JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My biggest gripe is always being set up next to some guy with a booth full of stun guns that feels he needs to hit the zap button five hundred times an hour all day.

Years ago, I worked a booth at the ShotShow for Hodgon Powder co. There was a guy in the booth behind us that was selling diaphram turkey calls that I wanted to kill about half way thru the first day. :pound:

My biggest gripe is the idiot selling these "made in China", Tacti-cool stun lights that you mount on any firearm with their universal mounting system. Every 'up and coming Mall Ninja Probate' has to test the strobe effect in your direction.

As for the Beenie babies.... I hate them, but when I was a young father and would go to a Gun Show with my 18 month old daughter, I would splurge and get her one of the discount ones. She still has and will be 15 in JAN, one of those beenie babies. I was at an Easter dinner one year and my daughter didn't want to go home, she proclaimed out loud and to the shock of all the mothers there, "I want to go to a Gun Show". She had just turned three when that happened. So in support of the young fathers out there who brave going to gun shows with their young child(ren) keep one or two of the beenie baby tables. It does pay dividends.

SF-

My biggest gripe is always being set up next to some guy with a booth full of stun guns that feels he needs to hit the zap button five hundred times an hour all day.

Years ago, I worked a booth at the ShotShow for Hodgon Powder co. There was a guy in the booth behind us that was selling diaphram turkey calls that I wanted to kill about half way thru the first day. :pound:

Holy crap you just made me remember the single biggest annoyance at a show for me EVER. A guy with moose calls was set up just accrossed the row from us. He would blow on this long black tube all day until he ran out of air then would go to hand calls. I was swallowing Exedrin all day.

Holy crap you just made me remember the single biggest annoyance at a show for me EVER. A guy with moose calls was set up just accrossed the row from us. He would blow on this long black tube all day until he ran out of air then would go to hand calls. I was swallowing Exedrin all day.

You couldn't just shoot the bistard, and then claim you thought he was a moose? :s0155:

J/K :)

well it beats being spritzed with elk urine, but not by much.

I have heard the Albany gun show allows only firearm related items to be displayed.
Maybe Collectors West should rethink the show size (smaller venue) and except only firearm related material. Also reduce the amount of shows to 4 a year?:s0155:

By the way I saw the powder sales guy trying to explain the prices to a guy that was flabbergasted with the high prices!! No he didn't buy.
Bimart has it periodically as well as primers and CCI mini mags if you are patient.

Last Edited:
I remember at the last show right before the election, there were people lined up 6 deep waiting to fill out paperwork at Keiths booths.

At last weekend's show, I wasn't there very long, but I didn't see a lot of buying going on.

By the way I saw the powder sales guy trying to explain the prices to a guy that was flabbergasted with the high prices!! No he didn't buy.
I talked to that guy too. I asked about the lb of Re17 he had with the $26.99 Xed out in pen, $35.00 Xed out in pen and $40.00 written on the tag.
I asked him, "what's up w/that??"
He gave me some schpiel about having to bring it in from Canada, as there is NONE in the US.
I chuckled as I left.

I have heard the Albany gun show allows only firearm related items to be displayed.
Maybe Collectors West should rethink the show size (smaller venue) and except only firearm related material. Also reduce the amount of shows to 4 a year?:s0155:

Bimart has it periodically as well as primers and CCI mini mags if you are patient.

I don't think that makes a bit of business sense. A gunshow is a business first and foremost. If they have the space, I like the variety of vendors.

And why would you want LESS gunshows per year?

one reason for less per year is the expense for the dealers. It isn't cheap to have a table at the gun show. That expense is passed on the consumer. when there is a show every month the expense adds up and sales goes down because why buy now, i will get it at the next show. Why go to the dealers shop when i can just wait for the next show.

all of this adds to the prices of the guns. when the shows are every 3 months there is time to recoup the costs of a shop, and people have more money to spend at the show.

Just my .02

I guess the funniest thing I saw at the Gun show this weekend is all the dealers who think the panic is still on......... Some dealers still had Century Ak's for 800.00 or more. They are wholesaling now for less than 400.00 Some dealers were still trying to get extremely high prices for ammo, too.

And these were the dealers who were complaining that it was slow..................

The funniest thing i saw was some used 25 round buttler creek plastic lips mags for 10/22, they were $25. I bought the same ones a couple months ago at bi-mart for $15. I have to wonder if some of these people live under rocks with some of the pricing they have. Some of the used crap that they carry around cracks me up. Why would you want to pack up all the stuff, pay for a space, stay at your booth all weekend, and then pack all your overpriced crap up and bring it back home? Or just have reasonable prices and sell some stuff.

primers for $10/100

That is insane. I've been at three different Bi-Marts over the past week and all have had Large Rifle primers in stock for whatever the usual price is ($3-4 per 100).

They do enforce a maximum of 4 boxes a day, but if you're reloading more than 400 rounds a day, you need to buy direct ;-)

Funniest thing I HEARD at a gun show was last weekend in Phoenix. This lady comes on the overhead speakers and says, " Guys, it is not cool to sight in your rifles .... on people. You are not in the military right now, this is a gun show. No one likes a rifle pointed at them or a red dot on thier chests. Come on people get real! ". I actually almost shot coffee out of my nose on that one.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews