JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Not sure I want to live in a place called Boring! Who named the place anyway? A teenage kid?

Sounds like Gresham is to be avoided.

Will check out the leatherworker. I just may have some jobs for him!

If you want to be on the east side, but not in Gresham or Boring, you can also try: Clackamas, Happy Valley, Damascus (just next to Boring), Troutdale - a little further south you have Milwaukie, Gladstone, Oregon City, Canby, Willamette and West Linn. If you want to be out of it a bit more, there's always Eagle Creek and Estacada - both are right along the Clackamas river, near Milo McIver state park - and nice and close to Douglas Ridge Rifle Club. Might be a bit of a longer commute, but you'd be much more insulated from the influences of Portland. I'm in Oregon City myself and work in Portland near downtown. My commute is about 30 minutes one way.

I don't get it. Why do you have to be liberal? Guess I'm just not much of a talker between the sheets...

xmasvegan.jpg

This was in downtown Portland last year. See what we're talking about?

Not sure I want to live in a place called Boring! Who named the place anyway? A teenage kid?

Sounds like Gresham is to be avoided.

Will check out the leatherworker. I just may have some jobs for him!

Boring is the name of the family that founded the place back in the 1800's. It's in Clackamas County, where you can open carry loaded, and it's about 30 minutes from skiing, 20 minutes from deer hunting, 10 minutes from salmon fishing, and you can shoot in your back yard, or head over to Douglas Ridge in 10 minutes. The Memaloose Road target shooting area in the Mt. Hood National Forest is about 20 minutes out. Boring is officially a village, not a city, so there are a lot less restrictions on your every day life than some other places.

There's a place called Oregon Leather Company in downtown Portland that carries bulk leather, belt blanks, rivets, snaps, buckles, lacing, and every leather tool imaginable, as well as finished leather goods. You might want to check them out.

shooter from the Midwest, and I will be moving to Portland.

You poor basturd.

If you are a healthy, well adjusted, self-confident, heterosexual male, you will be in the minority.
Take a stroll through Waterfront Park and you can spy every kind of whacko known, try the same thing at Peninsula Park in NE Portland on a sunny afternoon and if you dig seeing 2 dudes in thongs laying cheek to cheek "sun bathing" you're a good fit, if not, well.........you might consider a suburb.

I don't know. When I visited Portland, I saw plenty of hot women in the downtown area. They smiled at me flirtatiously as they walked by. Sure, some people like me, we've just got it, but now I can understand a bit more deeply -- too many gay dudes. That's OK. Live and let live, that's what I say. But that also means I will have the heavy burden of taking care of all these lonely hot ladies. I hope they like leather.

I don't know. When I visited Portland, I saw plenty of hot women in the downtown area. They smiled at me flirtatiously as they walked by. Sure, some people like me, we've just got it, but now I can understand a bit more deeply -- too many gay dudes. That's OK. Live and let live, that's what I say. But that also means I will have the heavy burden of taking care of all these lonely hot ladies. I hope they like leather.

That's the attitude!

:s0155:

I'm so, so, sorry to burst your bubble but...

Portland is known for having more of two things per capita than anywhere else in the country.

The first is a definite positive in that we have golf courses out the ying yang, and many of them are very, very good. The quality level runs from championship courses to literally pasture pool, and it's all good.

The second thing that Portland has in abundance, and here is where I need to break the painful news to you, are strip clubs. You might have heard of the series Portlandia, well, the area is also known as Striplandia. This may or may not be a positive based on your personal beliefs, but where this relates to you is the fact that all those hot, friendly women downtown were simply trying to flirt you into the club they were working at. The general rule of thumb is that if she is downtown and hot she is a stripper (or possibly lost).

As an anecdote I have hosted several contractors from outside the area, and the question usually comes up after a short while "I've been here two days now and haven't seen any women - where are they?" I then have to explain that "those are the women" and then get the incredulous "How do you tell them apart from the men?". The fact is that most of the "gay" guys you saw weren't two guys at all, but a guy and one of the local women who doesn't work in the strip clubs. Just because she needs a quick touch up shave doesn't mean you should embarrass her and make her feel self conscious.

The fact is that it costs a buck or two per five minute song to look at an attractive woman in Portland. You are better off looking a few miles away for a nice country gal. Most of them even look like women.

Just because someone makes a difficult employment choice, it doesn't mean she doesn't have the regular human wants and desires. Strippers need love, too! Who am I to deny hot women the five minutes in paradise I can give them?

Closed

6. Inappropriate language and conversation is prohibited.

This community is open to all ages, and every member is responsible for helping us maintain a family-friendly image. This includes swear words, innuendos, etc. whether they're spelled outright or designed to avoid the inappropriate language filter (such as d$#@!). Everything posted on this website reflects back on each and every one of us gun owners.

7. Distasteful material is prohibited.
Distasteful material is material found to be objectionable because it is in poor taste, inappropriate, or unethical.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads