JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Really???? I've never paid more then $10 anywhere.

I believe that ten dollars is the State of Oregon fee for the background check. Any more than that must be a "service fee", which if true means that they must not want to sell guns. Are you sure that you are not referring to a "transfer fee" on a gun bought via the internet? That actually requires some service...........................elsullo

I purchased a SR9C at the delta park store yesterday and was pleased. They honered the raincheck for the sale price and gave me the sale price on 45 cal. bulk pack that doesn't start until today. I watch sales. Anything that can be bought at Bi Mart probably should be, but they don't sell pistols.

I purchased a SR9C at the delta park store yesterday and was pleased. They honered the raincheck for the sale price and gave me the sale price on 45 cal. bulk pack that doesn't start until today. I watch sales. Anything that can be bought at Bi Mart probably should be, but they don't sell pistols.
How much was the sale price on the SR9c? i went to the oc and delta park locations a few weeks back and they didn't seem to have the SR9 or the SR9c in stock. IMO the delta park store is a lot more helpful to go to. This is going beyond technical knowledge. They're also quick to help a customer and i didn't experience this at the OC location. Then again, i shouldn't of went on a busy saturday i guess.

Ya know, I just left Fisherman's in Oregon City. Seems every time I'm there, the guys behind the gun counter are so intent on impressing each other, they don't have time to help the paying customers.

Tonight, I went there for a 77/22 Magazine, and a set of Ruger rings.

First, I could not find a 77/22 magazine. When I finally convinced somebody I needed help, the best they could do is point me in the direction of the peg hooks where Ruger magazines are, but I had already looked there, and there weren't any. Best the worker bee could answer, then, is, "then we must not sell them". No offer to look himself, or check to see if they normally carry them. Who knows? Maybe they they had them in the back room. This guy sure wasn't gonna look.

Then I saw a very few Ruger rings hanging on a hook behind the counter. Too far to see prices, and too far to see what size they were. When I told them I needed 77/22 rings, they pointed to the distant rings behind the counter, and said, "this is all we have", and went on with their business. No offer to show me the sizes or prices.

Come on, Fisherman's! Maybe you think you have no competition, and your employees are too important to do their job, but that's the attitude that put the previous sporting goods stores out of business at the same location.

It's very difficult for gun-related stores to stay in business, but the way your store has become, it's gonna be hard for you to stay in business, too.

WAYNO.

This is my go-to place for gun stuff (as well as the O.C. Bi-Mart). I think they have a great selection of ammo, reloading stuff and shooting accessories. Unfortunately, they do charge a few dollars more per box than Bi-Mart. I've also found the employees almost always very friendly and knowledgeable.

I was in a hurry the other day, and I wanted to buy a couple of Zeiss Conquest 3-9s. One guy was down the end of the counter, jawjacking with somebody else (probably unfair, they were looking at pistols). The other guy was screwing around on the computer, for probably a couple of minutes. He finally looked up when a fairly cute chick walked by and needed some help. OK, fine, I realized I'm getting a little impatient by this time and my judgement might be getting affected. But when he finally notices me (I know I'm easy to miss, only 6'6" and 340 lbs) he saunters down and asks to help me. I tell him what I want to look at, and he pulls it out of the case, then does the 'pull it back as I'm reaching for it game'. By this point I'm getting pretty pissed, and I think at that point he's starting to get a clue. So I look at it, and decide I'm going to takes it, bad CS or no, and announce, "If you had another, I'd buy it, too."
"Sorry, don't have one."
"Oh yeah? What's that box with the 'Zeiss' in big letters?"
I honestly thought that buying my first euroglass would be less bitter.
I don't quite understand it. The fishing dept is top notch. Well, a notch down from Great American Tackle, but still pretty good. I prefer to keep my money going to local stores, but I've never had somebody piss me off at Warehouse Sports like this guy did. I'll probably keep returning, because over the years I've spent a ton of money there, but I'll be less enthusiastic about it.

wow, cannot believe that i am one of the only people around that avoid fishermans like the plague. Their prices suck, especially on re-loading supplies and firearm accesories. i live about two miles from the OC fishermans and i would much rather drive clear up to the OC bi-mart or even molalla for that matter, to spend my hard earned money. last time i went into that sh-thole of a store, i needed some IMR powder. they wanted 27.00 for a pound of IMR (left once again empty handed), 23.00 at bi-mart. during the ammo shortage, fishermans had no problem jacking their nprices when they had ammo "price gouging". bi-mart or walmart never did that. i sure wish bass pro or cabels would wake up and put a store in the portland metro area. then maybe stores like fishermans and wholesale sports would go away and we could have a real sporting store.
just my 2 cents..

$40.00 for a background check?. You can have low prices if you stick it to the customer before they get out of the store on a background check that the OSP charges them $10.00. It doesn't take but a minute to run and I don't think any one at the store makes that much in a few minutes. Try selling a used firearm at FM&O. You will not get the fair price then.

just dropped in there last week, they have some good prices on handguns. Ruger LCRs for something like $429? They also have a selection of used guns, which is a surprise for a big box store like that.

Another strike... I called about ordering a rifle, and the guy took my name and number. "What do you need that for?" Apparently the guys behind the counter can't just look something up themselves. AND I never received a call back. I guess they really don't need a sale that is pure profit on their part... no money tied up in inventory, no money in wages stocking the item for them to sit on. So I ordered from Keith's the next morning. Too bad, so sad.

The few times I've been there, they treated me very nicely. Prices are average, but the selection is a little on the weak side. Glad they opened up a location in Tigard, which has a much better selection of handguns.

Yea the sales crew can be sarcastic at times, but take it with a grain of salt, Company honors the individual.

Fishing Products and bait rate a 90 percent in my book, I know what they carry for what I am doing.

Hunting and Such, pick up a lot of accessory stuff there, Waiting for new camo to arrive till they sell all the old stuff.

Have been extremely irate with them about their policies on some things, now before I buy that is taken into consideration before purchase, with all that said you have to admit they are steadfast with what they do.

I will go there again and more. If there is a issue with a product, 75 percent of the time they went above the call of duty and personally helped me be satisfied.

Been patronizing them for over 10 years now.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top