JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Taurus may be new ownership but the coalition has been brewing for many years. I have a Rossi 851 in 38 special made 7 or so years ago By Taurus in Brazil. I really cant speak much on Rossi's behalf since I have had only one, but this gun pares with similar S & W's with fit finish and function. . .If mine had, or even has the imperfection that it takes a heavy blow to the hammer, I doubt I would respond to the recall since today, the time, paperwork, transfer punishments, and fees, produce a gall I cant swallow and would linger for some time. Maybe more importantly, I don't CC carry it, and I like it.
Most guns ever made that were primed and loaded, up to modern times (and beyond) are prone to fire under duress from one sort or other. I doubt much sleep was lost, , or companies like Colt blamed, or anyone even entertained the idea to sue for a dangerous and negligent product, :eek: the Colt SA, and then have it recalled or banned from sale.
Instead, everyone with full faculty or at least a modicum of common sense, just left a chamber empty.
I don't know the actual burr causing the Rossi recall but if the fault parallels the Colt single action in a mechanical origin, criticism of company and product would be unfair and disingenuous in my mind.
Tbh, I got my blackhawk so I could load each chamber.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top