplish her list. On the other, she missed the several points and comments that I'm sure people made to her. Mainly, that while often times there is a very low minimum set of requirements any intelligent person tries to raise their own personal bar much higher than the minimum requirement.

I'm not a fan of comparing privileges to rights, but I'll use driving as an example for a moment. While taking a driver's education course isn't required, but many people take one in school to get a discount in their insurance and better their ability to drive.

Another more correct example, voting. While you don't have to educate yourself on the ballot measures or candidates, and many don't, it is kind of silly to just randomly vote on your ballot. I'm sure that this woman would have never done that before. Or maybe, she did?

Now, that is the nicest way I could really write about this article. To mean, it was someone attempting to show how silly it is to meet only the minimum requirements then it was 'Mission Accomplished' but anyone can do something half-assed. This wasn't news, but apparently people need to be reminded of this fact constantly.

OK. That is that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top