JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trijicon wants to bend you over for theirs:

But the Vortex is significantly less. If you are anywhere near Northwest Armory they could probably help you out with the Vortex, or just buy it off Amazon

Trijicon wants to bend you over for theirs:

But the Vortex is significantly less. If you are anywhere near Northwest Armory they could probably help you out with the Vortex, or just buy it off Amazon
Does 6x make a big difference?

At 6x, 100 yards feels more like ~16 yards. So, it's good for precision stuff, or just "reaching out" - even a 300 yard shot is more like 50 yards on a 6x magnifier.

That said, 3x works for some people. Sig makes a 4x ("Juliet", I believe?).

Most folks I've talked to like the idea of a magnifier, but 3x just isn't quite enough. The sweet spot seems to be somewhere between 4x-6x for most people I've discussed it with.

Personally, my eyes aren't 20 anymore, so I prefer to be on the higher end. It's not so high that it's unmanageable, but not so weak it's unhelpful. YMMV

Depends on what you want to do. You can probably pick up an nice Vortex Strike Eagle with a quick release mount here in the classifieds for somewhere around $300-ish. Then you could hot swap the zeroed optic depending on your situation.

The MRO is known to not look like a round dot under magnification. They came out with the MRO HD specifically to magnify, although it has a ghosting diode you can see reflected in certain light. I have a regular MRO, and it looks starbursted with my old Samson 3.5x magnifier. I'm pretty interested in the new Eotech G45 5x magnifier personally. Will probably end up getting one, but my MRO will stay unmagnified

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top