JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It isn't about the stamps, or the revenue… it's about the registration.
Thank you! That's exactly right!

Why are 80% receivers and pistol braces (which have very rarely been used in crimes) such a hot button issue for the regime? Because receivers and braces represent freedom. They can't be tracked or traced and that scares the crap out of despots and dictators. Right now registration is not required. Why would we be so eager to register anything with an administration that is so eager them away? Why give them a list of who to target first? That's like handing them the knife to stab us in the back.

Last Edited:
Just take the brace off when you cross state lines
Maybe I misunderstand your statement but an NFA item does not change if you take a stock or brace off it.

It is marked and registered as an NFA receiver and to change it you must go through a whole new process and paper work unless you know something I don't and I will admit I do not know everything.

If I bolt a shovel on the back of a gun it becomes a buttstock.literally. it might have been designed to be a shovel but it's used as a buttstock.
So my question to you is the pitcher shows a rifle but have you ever done it to a pistol and asked the AFT for a determination letter or are you making assumptions.

Not trying to be an bubblegum but I keep hearing things are a certain way then find out later they are not.

I keep hearing at the shop I work in that machineguns and silencers are illegal and maybe they were where they came from, but Idaho they are not.

Why are 80% receivers and pistol braces (which have very rarely been used in crimes) such a hot button issue for the regime? Because receivers and braces represent freedom. They can't be tracked or traced and that scares the crap out of despots and dictators. Right now registration is not required. Why would we be so eager to register anything with an administration that is so eager them away? Why give them a list of who to target first. That's like handing them the knife to stab us in the back.
There is likely a lot of truth in that. The published numbers of firearms already scare them. If they only knew how many there "really" are, and truly represent the freedom of the people, they wouldn't get outta bed in the mornings. ;)

That's likely why there is such a big push for an AWB as well. It's not about public safety, it's a long con for control. After an AWB, handguns are next.

If they can stop all new unserialized firearms from being produced and play the long cons so all currently unserialized firearms are eventually serialized, they win!

If it was really about public safety they would be putting all their energies, media power and taxpayer $'s they are spending on anti-gun tactics toward stopping and holding criminals accountable. Oddly enough, that would have a lot more bi-partisan support and both sides of the lobby, for the most part, could stop bickering with each other.

That would be too easy and our children would be safer for it, but that's obviously not the goal.

Like I've said before, criminals are not a threat to these lawmakers and politicians, for the most part. It's the gun owners, those who have firepower, and do not use them against govt, that's their biggest fear and threat; that if the govt cannot do whatever it wishes to do without threat of gun owners fighting back....

Video on the victory yesterday shutting down ATF's final rule for frames and receivers in TX injunction against ATF enforcing their rule on the plaintiff.

Looks to me like Biden administration and gun grabbers are constantly pushing atf and other agencies to overstep their authority to control guns. Courts are reigning them back in, slowly but surely.

Last Edited:
Maybe I misunderstand your statement but an NFA item does not change if you take a stock or brace off it.

It is marked and registered as an NFA receiver and to change it you must go through a whole new process and paper work unless you know something I don't and I will admit I do not know everything.
Yup

Yes it does actually. An SBR is only an SBR when it is configured as an SBR. Take the brace off its a pistol IF it started as a pistol. Take the short barrel off and make it into a regular rifle it can travel like that. Settled law. No travel docs needed. When you get home put it back into SBR configuration again and its a SBR again.

Yeah,, Really. Thats the difference between machine guns and SBR's . Machine guns are once a machine gun always a machine gun. SBR's MUST be in SBR configuration to be SBR's. Now this part will make your ears blow out steam.. If I have an SBR and I want to sell it private party sale or even through a normal dealer I can configure it as a regular rifle or as a pistol (if it started as a bare receiver or pistol) and sell it without notifying the ATF at all. Its not an SBR unless its an SBR whether there is approved SBR paperwork on it or not. They "like" me to inform them of the sale so they can change their records but there is no law requiring it.

Where it really gets weird is the age old axiom that if it started as a rifle its always a rifle and you cant turn a rifle into a pistol...Guess what? You can in most states.

PXL_20220904_021608258 (1).jpg

Last Edited:
Yes it does actually. An SBR is only an SBR when it is configured as an SBR. Take the brace off its a pistol IF it started as a pistol. Take the short barrel off and make it into a regular rifle it can travel like that. Settled law. No travel docs needed. When you get home put it back into SBR configuration again and its a SBR again.

Yeah,, Really. Thats the difference between machine guns and SBR's . Machine guns are once a machine gun always a machine gun. SBR's MUST be in SBR configuration to be SBR's. Now this part will make your ears blow out steam.. If I have an SBR and I want to sell it private party sale or even through a normal dealer I can configure it as a regular rifle or as a pistol (if it started as a bare receiver or pistol) and sell it without notifying the ATF at all. Its not an SBR unless its an SBR whether there is approved SBR paperwork on it or not. They "like" me to inform them of the sale so they can change their records but there is no law requiring it.

Where it really gets weird is the age old axiom that if it started as a rifle its always a rifle and you cant turn a rifle into a pistol...Guess what? You can in most states
If this true and I have no reason to doubt you then I stand corrected.

I will have to look into it more as I do not want to purposefully spread mis-information.

Thank you for the correction.

I stand corrected.
For the benefit of those of us where English may not be our mother tongue... how the heck did you people come up with "stand corrected"? What exactly does it mean (I get the gist)... and... how does that differ from sit or squat corrected?

Inquiring minds....

🤣

Where it really gets weird is the age old axiom that if it started as a rifle its always a rifle and you cant turn a rifle into a pistol...Guess what? You can in most stat

I said that you can't take it across state lines configured as an SBR. Also, with the way that they had the points sheet worded I don't think that I would want to just remove the brace and have a 6 position buffer tube on it.

I said that you can't take it across state lines configured as an SBR. Also, with the way that they had the points sheet worded I don't think that I would want to just remove the brace and have a 6 position buffer tube on it.
The points sheet that hasn't actually been implemented and probably wont be given West Virginia, et al., v. Environmental Protection Agency ? That points sheet? That thing is good as dead. First legal challenge it will get thrown out. Nothing to see here.

For the benefit of those of us where English may not be our mother tongue... how the heck did you people come up with "stand corrected"? What exactly does it mean (I get the gist)... and... how does that differ from sit or squat corrected?

Inquiring minds....
I do not know the original origins of the phrase but was taught when you make a mistake you "stand proud and admit the mistake, then correct it"

Just something I have always heard from my dad and always used.

I do not know the original origins of the phrase but was taught when you make a mistake you "stand proud and admit the mistake, then correct it"

Just something I have always heard from my dad and always used.
That makes some sense. I understand the meaning of the phrase, it's just hard to figure how you can smash "stand" and "corrected" together to mean... "oops, my bad". 🤣

Just another English oddity difficult to explain/translate. Ie., sweat like a pig, raining cats and dogs, kick the bucket, etc.

Thanks!

The points sheet that hasn't actually been implemented and probably wont be given West Virginia, et al., v. Environmental Protection Agency ? That points sheet? That thing is good as dead. First legal challenge it will get thrown out. Nothing to see here.
I have wondered if they had a feeling about the Bruen case and that was the reason to push the assault weapons ban so hard to circumvent the case.

But I do not think they planed on getting slammed with the West Virginia, et al., v. Environmental Protection Agency to add insulate to injury

Just a thought

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads