JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stripped lowers and mags while you can. PSA, Aero and Primary Arms had some good sales on, Global Ordnance for steel Korean mags.

To me, there's very little difference between lower manufacturers. Some have enhancements that are nice, but don't make the $100+ cost difference worthwhile. I don't care about roll marks or anything like that. The guts of the lowers makes a huge difference.
Uppers though - that's where differences really show in design, quality, and fit/finish.

I'm an AK guy but due to Measure 114 I'm considering buying my first AR either in 5.56 or 9mm. Prices on ARs range from $400 to over $2000 and I have no idea what parts a good quality reliable AR needs to have. I saw an ad for S&W M&P 15 for just $500 but a gun store employee told me they wouldn't stabilize heavy bullets properly or something like that. My AKs seem to fire any kind of bullet reliably and with good enough accuracy out to about 150 yards. I guess I mainly want an AR in case 7.62x39 ammo becomes unavailable. Can anyone recommend some good ARs for under $1000?
Personally I sprung @$1100 for a brand new Colt. Have used the original Colts for many years with no issues.
Ruger AR5.56. 1-8 twist, plenty fast to stabilize heavier bullets. Ruger quality. The S&W btw has a 1-9 twist, which will stabilize the 62-69gr bullets as well as the 55 gr M193 "old" style bullets. I like the 1-9 personally, YMMV!
Have you looked for a used AR?

Last Edited:
1669678721213.png

Aloha, Mark

I'm an AK guy but due to Measure 114 I'm considering buying my first AR either in 5.56 or 9mm. Prices on ARs range from $400 to over $2000 and I have no idea what parts a good quality reliable AR needs to have. I saw an ad for S&W M&P 15 for just $500 but a gun store employee told me they wouldn't stabilize heavy bullets properly or something like that. My AKs seem to fire any kind of bullet reliably and with good enough accuracy out to about 150 yards. I guess I mainly want an AR in case 7.62x39 ammo becomes unavailable. Can anyone recommend some good ARs for under $1000?
If you only are wanting one I highly recommend an ar15 instead of an AR9 because you can convert a 15 to run 9 but not visa versa.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads