JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What was the most laughable pricetag/object you saw at the gunshow?

For me it was a lightly used Fullsize HK USP .45 with standard sight for $950.

Were there any other gems like that that I didn't see?

What was the most laughable pricetag/object you saw at the gunshow?

For me it was a lightly used Fullsize HK USP .45 with standard sight for $950.

Were there any other gems like that that I didn't see?

A guy was selling Finnish M39s for $450+. I liked the guy and he was quite knowledgeable, but you can get those guns for under $300 with shipping online. He did have an unissued Tikka for $619, which is pretty steep but also a very rare Finnish MN. I can't rag on him too much because those Finnish M39s are a lot harder to find now and the price has certainly climbed, but 50% over a shipped price is a bit much.

The funniest thing I saw was as I was leaving the show. I stopped at the security table to have them taked the zip tie off of my SP101. There were two uniformed security guys there, I think they were Portland Police, and there was a guy sitting right behind them in their little area working on a laptop. Laptop guy gets up and walks off. One security guy turns to the other and says "Do you know who that guy was?". Other security guy says "No.". There's some crackerjack security for ya. :s0114:

I saw the previously mentioned guy selling finnish mosins for ridiculous prices. I saw a mosin 91/30 hex reciever Unmatching numbers beat up and imported by CAI so it had the ugly new info scribed into the reciever. The guy had put a russian PU scope kmockoff and mount on it and was calling it a 91/30 sniper. It was a $100 gun with a $250 scope and mount knockoff with a price tag of $699!

I like the guys with beanie babies and wind chimes filling up the whole table. Becasue everybody knows you go to a gunshow to score on beanie babies. duh.

Dude you forgot about the guy who sells fake kittens curled up in a basket. I actually got set up next to him onetime in Puyallup, and when customers would come around the corner, they would skip our whole half a block, becasue they would think I was with him, and I had good stuff, guns and ammo and grips.!!! I asked to never get set up next to them again. It kinda makes the gunshow look cheap when they do that. That wasn't so laughable that time.

Ohh Ya, the fake kittens. How could I have fogotten those GEMS. WHY OH WHY are those even AT A GUNSHOW???? Unless people buy them for TARGETS!!!!! (No real kittens were harmed in the typing of this post.)

Ya, all that NON GUNSHOW junk makes the whole show look cheap. At least at the Portland show MOST of the non gun junk is one one side of the building, and the GOOD stuff is on the other....

I was at a gun show in Kansas City a month ago and they had a booth, I am not making this up, where you could hire exotic dancers for your next party. These gals were wearing clothes that left very little to the imagination. One of them walked by a booth with a bunch of boy scouts selling popcorn and jerky and you could hear their jaws hit the floor. :s0114:

Yes Targets! I just figured out why they sell them. I never got that before.

Now for the jewlery. I have bought a $1000 rifle at the show before. Then buy my wife a $20 piece of jewlery, and give that to her first thing when I get home, and while she is looking in the mirror, I sneak the new gun in the side door. So we need to keep the jewlery people there, to help me to get my guns in the house.

Hey now, what a GREAT ploy to get the wife to NOT be mad about us buying a new gun! I will have to use that one next time!

You are right, we must keep the costume jewelry people in business for that reason alone!

Yes Targets! I just figured out why they sell them. I never got that before.

Now for the jewlery. I have bought a $1000 rifle at the show before. Then buy my wife a $20 piece of jewlery, and give that to her first thing when I get home, and while she is looking in the mirror, I sneak the new gun in the side door. So we need to keep the jewlery people there, to help me to get my guns in the house.

Good idea, I tried something similar with one of the exotic dancers from one of the previous post but my wife refused to try on the boy scout.

I like all the mall-ninja tacticool guys that show up in full fatigues. Not commenting on actual soldiers who were walking around, just the wannabes.

I know that in every social situation, the relative ration of idiots stays the same, but dang we have some funny looking people who show up at these things...

Cashman center show (Las Vegas) not to long ago had an anime convention on the other side of the partition. All these kids were running around in there cartoon costumes with light sabers and plastic swords talking about how the world needed to be less violent. I'm thinking arent you all here to oogle over violent cartoons?

My biggest gripe is always being set up next to some guy with a booth full of stun guns that feels he needs to hit the zap button five hundred times an hour all day.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top