JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Measles vaccine was created in 1963

MeaslesDeathsUSA.png
measles_ebola2.0.jpg

measles-chart.jpg

m847a2f.gif

I'd have to look up the list, but Salem Keizer public schools now require proof of vaccinations for a litany of diseases, and as I understand, no more exceptions are given.
I brought a donation to a middle school in Battle Ground and wasn't allowed past the main office due to my lack of proof of measles vaccination. I offered to show them my smallpox vaccine scar, but they were not impressed.

But... I "identify" as being immune to measles. Everyone else has to respect my feelings according to the news. o_O:rolleyes:
What, you no like being "disease fluid"?

from 2004 to 2015 cdc says about 8 people died from measles.
the VARS system that the cdc uses to keep track of adverse events related to vaccines says
that during that same time span 108 people died from a reaction to the measles vaccine,
50 % being kids;
vaccines are great until it is your child that dies;
glaxo smith kline in an inter office memo even list autism as a side effect in some of their vaccines
but yes we anti vaxers are the cooks give it a freaking rest already.
I'd like to see a copy of this memo. Otherwise it's hearsay.
I cannot imagine that they would use the broad term "autism" since it's a spectral disease.

C'mon.... this is clearly an emotional issue for anti-vac'sers.... facts don't matter. :rolleyes:;)

Well, at least I shied away from saying that only 8 people died and that it's an acceptable rate. Kinda like saying that mass shootings are the price we pay for protecting liberty with the 2A.

My thinking is that anti-vaxxers are not kooks... they are just highly sensitive people that have been swayed by emotional arguments. I think we have created generations of young parents (hover parents) that won't accept any risk... yet IMO risk is there whether one way or another.

Unlike chemtrail believers. Those people are highly suggestible (to put it nicely). BTW, I saw a picture of the inside of a supposed chemtrail plane with tanks inside of it, and it turned out to be a plane that was fitted in the 1950s for cloud/rain experimentation.

This is interesting: Harvard, Chemtrails Conspiracy Theory

The issue with vaccines, as I understand it, is the multiple vaccines that are combined together and the preservative used that's mercury based... only single dose, single purpose vaccines for my youngen...
I had vaccines back in 1967 prior to starting grade school and once again when uncle Sam gave me a shot card. I am a poor sample of only one but I know of no one that got autism
I dont by the myth that vaccines are the cause of autism. They have been giving vaccines for over 5 decades I am aware of.. I dont have a lot of faith that uncle sam had my best interest in mind but know of no documented issues.

The "incident" rate of vaccines is far less than anyone buying a winning lottery ticket, but I'd wager that doesn't keep people who are anti-vaxxers from playing the Lotto, or Power Ball "games".

Get your filthy little booger-eatin' morons innoculated!!

;)

Not a fan of anti-vaccinators, not one bit.

I can't stand them either. Conspiracy theories are a pet peeve, but it is usually just harmless nutbags ruminating about how the Lizard Aliens of Nibiru have infiltrated the League of Women Voters in a diabolical mind control plot involving Chemtrails and Tic Tacs. But with the anti-vaccine type, kids are getting sick and dying because of their pseudoscience bullplop.

The issue with vaccines, as I understand it, is the multiple vaccines that are combined together and the preservative used that's mercury based... only single dose, single purpose vaccines for my youngen...

Since 2003, vaccines administered to infants do not contain the mercurial compound Thimerosal. The annual flu shot contains a tiny, trace amount. The CDC has details here. :)

It looks like they had some trouble with the P in the DPT in Tennessee a long time ago. SIDS deaths until Wyeth changed the formula. My great grandkids are getting some combined vaccines... quite a long requirement for immunization, and my grandkids are really scared. But locally it's no immo, no school.

Didn't they eliminate the mercury preservatives? (Ooops Countrygent beat me to it.) I'm allergic to Thimerisol eye drops which had mercury preservative... no longer available. I think I would have had a reaction if it was being used in adult vaccines.

as this thread has now proven the deaths of some justify the protection of the many.

measles outbreak traced to fully vaccinate patient and two of the victims had previously been vaccinated,
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/201...Q3GaGDgx4MdoxYpNa1-i0AHi4BoBVIo1xWSrVtuJmj-VM

More than 1,000 get mumps in New York, New Jersey since August,,,, Of the New Jersey cases, 77 percent were vaccinated

More than 1,000 get mumps in New York, New Jersey since August - CNN.com

oh and if your child does have a adverse reaction it will be all ok

Supreme Court vaccine ruling: parents can't sue drug makers for kids' health problems

http://www.sfgate.com/health/article...rs-3894230.php

Parents can't sue vaccine manufacturers.

but yes again we don't look at the facts that 8 people died from measles but 108 died from the vaccine
yup just a buck of kooks

but yes again we don't look at the facts that 8 people died from measles but 108 died from the vaccine
yup just a buck of kooks

Again, how many millions are vaccinated? A very very small percentage of people have a reaction to the vaccine.

And once again, only 8 people died because so many are vaccinated. That number ( which you haven't sourced btw) is likely just in the USA. Thousands die every year from it, a quick google search will tell you that. Did you see bbbass's chart? Only a few years after a vaccine is introduced deaths drop to practically nil.

This doesnt even take into account the number of people who will catch the disease, suffer, miss work, infect others etc. If they aren't vaccinated.

My wife is an Infectious Disease Practitioner and, yes, mercury is no longer used. Also, she says the one's dying are immuno-compromised. With measles, babies, she says, are vulnerable, since no antibodies developed yet.

My father was stricken with polio in the 1940s. He survived, but he had a permanently withered leg. Dr. Jonas Salk, who created the polio vaccine, is something of a hero to him because his children and grandchildren never had to face the specter of that disease.

I can't stand them either. Conspiracy theories are a pet peeve, but it is usually just harmless nutbags ruminating about how the Lizard Aliens of Nibiru have infiltrated the League of Women Voters in a diabolical mind control plot involving Chemtrails and Tic Tacs. But with the anti-vaccine type, kids are getting sick and dying because of their pseudoscience bullplop.

Since 2003, vaccines administered to infants do not contain the mercurial compound Thimerosal. The annual flu shot contains a tiny, trace amount. The CDC has details here. :)

When I mention people I call "kooks" I am talking about the ones who appoint themselves "experts" and start screaming about whatever it is they want to "inform" us uninformed about. As CountryGent mentioned normally these people are harmless and often worth a laugh. When they start to convince people to take HUGE medical risks, then it no longer is such a fun little laugh. Some of the people I work with, who jump through hoops to not get a flu vaccine are great examples. They don't promote this but they fell for stuff they heard. They are convinced getting deathly ill from the latest flu is far better than the measures to help prevent it. Had the flu only a few times in my life. Still well remember it. Did make the mistake couple years back of lying and saying I was feeling fine. They will not give it if you say you are feeling under the weather. Partner and I both did, both did not want to have to chase down the vaccine later, so said we were fine. It did make both of us good and sick for a few days. Still NOTHING like a full blown case of the flu does though. Even if the vaccine made me that sick as it did that one time but kept the full blown flu at distance? I would still line up first to get it.

My father was stricken with polio in the 1940s. He survived, but he had a permanently withered leg. Dr. Jonas Salk, who created the polio vaccine, is something of a hero to him because his children and grandchildren never had to face the specter of that disease.
Yep and now that disease that was all but wiped out is back. Sadly many will end up permanently harmed because some parent fell for the hoax and did not give their child the vaccine to prevent that horrible disease.

My wife is an Infectious Disease Practitioner and, yes, mercury is no longer used. Also, she says the one's dying are immuno-compromised. With measles, babies, she says, are vulnerable, since no antibodies developed yet.
Those who are old, or weak, are of course the most at risk. When I was a child I had all what they called the childhood diseases early. Parents use to take us to get them when someone else had them, so we would get it early and be immune. Now for a while the diseases were unheard of in this country so people got away with not protecting their kids. Problem is now when an outbreak starts it can spread like fire. Those who are susceptible of course can die.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top