JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
but, DO TELL the details.... name and location of the pertinent establishments. Name, at the least, the telephone book could well provide the rest.

Telephone book? I'd forgotten about those. :D Do they still have them? :D

Google maps will pinpoint the spot and give you driving directions. :D

It's weird because I have always heard bad things about SM but I have been going there for over 20 years without having a bad opinion myself. They always act nice to me and are helpful. If they don't have something I want they will even send me somewhere else that has it. They will wheel and deal on the prices too.

I think it's like someone said earlier, it's all about what kind of B.S. they think they can get away with. I was in S-M one time and a customer (from Medford, I believe) asked about other gun stores in town. The employee said they were "the ONLY store in town". Another customer asked "what about Mazamas and the Baron's Den". The employee replied, "Mazamas is fine if you want to buy a STOLEN gun, and the Baron's Den is just a range, but they do have some of their used (range guns) for sale sometimes". Other times I've been in S-M and heard the same guy say, "you might check with Mazamas or Baron's Den" when they didn't have what the customer was looking for.

Telephone book? I'd forgotten about those. :D Do they still have them? :D

Google maps will pinpoint the spot and give you driving directions. :D

that may be true, but without an address, easily gotten from a phone book once I have the NAME, those silly online maps are worthless. Most times, their driving directions are silly (or flat wrong), and hard to follow. Give me a name for a starting place, and with a phone book I get the address... then use an old fashioined paper map and get there quickly and easily.
Those driving directions always want an address for a starting place.... usually MY house. Well, I don't want THEIR directions all the way from Olympia. Let me get close, usually cause I'm going somewhere else nearby, then I'll work out what's between there and the desired place.
Google ARE better than Yahoo, Mapquest, the others.... but I've still had them send me wrong. Streets that don't go through, streets with stop signs/signals every block, streets that are very congested, and sometimes streets that do not even exist. Other times, they do not show streets that DO exist.

Nah, gimme paper.

geeze lol. Seriously screwed up stuff there. I guess I have been lucky or they for the most part don't think they can B.S. me. I am happy most of the time no matter which employee it is. I don't even mind Marv or sometimes I prefer him and from what I have heard I may be a minority on that one.

I like the store and even Marv, you just gotta know what to expect and how to deal with them. Sometimes you just gotta shake your head and walk away.:s0114:

S&M is for Starvin Marvins but some guys feel like Marvs crew treats them in a sadomachistic way:D. Marvin knows his guns but the guys he hires are just sales people or wannabes in the gun world. Last gun I bought from him was a Smith 625 mountain gun in 45acp when they first came out. He always seemed to get new guns others couldn't.

He used to keep a pit bull behind the counter that would come after you if your reached behind it, funny stuff.

Mazama was in the Valley River mall and paid too much rental to have low gun prices. They might have been down town before that.

Ace Buyers is someone I have bought alot of guns from and they are in Eugene.

jj

S&M ? I have bought many guns and assorted stuff at S&M I don't have a problem if Marv is feeling funky and it sounds like he is talking crap to you give him the same he seems to like it.I think you people that talk down about S&M need to grow up and gain a little self esteem cause your not special.I'm not and I know Marv isn't we get along just fine cause were not looking for anything extra from each other.

I agree. Marv is OK, a gruff type who has a thick skin.

Though it is interesting advice; telling folks to develop a little self esteem, cause they're not special...

Come on, Tac, details, please? I'm a great fan of top hole fish and chips, and chocolate. Did someone mention fine chocolate?

oh, and someone else mentioned great beer.

What, you guys trying to start a lemming march er sumpin?

but, DO TELL the details.... name and location of the pertinent establishments. Name, at the least, the telephone book could well provide the rest.

Already done it, but hey, Im a friendly bear, me - so here it is again...

'That would be Newman's fish market on Willamette Street about 16th.'

As for the chocolates, you'll have to find them yourself - mrs tac says she's keeping it a secret from me to save me.

tac, stuck in yUK

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads