JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like to say things like they are spelled. My wife hates it when I say "kwin-oh-a" for Quinoa which for some weird reason is supposed to sound like "keen wah". Whatever. I say car-bine (where bine sounds like pine) because that's how it is spelled. If they don't want it to sound like it is spelled, change the spelling to comply with the desired sound.

(hmmm ... Having a get-off-my-lawn day apparently)

Spo-can and many other PNW towns/cities are ripe for mispronunciation.

Puyallup. Sequim for example.

Dad and I were watching a game one day. Kid who went to Huskies from Pyallup then to Raiders was having a day. One of the color commentators decided to take a wack at pronouncing were the kid came from. This was before Algore invented the internet so poor guy had nothing to go by. He butchered it badly. Most watching who were not from this area probably had no idea how funny it sounded.

Dad and I were watching a game one day. Kid who went to Huskies from Pyallup then to Raiders was having a day. One of the color commentators decided to take a wack at pronouncing were the kid came from. This was before Algore invented the internet so poor guy had nothing to go by. He butchered it badly. Most watching who were not from this area probably had no idea how funny it sounded.

I remember I had been watching the series called Dark Angel -- some post apocalyptic show set in the Pacific NW. I liked it all the way up until one of the main characters pronounced Skagit County as "skag it" where skag sounds like stag (should sound like skaj-it where skaj sounds like badge).

I can see a sports announcer making a mistake live, but a recorded episode in a show where there's plenty of time and people to fact check? Not OK. That right there totally blew out my willing suspension of disbelief.

I remember I had been watching the series called Dark Angel -- some post apocalyptic show set in the Pacific NW. I liked it all the way up until one of the main characters pronounced Skagit County as "skag it" where skag sounds like stag (should sound like skaj-it where skaj sounds like badge).

I can see a sports announcer making a mistake live, but a recorded episode in a show where there's plenty of time and people to fact check? Not OK. That right there totally blew out my willing suspension of disbelief.
Nobody was going to believe that future cars were going to look like a Pontiac Aztec anyway, so... :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top