JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Weird post title aside, I was stripping down my new Colt 1911 to get familiar with it as I do all my new guns and it smelled just like one of those scented pinecone bags you'll find at every grocery and department store during the holidays. Got it all over my hand so now I smell like Christmas, too. Anyway, does anyone know what lube this is? I'm going to guess it's Lucas "extreme gun oil" since the box came with an ad for such suggesting "used and recommended by Colt" but I'd like to know for sure if anyone can tell me.
I get the same enjoyment from hoppes #9

Back a year later, with a brand new Springfield Armory TRP 1911 in my hand a OOOOHHHHH YESSS it also has the wonderful, amazing Christmas smell. I just HAVE to know what these gun makers are using. Maybe I'll give both Colt and Springfield a call and see what they have to say about this. Just can't find the right thing on my own, despite some good suggestions in this thread...

Back a year later, with a brand new Springfield Armory TRP 1911 in my hand a OOOOHHHHH YESSS it also has the wonderful, amazing Christmas smell. I just HAVE to know what these gun makers are using. Maybe I'll give both Colt and Springfield a call and see what they have to say about this. Just can't find the right thing on my own, despite some good suggestions in this thread...
I don't know if any gun mfg's are using it, but in the past year I tried some clenzoil and sure does smell like "christmas" to me. Very "piney", a little sickly sweet/flowery kinda christmas tree type scent. Possibly?

I don't know if any gun mfg's are using it, but clenzoil sure does smell like "christmas" to me. Very "piney" christmas tree type scent. Possibly?
Definitely more of a cinnamon, "spicy" smell. Almost identical to the scented pinecones you'll find in the red bags all over the stores during holidays.

I'll have to contact a few manufacturers and see what they say. So far I've only had two guns with this smell, both at this time of year and both American made 1911s...

Apparently the guy at the top thinks G96 smells like Christmas, so I think you may have a winner there. Gonna have to find me a bottle/can.

Screenshot_20231205-222638.png

Definitely record phone calls to customer service.

"How can we help you sir?"

"Umm, yes, I'm looking for the Christmas gun smell you put on my blaster?"

"Uhhhh…."

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR