JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@etrain16 , id agree I do like to stir the pot, but its often to get people to just think.
I see so much stuff people just take at face value that sometimes I throw it in the ring and see what sticks.
There is a method to my madness, maybe hope soon it will make sense why it is I do as I do. Sure love the group
here though, and I have to remember we may not always all agree but we are all on the same side :p
I did internship with Taku lol.

Okay, moving my reply here since that was in the wrong thread...

As for pot stirring, I think it's a good and important thing. Sometimes it takes a push to get people talking, sometimes arguing. But if it gets people engaged, then it's for the right reasons. And yes, Taku was the master pot stirrer - and I do miss him, most of the time ;)

Many fine folks here...
I have only met a few , but I hope to meet many more.
@EPS
@SKrueger
@ikemay
@KKG
Have been the members that I have met...all have been really stand up guys to say the least.
And I hope to meet up again with them soon....:D

One member here on the forum gifted me a rifle to replace one I lost in a mishap...
I have a idea or two who it was...but regardless , it is appreciated and the rifle is a great reminder for me , to not to lose my faith in the goodwill of some people....Thank you!
Another member gifted me a Bronze Membership....
Which was very nice and also extremely appreciated!

Many members here are folks who I enjoy reading their posts and sharing thoughts with...
I fear that I would take at least a "page" of computer screen to list them all....
Andy

We "old goats" don't mind offering both prayers and wisdom. Sometimes the years of experience as well as heartache and pain. Watching your own flesh die in your arms does something to you that alters your view of life. The grief is nearly intolerable. Once you recover, your life is changed forever. As the Italians put it "es fragile'" (it is fragile). Life is cheap, but death has a price.

You learn that quickly.

Last Edited:
Wow, first of all, thank you for the overly kind comments folks, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it, and not sure I'm really deserving of it :oops:

I am hesitant to call anyone out for fear that I'll forget names that should be included, but I'll take a shot at it - if I've forgotten you, please know it's because I'm not very good at this and not because I don't find great value in your presence here at NWFA - in no particular order, save for the first 3:

@Joe Link - if it weren't for Joe, working long hours, taking the financial burden and having a passion for creating a gun site, none of us would be here.
@Kruejl - one of the hardest working mods here and a damn fine guy to talk with and shoot with, also someone with a deep passion for the 2nd
@AndyinEverson - also one of the hardest working mods here as well as probably the most thoughtful and level headed people on this forum, I look forward to meeting him some day
@SKrueger - one of the most genuinely friendly people I've met here, a real asset to this forum, and, he has a sweet .308 Tikka
@Joe13 - also a great guy, genuine and friendly, definitely someone you want to get to know
@Stomper - he hasn't kicked my azz yet, so there's that, but damn, the guy has a way of putting people in their place that almost makes them thank him for the smackdown, and a genuinely nice guy - just don't tell anyone
@3MTA3 - old school 2A advocate, unwavering, solid and someone that really has a head in the fight for our rights
@Ura-Ki - a real deal bad-azz, smart, and just another genuinely nice guy - this is definitely a guy you want to have a beer with, you won't regret it
@The Heretic - we often disagree on politics, but I respect his opinions and he does make me think
@wired - also someone I don't always agree with politically, but I definitely respect those that are passionate about their views
@No_Regerts - I wish more LE's were like him, and in person, I swear every bad guy out there would drop to the ground and cry, plus he's always good for a laugh
@nammac - passionate about 2A rights, I appreciate the way he articulates his positions
@Velzey - not only a great guy, but an outstanding gunsmith, a real asset not only to our forum but to the gun owners of our area
@Caveman Jim - another badazz 2A supporter - no compromise, on target, and, a genuinely nice guy
@Oathkeeper1775 - really enjoy what you post, always hitting the nail on the head
@CoastRange57 - another solid, no-compromise 2A guy, I find a lot of value in what he has to say
@ZigZagZeke - the guy has some solid wisdom when it comes to politics and the 2A, someone I'd love to see fighting for us in Salem
@Certaindeaf - honestly sometimes I have no idea what he's talking about (didn't click), and I love it!
@Sgt Nambu - another solid 2A guy, truly all around nice guy and a cornerstone of this forum
@CountryGent and @TeacherSmurf - could there be a better NWFA couple?! CG as a new mod, is certainly appreciated and both he and TS have great things to add to the forum!
@clearconscience - always has great things to add to the conversation and a great guy in person
@albin25 - always has great things to say, solid 2A supporter and he's in Idaho, so that's good too
@v0lcom13sn0w - also has lots of great things to say and also a great guy in person, plus he has some fun toys
@308 - another solid 2A guy with lots of great things to say
@DuneHopper - guy likes to stir the pot sometimes, for good reason - he has a genuine passion to fight for the 2nd, a real asset to the site
@CamoDeafie - what would the GnG thread be without his numerous contributions??

