JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi @RevLIT .
Thank you for picking up what could. We haven't been up there in a while. I will try to organize something close to the end of September even though that is when the college crowd returns and things generally get worse. We can work together on it if you want and get to know the .gov resources for up there.
Thank you again.

We went up there tonight and picked up some more brass.... And trash tonight it was my birthday so wanted to get afew around a out at least.... cleaned the upper area of brass and the lowers was both pretty clean when I left tonight... I was not in my truck and didn't have much room for all the shot up metal plates up there but other then that actually pretty decent... We need to get some magnets up there the steel cases are starting to build up...

Thank You @Anonymous 510 . Wasn't quite sure if you got the garbage bags brought out. I can go up and get them if not. If you don't have room just leave stuff at the gate and send me a note and I am more than willing to go get the stuff. Appreciate all that you do.
Thanks

Went up there again today was tons of shotgun hulls I picked up not much brass I'm getting a magnet ready gonna do a steel case sweep soon... Tons of broken glass and other random trash up there again..gonna have to toss awhile roll of bags in the truck for next time only had 2 on me today...was omw back from starting another bgc in Eugene..found some broken windows kinda down the hill on the lower side... I would like to get dragged out as well..

received_3013787535573729.jpeg received_511388773442066.jpeg

Some people's children so went up there last night and a bunch of trash everywhere afew good size peices of cardboard and plywood sheets like damn..... really you can drag it all the way up there and shoot it but can not take it back with you shame on you.... And a good amount of brass was in the dry grass area won't be surprised if a fire happens you there soon

received_239648117986101.jpeg

Not sure....purge... Don't purge lol... Just wish some people would at least have respect for the spot it a free shooting range it's not that hard to clean up afterwards
Meet up with @Rem700..300 to assist in removing that stuff. Craig and Tracy are always out there doing what they can to help save that spot for good shooting. I know they could use a hand or two!
Bill

I haven't been up to Marys Peak since before summer. I heard you can't shoot anywhere up there right now. This true?
I was just up there shooting last week. I think people are confused by the signs at the parking lot. They say no shooting, but that is because idiots shoot from the parking lot instead of walking to the quarry.
Maybe I missed a fire warning, but I really don't think so.

It was a mess, though. We pulled out 3 30 gallon bags and barely scratched the surface.

I was just up there shooting last week. I think people are confused by the signs at the parking lot. They say no shooting, but that is because idiots shoot from the parking lot instead of walking to the quarry.
Maybe I missed a fire warning, but I really don't think so.

It was a mess, though. We pulled out 3 30 gallon bags and barely scratched the surface.
No tracers or tannerite aloud currently, but people still shoot it up there. So IMO when the level is yellow or higher all shooting should be banned period. I choose not to shoot up in the Siuslaw Alsea unit when they start posting time use restrictions for vehicles and tools. If I need to shoot that bad I have friends at Wren or ARPC. I'm grateful for all who take the time to pick up trash at Marys Peak but who really wants to potentially shoot around the kind of scum who can't take the time to haul out their garbage? Not me!

No tracers or tannerite aloud currently, but people still shoot it up there. So IMO when the level is yellow or higher all shooting should be banned period. I choose not to shoot up in the Siuslaw Alsea unit when they start posting time use restrictions for vehicles and tools. If I need to shoot that bad I have friends at Wren or ARPC. I'm grateful for all who take the time to pick up trash at Marys Peak but who really wants to potentially shoot around the kind of scum who can't take the time to haul out their garbage? Not me!
Right, a little uncommon common sense can go a long way. Shooting 9mm and 22lr in the quarry has no fire threat. This last time was the only time I have ever seen anyone else up there, and it was an older man with a high end air rifle. I don't know if I would stay if many others were shooting. It may depend on how many and how responsible they were. If I were to see some idiots blasting their mom's cookware (that's what I brought home to throw away.) I would probably not stay.

The BLM head for the area said BLM land in the area is open for recreational target practice and this includes the quarry. He just replied today. That being said we don't need any fires started so please be smart was also included.
Thank you for picking up the 3 bags of trash. We did a couple last weekend also plus the the lower roads. Let's do an unofficial cleanup soon.
Thank you.

New to this forum, been in Springfield Oregon for about 10 years.

I have some family just moved down to Albany from Washington.

This coming weekend I'm heading up to check out their place, and we're planning on doing some plinking.

Is the best spot from Albany to shoot?

How about anything east?

Also as I googled it, looks like, its up in the Siuslaw national forest, and like there's a fair amount of hiking and tourist spots, how do I get to the quarry in relation to the hiking trail?

Thanks for any responses, if none.... I guess I'll figure it out, was quite a bit of exploring I had to do when I moved up from the coast to Springfield, before I found my spots, but I got some good ones now.

New to this forum, been in Springfield Oregon for about 10 years.

I have some family just moved down to Albany from Washington.

This coming weekend I'm heading up to check out their place, and we're planning on doing some plinking.

Is the best spot from Albany to shoot?

How about anything east?

Also as I googled it, looks like, its up in the Siuslaw national forest, and like there's a fair amount of hiking and tourist spots, how do I get to the quarry in relation to the hiking trail?

Thanks for any responses, if none.... I guess I'll figure it out, was quite a bit of exploring I had to do when I moved up from the coast to Springfield, before I found my spots, but I got some good ones now.
Find members that will take you as a guest to Albany Rifle & Pistol Club. I wouldn't waste the time driving over to Mary's Peak because 99.7% of the time the gate to the pit is locked.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top