JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I talked to that guy too. I asked about the lb of Re17 he had with the $26.99 Xed out in pen, $35.00 Xed out in pen and $40.00 written on the tag.
I asked him, "what's up w/that??"
He gave me some schpiel about having to bring it in from Canada, as there is NONE in the US.
I chuckled as I left.

Today I bought a one pound bottle of Triple 7 - it cost me $61.05.:eek:

Yup, I live in UK.:(

tac

At the PDX show this last weekend i saw a guy get arrested just as i was leaving,2 officers were swapping his bracelots then he shook the officers hand as they loaded him into the cruiser.
RK

one reason for less per year is the expense for the dealers. It isn't cheap to have a table at the gun show. That expense is passed on the consumer. when there is a show every month the expense adds up and sales goes down because why buy now, i will get it at the next show. Why go to the dealers shop when i can just wait for the next show.

all of this adds to the prices of the guns. when the shows are every 3 months there is time to recoup the costs of a shop, and people have more money to spend at the show.

They used to have gun shows 3-4 times a year. Now they're every month. I wonder if the frequency will drop once the current "guns are going away!" scare dies down.

I don't understand the logic of some vendors. I believe the table cost is about $80 for the show. Additionally, your time is worth something and you need to cover 20 hours or so. And parking.

I can understand someone like Keith's or that tactical AR-15 parts guy from Vancouver - though I still wonder if a gun show is the best use of their time. And some people are looking for exposure - for example, the fudge vendor probably benefits from advertising besides whatever's sold.

But I see other guys who haul the same damn junk from show to show. Their tables are little more than a flea market. How much of that do they really sell? For some of those guys, it wouldn't surprise me if they're actually losing money and don't know it.

Or losing money and ok with it because it is what they do...

I would guess that the people with the rummage sale type tables likely get that stuff for next to nothing. Selling something is money in their pocket (after expenses). There is a table that I have seen off and on for YEARS where the guy has several three foot tall boxes full of what appear to be surplus holsters. I wonder if he bought them in a lot at an auction or sompin'.

At the PDX show this last weekend i saw a guy get arrested just as i was leaving,2 officers were swapping his bracelots then he shook the officers hand as they loaded him into the cruiser.
RK

That reminds me...the most amazing thing I ever heard at ANY gun show was: "STOP, THIEF!"

Some kid at a gun show back in ~1990 in Eastern Michigan grabbed a gun from a table and tried to run out of the building with it. The dealer shouted "STOP THIEF!" and every head in the room turned to look at the kid running down the aisle.

Easily the dumbest crime I've personally witnessed. A half-dozen police officers/sheriff's deputies on duty, probably the same browsing off-duty, event security, not to mention a couple hundred gun freaks, some percentage of which are typically ex-military...

Kid didn't make it very far.

I get a kick out the goth guys with black trench coat walking around like they just walked out of the matrix or something

but the funniest thing was back during the 94 ban i took a preban colt sporter ar15 with me to a show and it had benn upgraded with colt M4 upper and stock and a guy behind a table tried to convince me that it was only worth $300 and he would be doing me a favor to take it off my hands at that price

Actually, the funnest part of the gun show was Joey saying "I haven't seen you guys in forever!" And Adrian responding with "That's because you're just a flake. :D" And the other Joe saying "Haha, you're getting called out."

the funniest part of the gunshow, was the gunshow. I was walking around the jerky stand and the air soft guns wondering where the room was with the guns and good deals were, turns out it was in the same room. Then I began to realize I could have paid the 15 bucks or whatever I paid to get in, to rent the second season of One Tree Hill, bought a six pack of Mikes Hard Lemonade, throw on my Snuggie and have a kick *** time.

the funniest part of the gunshow, was the gunshow. I was walking around the jerky stand and the air soft guns wondering where the room was with the guns and good deals were, turns out it was in the same room. Then I began to realize I could have paid the 15 bucks or whatever I paid to get in, to rent the second season of One Tree Hill, bought a six pack of Mikes Hard Lemonade, throw on my Snuggie and have a kick *** time.

I have this vision of a man in an NRA cap wearing a concealed .45 under his Snuggie.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top