Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

MSNBC Poll

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by pokerace, Mar 24, 2010.

1. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

how safe do you feel The other thread was a story(I think) hope this hasn't been postead.

2. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

3. RW-Ore

RW-Ore Oregon Well-Known Member

The most ignorant was to get rid of "all" handguns cause there evil.You or anyone will never get rid of handguns, never happen.

4. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Dang that argument ticks me off :mad:

'evil' implies an inanimate object has a soul that can choose right and wrong. A brick can be used for destruction as a weapon or it could be used to construct an orphanage. The brick doesn't care.

Same thing with a gun. A gun is a tool and nothing more. Don't give it any more credit than it deserves.

Even some of us who like guns tend to give them more credit then they deserve. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you are equipped to handle a bad situation.

Someone posted not long ago that a co-worker carried a gun but never practiced or had even shot a single round through his weapon. Just because I own a fishing pole doesn't mean I know how to catch fish.

Here endith the rant. Whew, I feel better now :p

5. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

6. FreshAir

FreshAir Washington Member

79.5% positive :D .......love it

7. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

What cracked me up was the retired Jersey officer that was explaining, less people should have guns so when he shows up to a crime scene it doesn't take longer to sort out who is armed and who the bad guys are......glad he's retired. Apparently our liberty needs to come at the expense of making his job easier, never mind the fact that more law abiding citizens actually make his job easier.

8. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

CMON! I put black micarta stocks on my gun and load it with Flying Ashtrays. I want it to be evil. I like to think that it's evil.

9. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Interesting comments on that poll.

Some people are just plain ignorant.

10. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

The anti gun people should have to wear signs, so if anything happened to them no one would waste any ammo saving an idiot

11. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

Word spreads fast. This is all over the internet. WITH FAVORABLE RESPONSE. :thumbup:

12. thatkidwho

thatkidwho Lynnwood, Wa New Member

The pro-gun and anti-gun comments have one thing in common, fear. The difference is who they fear. The pro-gunners fear a direct violent situation. The anti-gunner fear an accidental situation. What are the likely chances of either happening? I don't know but I have read more stories about people being killed from a directed attack than an accidental shooting, especially one during where someone was defending themselves.

13. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I see your point and generally agree, however, that last statement is arguable...

Legal carry is our constitutional right, but it doesn't really make a LEO's job easier...

14. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

It's getting better!

15. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

I just went in and read some of the comments and have decided we have a lot of wimps and sheeple in the US.It was all I could do not to take each one of the idot's remarks and answer them.I had to get out of there before I blew.

16. Ravenous

Ravenous West Linn, OR Member

I have often thought this myself!

17. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Liberals are mentally ill people who project what they would do with a gun onto sane, reasonable gun owners

18. bugeye

bugeye Oregon Well-Known Member

A Michael Savage quote, always useful to show how fee of mental disorders one is, ha.

Actually the whole poll is crazy, you need to make the language used in poll questions neutral as possbile, this one leads like crazy. I don't know why anyone would be surprised that some people feel threated by armed people.

19. fingolfen

fingolfen Oregon Member

Notice those in favor is running 5:1 ahead of those "afraid" - yet the comments on the page are roughly 50:50... HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

20. Ravenous

Ravenous West Linn, OR Member

I forgot my login and didn't want to register for newsvine again.