Too many to call out by name, but I want to also recognize the faithful folks on here too - we're supposed to leave religion out of things, but there are a number of great members that never hesitate to offer a prayer, a word of encouragement when things get tough. Really appreciate that.

There are a LOT of other great folks here - people I enjoy reading, people I look forward to being on the forum. I may not always comment on everything here, but I try to get the likes out there for all the great posts. If I missed your name on this list, please don't take it personally, just too many names to remember ATM!
@etrain16 - you silver tongued devil you... Highly respect your gift for getting thoughts, organized, from your head to this medium. And once again, you've knocked it out of the park!

Okay, moving my reply here since that was in the wrong thread...

As for pot stirring, I think it's a good and important thing. Sometimes it takes a push to get people talking, sometimes arguing. But if it gets people engaged, then it's for the right reasons. And yes, Taku was the master pot stirrer - and I do miss him, most of the time ;)
Did someone say time to stir the pot lol

I would like to go and read all the post a stir the pot but .I can't I DON'T KNOW WHY . IT'S JUST RAIN but I'm on snoqumie pass and it's a mess with accedents and traffic .I had to pull over and take a break MMMMMMMM .and take my blood pressure medication lol

I would like to go and read all the post a stir the pot but .I can't I DON'T KNOW WHY . IT'S JUST RAIN but I'm on snoqumie pass and it's a mess with accedents and traffic .I had to pull over and take a break MMMMMMMM .and take my blood pressure medication lol
Be safe dude. I don't know what I'd do in my down time without your posts to decipher.

;):D

What makes you feel this way ? Its the Antis huh its ok you can tell us. :p

Take it slow, get home safe.

Time to call some of you out for stuff you post on here. You rat bastids!

@Joe13, Keep up your great attitude bro. Appreciate it, especially now when gun owners like us are being demonized.

@Kruejl, You're good people. Never change.

@Captain O, I really respect your drive to do what you want in life.

@Stomper, Your humor shows resilience when life isn't always funny.

@Ura-Ki, I'm not sure if you're as enthusiastic as your exclaimation points indicate, but I believe!

@Caveman Jim, Love your posts, we need to go fishing ASAP.

@pharmseller and @bsa1917hunter , I'm glad I'm not the only guy who appreciates an 8 twist Tikka!

@Oathkeeper1775, I like the way you think man!

@wired , You seem like a tough dude. Lots of respect.

I'll have more. Please add your own positive callouts. All of you are good people.

There are way too many good people here for me to list. I appreciate the kind words and have to say you have a great start to a good list there.

Have to say I have loved this forum since I stumbled onto it. So far only met one person here, Etrain16, Seemed like a hell of a nice guy. The LEO here who works south of me always seems like a VERY stand up Cop, we sure as hell need more of those. The recent thing where the member needed a safe and virtually over night members here came through for him still warms me to think about.

Have to say I have loved this forum since I stumbled onto it. So far only met one person here, Etrain16, Seemed like a hell of a nice guy. The LEO here who works south of me always seems like a VERY stand up Cop, we sure as hell need more of those. The recent thing where the member needed a safe and virtually over night members here came through for him still warms me to think about.

I think you're the most northern member I've met so far, and I'd echo the same of you.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top