JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, so much for taking initiative here and making an attempt to show the shooting community is not all knuckle dragging rednecks like they assume. If we all just give up on the antis as not reachable we have lost the war.

You're not going to fix this person. She is unfixable. Unfortunately this is true for 99.9999% of these agenda-driven elitists.

321451_10151744956984305_741604487_n.jpg

A libs thought process; "I'm not safe with this gun, I might lose control, same with how much soda I drink! If a smart progressive like myself shouldn't be trusted making these decisions what about the knuckle dragging conservatives? We need more regulations on guns and sodas!"

It's not us they don't trust it's themselves. They like big Daddy govt. guiding them along. This woman is annoys the heck out of me!

She might need a mental evaluation :s0114:

My first observation is, she had the gun a month, THE GUN DID NOT KILL ANYONE!!! Imagine THAT!! So much for guns kill people. She is a moron, she was scared of it, the second she bought it. Why didn't she just leave it in the box. She is the type who should never have a gun. She's beaten herself before she even got started. She should get a shirt that reads, "I have a gun, i do not know how to use it, I'm scared of this gun, take anything you want from me"

In Washington state, there is a five-day waiting period for handgun purchases, unless buyer already has their concealed carry permit.

It seems that she got her CCW for the sole purpose of writing a misleading article.

look at it this way if at the end of the 30 days and she doesn't go crazy and shoot up starbucks or the mall then she does prove a point for our side

The gun is NOT a bad thing because it didn't go on a shooting rampage so it must be the people behind the gun that is the problem.

Disappointed? Ms Magazine has apparently canceled the rest of Ms Yewman's month with a gun series.

"Did I read correctly in the New York Times that Ms. Magazine is not publishing the next 2 articles in this series (http://nocera.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/21/the-gun-report-june-21-2013/?_r=1)."

May continue at the Puffington Host.

But I don't find anything there - searching on Yewman, nor month with gun

I really want to see how this turns out. As others have pointed out, if she does exactly as she has described nothing will happen in 30 days. NOTHING.

Thus proving firearms don't just go off on their own.

Or MAYBE (Fat chance) she will actually take some responsibility and go learn something about this device she purchased. Which is what any intelligent person would do.

I left this comment:

For all of the fear you express about random people with guns sitting in Starbucks NEAR CHILDREN, you are really not living in the real world. The real world goes like this:

Five percent of the people in Oregon have concealed carry permits. That’s one out of every 20 people. That’s at least one on every mass transit bus. That’s at least one in the average restaurant. And yet, do you know how many homocides have been committed in the last 20 years in Oregon by concealed handgun license holders? Exactly one, and that was a domestic dispute in something like 1996. Please get a grip.

"With over 200 million guns in our country, most in our homes, it's no wonder that over 19,000 people in America die from suicide and accidental death by a gun every year. So I decided to keep the gun in a........"

Here we go again with the fuzzy stats! Why do they always lump suicides into the mix? The only thing this story proves is Libs don't trust themselves with responsibility and maybe they consider themselves more prone to suicide? It goes with the big govt. make decisions for me ideology I guess. I can't read it all in one sitting or I'll get high blood pressure but I'm somehow wanting to know more about how this woman's mind works!

Nice. My favorite parts were:

1) when the paper she cites to back up her claim that "...my gun was 22 times more likely to be used against me than I was to use it in self-defense..." in fact says that they were "unable to weigh the risk of a violent death against any protective benefits of gun ownership." i.e. no such conclusions can be made

and even better

2) when her source for the claim that "A gun in a home is 43 times more likely to be used to kill a family member than kill someone in self-defense." is a link to an article whose purpose is to completely refute that claim and explain how the flawed methodology of the study that came up with that number renders all claims based on its data fundamentally meaningless.

Good stuff.

Sent from a phone; typos likely

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top