JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems like the acronyms are becoming overly "popular" on this site lately.

I only have one question. Have you guys heard about RKBA?! :s0069: :rolleyes::s0016:
No….. please elaborate (heavy sarcasm). Or is it a secret password for the club house?

IMG_2637.jpeg

To the OP, a few observations:

1. The term PDW has been around for decades, and generally refers to compact SMGs or their semi-auto variants (i.e. MP5K / SP5, TP9, etc). Changing that definition is just going to generate even more confusion in the already chaotic lexicon that is gun terminology. If you need an example of gun terminology chaos, think about "caliber", "gauge", and "bore".

2. Changing the name of something in an effort to alter the public perception of that item is a battlefield in which the anti-gunners maintain total supremacy. They've been at it a heck of a lot longer than we have, and have the backing of the mainstream media. It will take decades of concerted effort by the pro-gun community to attain the ability to push messaging like that in such a way that it sticks with the average person.

3. Facilitating change in terminology usage within the 2A (or "RKBA", as it is apparently now known) community takes a lot more than just hopping on a forum and saying "hey guys, we should call things X instead of Y". That's like trying to change the direction of a semi truck on the freeway by throwing snowballs at the side panels.

Broad-scale change takes coordination amongst a majority of influential entities within that community (which by default requires their buy-in to the concept), and years of repetition across the community in all possible channels of media and public engagement. Take for example how the anti-gunners convinced a giant segment of our population that any magazine holding more than 10 rounds is "high capacity". It didn't happen overnight - it took a continuous, coordinated effort between anti-gun activists, media, legislators, and famous personalities over several years before that term became firmly implanted in public perception.

Long story short, if you want to really push a change like this, you'll need to convince "the right people" that your idea is worthwhile. Those people tend not to have time to hang out on gun forums... they're generally too busy running pro-gun organizations, manufacturing companies, media groups, etc.

My gentler, humbler opinion. It doesn't matter what you call them, nothing which can be used against 'enemies both foreign and domestic' may be banned or confiscated. Neither can they impede training and practice. But self-defense falls under public safety which falls under Crimes and Punishment which is the purview of the States. Yet, the Eighth Amendment (and tyranny as determined by the People) prevents the States from restricting use too far.

Who knew UPS worked on Saturdays now?

My Langton modified Beretta M9A1 came back to me today. I have to say, I hate it. This trigger is ruined.

Wait, no, the trigger has ruined all OTHER triggers. HOLY BATBUBBLEGUMMINGBUBBLEGUM!!

Super, super smooth DA now. I almost wish it was DAO with how good it is. This feels as good as my S&W 29-2 that has 40 years of smoothing out on it.

I blasted a few rounds with it and it's automatically the best shooting semi-auto I have now. This makes the triggers on all my other guns worthless and they should be ashamed.
I told you that you would like it!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR