JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like the Karate Kid stealing Mr. Miagi's fly?
Kinda, but fly's are a lot easier.
Any ho-dad with a swatter will eventually bop a fly, but go ahead, try catching a moth in flight.
Guaranteed to make you look like a complete idiot.
It is said that the wobbly flight path they take is actually evolution's way of helping the species survive.

Kinda, but fly's are a lot easier.
Any ho-dad with a swatter will eventually bop a fly, but go ahead, try catching a moth in flight.
Guaranteed to make you look like a complete idiot.
It is said that the wobbly flight path they take is actually evolution's way of helping the species survive.

Until the porch light was invented.

Steven's 200 (mine is a tack driving .243 Win. With a Hogue recoil pad and a Rifle Basics trigger. $259 new and outshot the now departed Sako A7)
And the Marlin XL7. (Also was $259 new in .270 Win, accurate, reliable and lightweight. Box stock with a Nitrex 3-9X scope)
Both of these shoot sub MOA and make me wonder why I spent the money on the Model 70 and Ruger Hawkeyes.

The most underrated pistol for me is the S&W SD40. Though the trigger is less than impressive, that thing shoots amazingly accurate. Another underrated pistol would be Hipoint C9. It will shoot pretty decent as long as you can control the trigger.

I don't think Korth's are underrated as much as they are relatively unknown. Exquisite pistols!

9jKsZ9IYDj3Ptxdp3m60GZO6tonvbdGlqfPMzDmH5jU.jpg

I call mine my Pythons. After further research and comparing them to other options such as a Python the Korth was my grail revolver of choice. Hard to call them underrated because anyone who knows about them I receive nothing but praise. The fact that I ended up with two is another story.

The Korth and firearms like the Korth is the reason I spend so much time on forums such as this. Hardly a chance in hell I would come to find out about something like this at my LGS, local gun show, or the range I frequent. Gems like the Korth, Freedom Arms, and Standard MFG are a small sample of reasons I frequent forums like this. I may not be that capable but that doesn't mean I can't find joy from firing gems such as these. It maybe the Indian and not the arrow but that doesn't mean a tenderfoot such as I is so bad I can't recognize and enjoy the finer things in life.

Korth Mongoose 357 9mm Korth 1969b 22LR.jpg

Last Edited:
CZ-75 series handguns...

2075 RAMI sub-compact
CZ-75 Compact
CZ-75 B
CZ-75 D
CZ-75 P-01 compact (adopted by NATO and is NSN engraved) also has omega and tactical variants
CZ-75 SP-01 Full size (safety or decocker variants, and tactical variants)
CZ-75 SP-01 Phantom (polymer frame full size)
CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow (competition)
CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow 2 (competition/race)
CZ-75 tactical sport (competition)
CZ-75 TS Czechmate (high end competition)

All of those and their variants will take the same full size magazines (obviously a sub compact magazine won't fit in a full size gun, but a full size mag will fit in a sub compact and a compact ;) ), same holsters, etc.

All are reliable and accurate right out of the box.

Hard to call something which disappears as fast as they become available underappreciated. It certainly seems at least the 9mm version of the CZ Tactical Sports Orange always disappeared fairly quickly whenever they became available on gunbroker. In fact the last couple of weeks is about the first time I looked when so many lasted as long as they have. I've seen nothing but extremely favorable reviews of this gun. When anything that is typically compared to something that cost about twice as much as it does and compares so favorably it's extremely hard to call that item underrated.

I've also seen a few forums were CZ are all the buzz. I think the only underrated thing about these are the fact that don't sell them at my LGS. Heavy may not be the current fad but within the gun community I've seen nothing but favorable comments about these guns.

CZ Tactical Sports Orange 9mm A.JPG

Andy,

I never owned one of them but I did know some guys on other long gone forums who loved shooting and hunting with them.

Disclaimer: I never personally owned a shotgun. I thought about getting one on and off over the years though.

I like the simplicity and looks of side by side shotguns and over/under shotguns too. And if I ever got a shotgun which I DOUBT that I ever will... it will be a sxs or an o/u one. A .410 bore (Caliber?) or a 20 gauge.

Cate
Find a chance to put a Beneli 20Ga. up to your shoulder. You'll love it.

I am sure I will get flamed for this by the snobs..........

Hi Point C9 is pretty under rated.

- P

View attachment 619745

Interesting suggestion, and not entirely disagreeable. Is it a great gun? I'd say no. It's far too bulky, and heavy for what its caliber/capacity. Single action, striker fired is also somewhat questionable to me (but that may be personal bias).

At the same time, it also doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the Bryco/Jennings/Jimenez family simply because it's actually durable and reliable, if nothing else.

Interesting suggestion, and not entirely disagreeable. Is it a great gun? I'd say no. It's far too bulky, and heavy for what its caliber/capacity. Single action, striker fired is also somewhat questionable to me (but that may be personal bias).

At the same time, it also doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the Bryco/Jennings/Jimenez family simply because it's actually durable and reliable, if nothing else.

I agree
Looks, weight, and ease of takedown come in last place, or close. Dependability, ruggedness, and good shooting is a strong point.

Just thought I would give a post about a true underdog.

- P

I agree
Looks, weight, and ease of takedown come in last place, or close. Dependability, ruggedness, and good shooting is a strong point.

Just thought I would give a post about a true underdog.

- P

Gee, almost makes me wonder Why Oh Why I haven't purchased one.

Looks, weight, and ease of takedown come in last place, or close.

Oh, yeah now I remember why.:D

I think it's earned the response it's getting and it fits it's niche rather well.

I had a stallard 9mm blow back pistol
Reminded me more a brick than a handgun. It was heavy. I believe it was the forefather of the hi point. I did not like or trust that gun.

Hard to call something which disappears as fast as they become available underappreciated. It certainly seems at least the 9mm version of the CZ Tactical Sports Orange always disappeared fairly quickly whenever they became available on gunbroker. In fact the last couple of weeks is about the first time I looked when so many lasted as long as they have. I've seen nothing but extremely favorable reviews of this gun. When anything that is typically compared to something that cost about twice as much as it does and compares so favorably it's extremely hard to call that item underrated.

I've also seen a few forums were CZ are all the buzz. I think the only underrated thing about these are the fact that don't sell them at my LGS. Heavy may not be the current fad but within the gun community I've seen nothing but favorable comments about these guns.

It was a reply to the post I quoted as he asked to name another gun other than glock that could meet the conditions he posted, and the CZ can ;)

Beat me to it. I had over 11k through my P89 with barely a hiccup.

Rifle: The cheap-o Scavages that Bi-Mart sells for $179 are amazingly accurate.

Shotgun: Stevens "insert model here". I have 3 of them. Dirt cheap, lousy fit and finish but they just go bang when need be.

My Stevens has nice fit and finish ,it is 50 years old steel receiver tight action and never fails. Built by savage. I would pick it over most new shotguns .with the exception of big buck models.

The High Standard 'Sentinel' .22s are highly underrated.

They are actually very well built, ahead of their time for design (one being no screws for assembly except for the grip screw) and reports of near target accuracy with them.

I own a 6" gen R-103 (fairly early) and while a bit 'rough' it never fails to perform.

Last time I looked up Mk.1 Sentinel's on-line, a bunch were for sale and every one those bastards were like $400 apiece....trust me, they are WELL appreciated! :mad:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews