JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe that the majority of Law Enforcement will not care what this Marine or any of us think about Our constitutional rights if a law is past.

Have they so far? Has anyone ever heard of a cop in the process of arresting someone change his mind because the suspect told the officer about his constitutional rights?
passed

I think the supreme court is indeed needed but they need to understand they are not there to dictate to the American Citizens their own beliefs of The Constitution. If they can do that then the Constitution is not the highest law in the land,...the supreme courts opinion would be.

The opinions of the supreme court is more important then the will of The People or the will of The Peoples government? The Congress? The Representatives? The President?

The Court and Constitutional Interpretation - Supreme Court of the United States

"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"-These words, written above the main entrance to the Supreme Court Building, express the ultimate responsibility of the Supreme Court of the United States. The Court is the highest tribunal in the Nation for all cases and controversies arising under the Constitution or the laws of the United States. As the final arbiter of the law, the Court is charged with ensuring the American people the promise of equal justice under law and, thereby, also functions as guardian and interpreter of the Constitution."

Who is right? The supremes or Abraham Lincoln ?

"We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts
not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert
the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

"The provision of the Constitution giving the war-making power to Congress was dictated, as I understand it, by the following reasons. Kings had always been involving and impoverishing their people in wars, pretending generally, if not always, that the good of the people was the object. This, our Convention understood to be the most oppressive of all Kingly oppressions; and they resolved to so frame the Constitution that no one man should hold the power of bringing this oppression upon us."

Abraham Lincoln

It is our ultimate right and responsibility as the citizens of the Untied States of America to overturn unconstitutional decisions made by the Supreme Court.

While im not one to say senators or represenatives are any better at following their own laws than any other person. I would comment on that latest Utah state trooper gal who faked DUI evidence to get over 200 DUI convictions to become 'officer of the year'.

"It's a well known trick in the law enforcement community, that many crooked cops will wipe down the mouthpiece to the breathalyzer with a alcohol pad after the first calibration & just prior to your first blow (to sanitize the mouthpiece), this then increases your blow reading by .02-.08 due to it being 62% (124 proof) alcohol thats being directly pushed in to be analyzed via your lungs."

We have just as many crooked lawmakers & crooked law enforcers as there is crooked people in the general population as citizens. There is no moral magic that happens just because someone assumes a title or position. They're just harder to nail because they get to police themselves, unlike the general population where they are policed by (you guessed it) those that get to police themselves. Understanding basic pyschology we find that many 'bad' people seek out positions in 'authority'.

The problem with DWI laws is they are a "Pre-Crime" you haven't committed any wrong doing that has directly affected an individual, however you COULD. The cop can write down that you were weaving, hell I've been accused of slurred speech even when I was 100% sober, just so the cop could do the finger test on me (The cop was obviously a rookie still in training so I cooperated the best I could since he was brand new to the job. One mistake that I noticed he did, and even the veteran officer had him correct, was he was searching my pockets and found I had a mace canister. Instead of laying it on the trunk of the car, he gave it back to me, you know maybe he was nervous cause this was one of his first patrols as a police officer, but the veteran officer took it back from me briefly and gave it back after they were all done with me, no tickets either).

Here's my best piece of advice that I actually got from Burt Gummer that I have heard, when it comes to complaining about laws and governmental power in this country. "Stop pretending that you live in a fair country, because you don't." If you take that attitude you won't get quite such high of blood pressure when discussing what's wrong with the country we live in.

Father of Four.. yes, we should seek peaceful redress first. But if that fails there is one final box of freedom left, and if we fail that last extreme test, prepare for the heavy chains that will come

The USSC is not God, nor do they have the authority to rescind the Natural Laws He set in place

The ussc doesn't have the authority to suspend the Natural Laws until a time that they happen to determine whatever it is they choose to determine with their judgement. Their judgement remains meaningless.

Exactly, if We the People have the guts to stop them. Are we still worthy to have these liberties? What are we prepared to do?

Wow! What a sweeping statement. It's pure whine, but, it is your opinion.

Originally Posted by Father of four
I believe that the majority of Law Enforcement will not care what this Marine or any of us think about Our constitutional rights if a law is past.

Have they so far? Has anyone ever heard of a cop in the process of arresting someone change his mind because the suspect told the officer about his constitutional rights?

I have talked to 4 cops. They all said HELL NO, I won't collect there guns. I will quit. So father of four, that's what I hear.
Besides only the FEDS would handle this task.

I have talked to 4 cops. They all said HELL NO, I won't collect there guns. I will quit. So father of four, that's what I hear.
Besides only the FEDS would handle this task.

While I am glad to hear that 4 LEOs will say no and I know a couple more who said it to, but in reality we just need to look at some citys and states that have outlawed firearms or have all but stopped a law abiding citizen from carrying. Are the cops refusing there? Are they following orders there?

I bet many, many LEOs will side with the constitution and the citizens. I be many, many want.

Wow! What a sweeping statement. It's pure whine, but, it is your opinion.

Originally Posted by Father of four

Now why would you call that pure whine?

Do the majority of LE consider our constitutional rights and take them to heart when dealing with a suspect or are they going to follow law?

While I am glad to hear that 4 LEOs will say no and I know a couple more who said it to, but in reality we just need to look at some citys and states that have outlawed firearms or have all but stopped a law abiding citizen from carrying. Are the cops refusing there? Are they following orders there?

I bet many, many LEOs will side with the constitution and the citizens. I be many, many want.

As an LEO of over a dozen years (after leaving the service), I have talked with many of my co-workers. I don't know of any that say they would follow those kind of orders.

To put all of this into perspective, how many of your neighbors would voluntarily give up their arms, or snitch off their neighbors, relatives and family?

I would hazard to guess, the percentage difference, as compared to LEO/Military would be astronomical.

Unlike your neighbors, I took an oath to uphold the Constitution. Violating one of it's most basic rights - is not what I signed on to do.

Yes. I would toss my badge on the briefing room table if given that choice. My wife knows that.

I think that people, such as yourself, worry too much about this IMHO.

You are better off worrying what your elected officials are gonna do.

You are better off worrying what your elected officials are gonna do.

There is a LEO that is a member of this very site that I think highly of. He has said that he would not follow orders to confiscate firearms if ordered too, but at the same time he admits that there are laws, rules and regulations that he has to follow. He must follow. That we as citizens need to get the elected officials to change laws....but in the mean time he must follow them.

Do you see the problem there? Do you think he is right now doing things by law that he believes to be not right but does them anyways?

I like the guy but I do not honestly think that he would jeopardize his career, home and way of life because of our constitutional rights. In an extreme case, yes maybe.

What is this?? Twenty questions??

Answer. To my knowledge no. Remember, also that some situations require that you make a decision based on imperfect information, or based on a specific situation as you perceive it. You don't have time to research/consult or debate.

If I had the ability to crawl around inside someones head - especially in a tense fast moving situation, things would often be different.

We cannot, and it would be unfair of you to demand that. We make decisions based on what we see and hear. In other words. We are human, just like everyone else.

I am not going to play the "what if" game with you. It serves no purpose.

If you want to distrust/grill or attempt to "trap" someone with a scenario to further your own agenda. Have at it. I however, won't play.

All I can do is do my job as best I can using my brain/personal values and training.

Unfortunately, some, will not find that enough.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top