JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like to say things like they are spelled. My wife hates it when I say "kwin-oh-a" for Quinoa which for some weird reason is supposed to sound like "keen wah".

WHUT?? I know what "kwin-oh-a" is. What's "keen wah"? Never seen it.

OCD
When someone talks about a muzzle break, I know what they're writing about. When they truly break their barrel, they call it kaboom, or even more aptly, "look what I survived!"
How to shay sit is a controversy, pronounced con-trov-er-see
Is it Lan-cast-er, or Lank-a-ster? Like the weather here in Oregon, drive a few miles and it will change.

OCD
When someone talks about a muzzle break, I know what they're writing about. When they truly break their barrel, they call it kaboom, or even more aptly, "look what I survived!"
How to shay sit is a controversy, pronounced con-trov-er-see
Is it Lan-cast-er, or Lank-a-ster? Like the weather here in Oregon, drive a few miles and it will change.
The one in Pennsylvania is Lank-a-ster, emphasis on the first syllable.

Anybody recognise these words?

O, dywedwch a allwch weld erbyn goleuni cynnar y Wawr beth mor falch y buom yn galw heibio i'r olaf o'r cyfnos?
Yr oedd ei streipiau eang a'i sêr disglair drwy'r frwydr erchyll, o'r mannau a wylasom yn ffrydio mor enbyd?
A glaerwyn y roced, y bomiau'n byrstio mewn aer, rhoddodd brawf drwy'r nos fod ein baner yn dal yno.
O, dyweu y mae'r Banner seren yn dyfod eto o'th wlad y rhydd a chartref y dewr?

Anybody recognise these words?

O, dywedwch a allwch weld erbyn goleuni cynnar y Wawr beth mor falch y buom yn galw heibio i'r olaf o'r cyfnos?
Yr oedd ei streipiau eang a'i sêr disglair drwy'r frwydr erchyll, o'r mannau a wylasom yn ffrydio mor enbyd?
A glaerwyn y roced, y bomiau'n byrstio mewn aer, rhoddodd brawf drwy'r nos fod ein baner yn dal yno.
O, dyweu y mae'r Banner seren yn dyfod eto o'th wlad y rhydd a chartref y dewr?

Only thanks to Google translate.

youre-entering-a-world-of-pain.jpg

As a reloader, one of my pet peeves is the mispronunciation/misspelling of the forms of the word "swage". I see and hear people talking about "swag" and "swagging" all the time. Those words are something else entirely, and have nothing to do with any reloading process.

I like to say things like they are spelled. My wife hates it when I say "kwin-oh-a" for Quinoa which for some weird reason is supposed to sound like "keen wah". Whatever. I say car-bine (where bine sounds like pine) because that's how it is spelled. If they don't want it to sound like it is spelled, change the spelling to comply with the desired sound.

(hmmm ... Having a get-off-my-lawn day apparently)
How do you pronounce "Colonel"?

Yes, though it would be interesting to actually hear it spoken as you wrote it.

I've never heard it spoken in welsh. I just read it through, though, and of course it has lost its sense of occasion and history in translation as with any translation that is literal rather than poetic.

The Welsh national anthem is equally majestic, never more so that when it is being sung in the new Milleniwm Stadium in Cardiff, the national capital, by 60 or 70 thousand Welsh rugby fans, and in particular when they are playing the E*h*i*h. The Welsh have a very large number of Cor Meibion - male voice choirs - founded mostly in South Wales during the mining era and based in the villages attached to the mines. Imagine having twenty choirs like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir - all in the same place, and singing the same tune.

Here is an example of it from 2013, when Wales totally trashed the World Rugby cup English team 30 -3.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top