JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Smith & Wesson model 25-2 chambered in .45acp. Has a couple issues. Somebody jeweled the trigger, hammer, release and screws. Not a huge fan of the faux ivory Magna grips. On the plus side, the finish is really nice.

20150803_191134.jpg

I am curious about the benefit of the .45 ACP in a wheel gun. I love the round and wheel guns as well, but just don't see the joy of moon clips.

Not trying to stir anything up, just trying understand the draw. Thanks :)

Or .45 GAp if you like it, reload for it, or find some in a dark corner on a dusty shelf
in a Gun Shop.

My Dream Revolvers these days is a S&W .45 ACP Nightguard, or the stainless
625-2.

However, that's after I get my G30S, and probably after I pick up a
Blackhawk convertible in .45/45Colt.

I have sell my PPS and LCR before I get in a hurry for another gun:(

sweet-3_zpsdgtggpb5.png

I like the model 25's! .45 ACP Is pretty much the only auto caliber wheel gun I'd be interested in! Some envy going in here with the OP's Smith, I don't mind the stocks on it!
Handsome revolver!

Of course there is always the Ruger Blackhawk in Dual cylinder 45ACP/45Colt (does we Really need to say 45 Long Colt nowadays, most folks never even seen a 45 Short Colt bullet!

I love my 7 1/2" Ruger, it is the Old Three Screw Model, Not Converted....

I may have Ruger convert it someday, but I just do Not like it out of my sight!

When it Barks, something goes Down, THUMP.

philip, It needs a ~Hunting Style~ Shoulder holster, if anyone know a good brand.... Thanks!

philip

So i wanted to be a smartass and say something about 15+1 of a pistol will always beat a revolver.

However aftet seeing that video I'm just going to STFU and be huble about my plastic guns.

After my Ruger and Charters, I'm pretty much done with DA revolvers,
but a S&W in .45 ACp might make me change my mind.

I've always liked the .45 Nightguards.

I've got a NG and absolutely love it. It's big but pretty light and it handles the .45 ACP cartridge superbly. It's also extremely accurate. I easily ring steel with it at 50 yards all day (at least single action, it is more of a handful in DA). Moonclips are handy and fast and not a problem at all with the right tools.

In a steel N frame, I'm partial to my 4" 629 with my handloads.

Neat revolver!

Absolutely love the "old" Smiths (hammer mounted firing pin and no key lock in the frame).

The big N-frame guns in 45ACP are just great. Reloads with moon-clips and bullets with 230gr RN profile can be done very quickly.

Not sure why someone would have polished the screws, latch and hammer trigger, but not the end of the world. Might check out Eagle Grips for some GREAT vintage look/style coke bottle grips. If you want to shoot fast in matches look no further than Jerry Miculek's own grips.

For powder-puff loads check out Berrys 185gr RN hollow base bullets. They have the same "pointy" profile of the 230gr RN bullets for faster reloads but are lighter and don't have the 230gr ball recoil.

If you're interested in smooting up the action to make the revolver "perfect" check out thegunsmith.com best Smith revolver guy there is. If you're interested in checking out his work, I'm in Salem too and always to meet up for a bit of "show'n'tell."

25s are a target gun. I use 5.6 grains 231 behind a 200 grain lswc and it's just a joy to shoot. Killed my first deer with a handgun useing a hot loaded autorim and a 225 grain hollow point in my 25. Lots if guns have more power but I have never shot one that shoots straighter than a 25.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top