JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you use 3 gun as a testing standard for what works best as an all-around optic on an AR, it's LPVO. You routinely take shots from 3 feet to as far as 400 yds, every match, and the LPVO wins. A red dot works fine for 3 feet to maybe 250 yds, and is the best option in pistol bays/typical urban distances.

That holosun green is really nice tbh. And I like that it utilizes a shake awake feature, vs always needing to turn on the eotech.
I used to have a 510c with the green reticle. It's a nice red dot, just hate how it has that deck that hangs off the back of optic and dominates the rail space on the upper. I also had a 503cu and that thing was actually pretty awesome as well.

Neither, a prism and piggybacked red dot are all you need. Bombproof setup if you go ACOG+RMR. Heck, you can get a front flip cover for the ACOG and use it as a red dot too, especially if it's the LED version. Just flip cover closed, open both eyes and boom, you have a dot.

An Eotech with flip magnifier adds weight and complexity that I don't appreciate, and Eotechs are really only worth their horrible battery life when on outings for predetermined time periods or when running night vision. Plus, I don't like relying 100% on batteries and knowing I'll likely need to use backup irons after only a month or two.
Agreed with most points on the Eotech. Also hate the lack of motac or shake awake.

The only reason they're still around is because of the few things they do right. For the average person there are much better choices with 200X+ better battery life.

Edit: and yes, they look cool. That matters more to people than performance in many cases
Cause changing a battery on a set schedule is super difficult…..

The Acog is nice. I ran them in the Marines and with a red dot on top they are pretty versatile.

Well, carrying several batteries around is an unnecessary nuisance and a dead eotech in the middle of an engagement is a very real possibility. They're great at the points I mentioned, unrivaled. Perfect glass clarity. However, the company has skated on that reputation for years without any improvements and has a shady reputation with covering up known defects.

I've never changed my Aimpoint battery, I've had my Eotech die on me several times in only a few years. Those extra batteries can and do get lost or misplaced...

Well, carrying several batteries around is an unnecessary nuisance and a dead eotech in the middle of an engagement is a very real possibility. They're great at the points I mentioned, unrivaled. However, the company has skated on that reputation for years without any improvements and has a shady reputation with covering up known defects.
You carry batteries for nods, radios, optics, lights etc…..

There is a reason a lot of military members run Eotechs. As well as aimpoints. They both have positives and negatives.

It's not like a battery is going to die on a two day op….

If you're not lazy the battery isn't an issue. I change my batteries in all my optics and WML on a regular basis. It's easy….

That whole proper preparation prevents piss poor performance thing…..

But run what you want. It won't change my mind. Haha.

It's not that, it's longevity that's my concern. I want something that can go forever with or without electricity. Most of my firearms serve no real purpose other than competition or recreational uses, so those suited for any sort of self defense are owned for the sake of the world taking a huge turd on itself. In that sense, I want something on my defensive tool that won't require said schedule or battery.

It's not that, it's longevity that's my concern. I want something that can go forever with or without electricity. Most of my firearms serve no real purpose other than competition or recreational uses, so those suited for any sort of self defense are owned for the sake of the world taking a huge turd on itself. In that sense, I want something on my defensive tool that won't require said schedule or battery.
Then buy an Aimpoint Micro T2.

Or stock up on batteries……

Or learn how to use irons…..

Last Edited:
The only way to ensure 100% reliability is irons. Anything with a circuit board has the potential to fail.

Telling others to buy something else.

I thought we were discussing the pros and cons of lvpo and Eotech. I was discussing the Eotech.
Well if Eotech isn't good enough for you go a different route. Every piece of equipment is going to have flaws. But guess what…… if you know the flaws you can prepare for them and counteract it.

Well if Eotech isn't good enough for you go a different route. Every piece of equipment is going to have flaws. But guess what…… if you know the flaws you can prepare for them and counteract it.
It's not that it isn't good enough. I just gave my opinion on the flaws. I didn't tell you what to buy or what to do. I saw that you were running a high riser and made a comment about how you likely were using it for NV use but maybe that got lost in translation? EOtech still runs supreme through many night vision devices. That is why they are still relevant. So if that is why you are running it it makes sense. Otherwise, I'm my opinion, which is what was asked for, I'd pick the lvpo.

It's not that it isn't good enough. I just gave my opinion on the flaws. I didn't tell you what to buy or what to do. I saw that you were running a high riser and made a comment about how you likely were using it for NV use but maybe that got lost in translation? EOtech still runs supreme through many night vision devices. That is why they are still relevant. So if that is why you are running it it makes sense. Otherwise, I'm my opinion, which is what was asked for, I'd pick the lvpo.
Haha. Sorry you got offended. I could care less what you buy or run. It's your money. Do what you want.

Haha. Sorry you got offended. I could care less what you buy or run. It's your money. Do what you want.
No offense. But I feel like I might have stepped on your toes a bit talking down about your choice?

Edit: Bear provided to show where it hurt!

dy-only_e74485a4-987c-42da-88f9-99899bc9f22f_1200x.jpg

No offense. But I feel like I might have stepped on your toes a bit talking down about your choice?

Edit: Bear provided to show where it hurt!

View attachment 1381602
Haha. I could care less what you think about the gear I buy or what I build. I'll continue to run Eotechs as well other optics. No need for others approval.

I just get a kick out of some of peoples excuses on things. That's all.

Haha. I could care less what you think about the gear I buy or what I build. I'll continue to run Eotechs as well other optics. No need for others approval.

I just get a kick out of some of peoples excuses on things. That's all.
Yes, yes, keep going! Show us more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top