JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to tell this story, I wasn't involved but back in highschool (late 90's) two friends of mine were going to the Portland expo show and one decided that he knew a back way in, and they would not have to pay the entry fee. The other reluctantly agrees and they go into the building carying a Automatic shotgun he hoped to sell. Well, it worked and they got in, but sadly it was the wrong building and they walked into the doll & teddybear show with a shotgun. The had to walk all the way to the other end to the exit and into the correct building!!! No harm done, just some embarased teenagers, scared grannys, lesson learned and a great story!

At the Albany Gun Show last year, i found a table with a bunch of milsurp for sale. Nice. There was a beautiful Mauser M48A1 which i was in the market to buy, so i asked how much. The answer: "It's not for sale."

I mean, come on, if you're going to bring guns to a gun show and put them out on a table with price tags, why add an extra one that you won't sell? Really p****d me off!

At the Albany Gun Show last year, i found a table with a bunch of milsurp for sale. Nice. There was a beautiful Mauser M48A1 which i was in the market to buy, so i asked how much. The answer: "It's not for sale."

I mean, come on, if you're going to bring guns to a gun show and put them out on a table with price tags, why add an extra one that you won't sell? Really p****d me off!

That is silly. If it was a Sharp's from the Civil War and he had it mounted with a "not for sale" sign, I could see him saying "sorry, that's not for sale, I just brought it so people could look at it because they're rare". That's cool.

But a Yugo M48?!?!? The world is lousy with Yugo M48s ;-)

I don't know what it is, but there are some gun dealers who I think don't actually want to sell their guns.

I think it's a social thing with some of these "Dealers."

They haul stuff around and pay for a table so they can be a "Dealer." If they sell anything to help pay for the table, it's a bonus for them. Maybe they buy from each other, I don't see anyone else buying at their tables.

Dang! That's over $100 more than I paid for my brand new USP.

..More than a brand new p2000 chambered in .357Sig, during the scare.

I like all the mall-ninja tacticool guys that show up in full fatigues. Not commenting on actual soldiers who were walking around, just the wannabes.

I know that in every social situation, the relative ration of idiots stays the same, but dang we have some funny looking people who show up at these things...

What is up with that, I've always wondered..
I just give them my most intense, obviously entertained stares, just to test their reactions.

Good idea, I tried something similar with one of the exotic dancers from one of the previous post but my wife refused to try on the boy scout.

Haaaaaaaa!

To contribute my own observations, I actually enjoy the sample lady who brings all kinds of candied nuts, dried fruits, etc. I've never bought anything from her, though, because I can buy super high quality stuff at a high-end store like new seasons for much cheaper than those excruciatingly high prices.

Overall, I think the show needs to charge less, or these people need to find a cheaper venue. I find it seriously hard to believe that any of these 'businesses' are operating OUT of the red.

Sounds like my table and the guy that was "helping me" was spending more time out trying to buy crap for himself than help at the table. He was dragging all kinds of bubblegum back and left me at the table alone!

Tim

The wooden carvings of ford expeditions, propeller planes and the like, on my most recent trip to cambodia I saw these exact items going for the whole take home price of $1, I think they sell them for $40 there at the gun show, amazing.

The funniest thing i saw was some used 25 round buttler creek plastic lips mags for 10/22, they were $25. I bought the same ones a couple months ago at bi-mart for $15. I have to wonder if some of these people live under rocks with some of the pricing they have. Some of the used crap that they carry around cracks me up. Why would you want to pack up all the stuff, pay for a space, stay at your booth all weekend, and then pack all your overpriced crap up and bring it back home? Or just have reasonable prices and sell some stuff.

I bought 1 butler creek and 1 eagle 30 rd mag for $50 each brand new before they were unbanned again.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top