JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got you one better.

Let's just start calling them Assault Weapons.

Then the language would also be common use!

boom-stick-army-of-darkness.gif

Media always control the narrative so it doesn't matter what you want to call your firearms. They spin the lies as they want so at best I think we can ignore them and turn them off. It cost money to spread lies so they get their money from anti gun sources.

I got rid of cable TV because they lie too much, that cost them $120 a month or $1440 a year. That's how I fight back, hurt them in the wallet.

OP put me on ignore and told me to GTFO because it isn't TGIF and I wasn't deemed trustworthy enough for the OPSEC during the #blackriflesmatter meeting. I think I'll go and sulk in the corner with my MRE and watch some BBC on the WWW.

I don't use my weapons for assault purposes. I use them for defense.
The only difference is that one "extra" round in the eyes of the court.

"Why did you shoot him 12 times?"

"Because he was in my house, was a threat, refused to leave, I shot him 11 times and he continued to be a threat. I shot a 12th time, and he was no longer a threat."

If this is the case, then so be it. If, however, you walk down the hall and stick number 12 in his ear and deposit his brains all over the wall, floor, and celling, I do believe the courts would see that as assault.

Okay, try again. Multiple attackers in the home. You can't risk leaving a threat behind you as you move on to the next, so you cross the "T" and dot the "I" before moving on to the next threat.

Why didn't you retreat? "I'm in my own home damnit!"
Why didn't you shoot him in the arm? "Both arms, elbows, hands? "
Why did you shoot the perp in the head, twice? "It's my life, I'm not taking chances."

And last but not least. " Why did you shoot them in the back?"
"That's the only target the perp presented while still being a lethal threat. "

If the perp is running away from you while still shooting you had better hope that the rounds that missed you are recovered from the wall behind you and identified to the perp's gun.

You go right ahead and explain the difference between assault and defense to a court filled with people that have never had to survive life and death close quarters combat.

Don't forget the wrongful death suit brought by the family/families/ Aunts/Uncles/Cousins/Sisters/Brothers/ Children.

So, agreed, it's a very thin line between assault and defense. I'm not the one you have to convince, it's a jury of their peers.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews