JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For giggles, I installed my Primary Arms vlx microprism scope on my AUG with a Sig Juliet 4 magnifier behind it.....couldn't get a clear sight picture of the reticle or the wall across the room. Like completely blurry, unusable blurry. This magnifier works great with my Meprolight RDS Pro, clear reticle magnification and clear view at distance.....am I an idiot? Do microprism scopes not work with magnifiers? If they do, whats the deal with the combo I tried? Thanks in advance...

Pic of the microprism scope......

PA-SLX-1XMP-CYCLOPS-G_00.jpg

1x6 or 1x8 LPVO is "the way."

Before those were big popular I was putting 3x9 variables on AR's because it worked, but a true (or close enough to true) 1x is nice.

Something that is the dedicated home rifle / pistol. I wouldn't bother with though and just throw a red dot on there, or a 1x prism if you prefer and be done.

For giggles, I installed my Primary Arms vlx microprism scope on my AUG with a Sig Juliet 4 magnifier behind it.....couldn't get a clear sight picture of the reticle or the wall across the room. Like completely blurry, unusable blurry. This magnifier works great with my Meprolight RDS Pro, clear reticle magnification and clear view at distance.....am I an idiot? Do microprism scopes not work with magnifiers? If they do, whats the deal with the combo I tried? Thanks in advance...

Pic of the microprism scope......

View attachment 1266646
Two items regarding stacked 'scopes: First, the front one's eyepiece must be adjusted so its reticle appears to be at infinite distance. Otherwise, the back one won't be able to get the front one's reticle in focus. If you're at all nearsighted, the reticle is probably set to appear to be fairly close and the back scope can't focus at something so close.

Second, both scopes are designed for the user's eye to be located at a particular distance behind them, said distance being known as "eye relief". That's the location of the optical point known as the "exit pupil". Every scope also has an "entry pupil" which, for the two to work together, have to be located at the same point. So spacing between the two is critical.

Finally, you mention the wall across the room is blurry. If the front scope can't focus that close, that's the result. And any blur due to misfocus is only magnified by the back scope.

It can probably be made to work if the scopes have sufficient adjustability and precise location which a Picatinny or Weaver rail's requirement of discrete positioning may prevent. But sounds like an interesting experiment to try!

Jim (old optics weenie)

One other point - with two stacked scopes, once they are set up to work, all focus adjustments will have to be made with the front one, not the back one.
Overall, sounds like a real nuisance...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads