JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Soooo, reading between the lines... they are not outlawing private gun sales, they ARE requiring a background check for private gun sales... OR SB941 for the entire country. Well, let them live as we do, maybe cause an uproar and backlash.

Soooo, reading between the lines... they are not outlawing private gun sales, they ARE requiring a background check for private gun sales... OR SB941 for the entire country. Well, let them live as we do, maybe cause an uproar and backlash.

Kinda what I was thinking. Not just the loonies in OR and WA passing those STUPID laws, but the Dem's want to force it upon the entire US? Oh yeah, let's see how that will work out for the Dem's in the long run.

Do I think that requiring a background check for every gun sale both FFL and private sales will :
Stop folks from selling guns to their friends...
Keep guns out of the hands of criminals...
Do much if anything in the name of safety...
Nope.

Do I think that it is a "workaround" and a subtle infringement...?
Yes , very much so.
Andy

Any new legislation will (if signed into law) only succeed in taking crime-fighting resources away from ciminal activities, and
reallocate those resources towards...law abiding citizens.

Ah, now we see the plan.

They want us disarmed and wholly dependent on the state for everything. There's even talk of getting rid of cars in the city so people have to walk or take public transportation. Mandatory tax on everything, more so on things they dont like, and fines for freedom.

They want us disarmed and wholly dependent on the state for everything. There's even talk of getting rid of cars in the city so people have to walk or take public transportation. Mandatory tax on everything, more so on things they dont like, and fines for freedom.

87% sales tax on EVERYTHING. And a 43% excise tax added to income tax.

I have mixed feelings about BGC's... i feel like they are a good idea, but dislike that the government is not doing more to facilitate transfers (Oregon as my reference). I also disagree with that some licenses do not cause exemptions for these transfers (C&R and CHL specifically).

I don't think this will have any effect on mass shootings that aren't gang related. It might be good policy in concept, but it's become clear that if you give an inch they grab for a mile and the reasoning is non-sequitur.
I'll vote against it if I am given the option.

Like a lot of things, good concept but poorly executed.

I've personally never had a problem with BGC's. WITHOUT serial numbers recorded.

If you already passed the rectal inspection for a CHL and you status is current and not revoked then you shouldn't require any further BGC's to buy new or transfer to another CHL.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the year every state has some form of gun control legislation proposed.

I just heard North Carolina has an "assault weapon" ban proposed.

lol

...and thats all i have to say about that

04CF42CC-84FF-4EDF-AA68-5861E5DD1C4D.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR