JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe speaking the truth about crazy politicians falls under the 1st amendment?
Also a right, but sometimes feels like a privilege and you still get backlash for freedom of speech.

Right vs privilege. That aside, you don't need a license to buy or own a car. And you don't need a license to operate one on private property. CB is full of bubblegum.

What if one needed a license to :
Read or speak ...
Go to church...
Vote...
Crazy idea there ain't it....

A license to do anything , will not keep people from harming others....nor keep folks from breaking the law.
To use the drivers license as an example...
Many folks drive who also have a drivers license...many of these same folks also drive recklessly or speed...
Requiring a license to drive , is not what keeps the other people from unsafe driving practices.

As for so called "Smart-Gun" tech...
Just what happens when the electronics fail or batteries die...or when someone simply finds a way to disengage the "Smart" system...?

How expensive will all this be...?
I ask , because the Bill of Rights and all of the Amendments within , are for all legal US Citizens , rich or poor...
To "Price" someone out of their ability to exercise their Right , is a low down , dirty , evil , trick.
Andy

Gun laws...
A revamping of the system that we have now in place...keeping what actually works and getting rid of what doesn't work...
Making sure that all the safeguards already in place , are up to date , information is passed on to the people who need it , and manned by people who care...
Enforcing the laws and punishments already in place...
Quit trying to use the same "solution" of bans , that have been found not to work...
Along that line...
Quit equating criminals with law abiding gun owners...

Also taking a look at our mental heath system and our society itself...would be of benefit as well...

Until that is what happens , I ain't really interested in most "gun control" debates or "solutions".
Andy

Is it a right or a privilege to grope?

I always thought so!!! ;);)

"You need a license to drive, but not to appropriate the name of a copyrighted movie character if you're Cory Booker." Maybe he should need a license to be Cory Bonker, er Booker...

Last Edited:
What if one needed a license to :
Read or speak ...
Go to church...
Vote...
Crazy idea there ain't it....

A license to do anything , will not keep people from harming others....nor keep folks from breaking the law.
To use the drivers license as an example...
Many folks drive who also have a drivers license...many of these same folks also drive recklessly or speed...
Requiring a license to drive , is not what keeps the other people from unsafe driving practices.

As for so called "Smart-Gun" tech...
Just what happens when the electronics fail or batteries die...or when someone simply finds a way to disengage the "Smart" system...?

How expensive will all this be...?
I ask , because the Bill of Rights and all of the Amendments within , are for all legal US Citizens , rich or poor...
To "Price" someone out of their ability to exercise their Right , is a low down , dirty , evil , trick.
Andy

I once had a license to kill.

True story. ;):D

I think think this is a great idea, it would stop criminals from owning guns.

Cause criminals never drive a car without a license. Poachers never hunt without a license.o_O

Yes, let's take ideas from the wildly successful states like New Jersey, California, and Illinois and spread them nationwide. That way citizens can't escape the high taxes and oppression by moving to a better state! Eliminate competition and monopolize lunacy!

I once had a license to kill.

True story. ;):D
I never really viewed my combat time as a license to kill...
But it was a time and place where that was "allowed" if the circumstances called for it.
Even then we had rules of engagement that governed just how and when ...

Not that one should equate combat with private citizens and firearm ownership...
But , by the same token...
Being a combat veteran and having done what was needed to come home...has shaped my thinking on firearms and firearm ownership.
Andy

But...we need to "have a conversation".:rolleyes:
A conversation is indeed , needed.
But..
A conversation only really works when both sides are:
Open to ideas...And the other person's point of view...
Willing to give and take...not have the "compromise" being : "We get what we want , you give up something"...
Able to listen...
Honest...
Able to present facts as well as feelings , there is a place for both in a conversation ...but neither facts or feelings , should be allowed to rule totally...
Willing to go into the conversation and not resort to "blanket statements" or stereotypes...
Able to understand that if you ask questions , the answer may not be what you want to hear...
Willing to understand that the other person , will feel that they are just as "right" as you are...

So basically we need to have a conversation ...but the chances of a meaningful conversation is pretty slim.
Andy

I never really viewed my combat time as a license to kill...
But it was a time and place where that was "allowed" if the circumstances called for it.
Even then we had rules of engagement that governed just how and when ...

Not that one should equate combat with private citizens and firearm ownership...
But , by the same token...
Being a combat veteran and having done what was needed to come home...has shaped my thinking on firearms and firearm ownership.
Andy

Oops.... that was a typo, I meant license to "ill". ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top